BB-8 Legendary Event Thread

Replies

• I would even say 7* and G8-9 min with good mods and full Omega abilities to be sure ..
  • Hmm I think that's over kill when I got palp with 7* gear 8 toons
  • Rujedi wrote: »
    Hmm I think that's over kill when I got palp with 7* gear 8 toons

Palpatine event is really easy... We don't know how is the BB8 event going to be
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Only devs know how Hard Will be, my bet is who have Kylo XII with zeta Will be ok, less need see how Hard Will be.
  • If u low on resources, put them all at min gear lvl 8. But don't stop, keep farming the gears needed for upgrade to lvl 9. U try the battle with g8 chars. Repeat several times if u feel ur lost bcause of RNG factor. If u think u lost bcause u are undergear, upgrade them to gear lvl 9.

But do it one by one.. upgrade first who do u think is ur weakest link. Then try battle again, rinse and repeat.

I learned from my experienced.. take all required chars to g11 in cls event. Seems too much, and i regret it til' now lol :lol:
  • Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Everybody know that the event will be back in December. BB8 will be required in *7 to unlock jedi Rey at *7.

This was my speculation as well.

Same here.... i hate CG so much for making an event that returns like every 2058 years, and all the op chars have to be unlocked using this one char.... so you have to spend 500$ on those 10-330 shard packs where, honestly, the chance for more than 30 shards is like 0.00000000000000001% ? No thanks. That is exactly why i will never spend any more money on this game

+1000
    Everybody know that the event will be back in December. BB8 will be required in *7 to unlock jedi Rey at *7.

Same here.... i hate CG so much for making an event that returns like every 2058 years, and all the op chars have to be unlocked using this one char.... so you have to spend 500$ on those 10-330 shard packs where, honestly, the chance for more than 30 shards is like 0.00000000000000001% ? No thanks. That is exactly why i will never spend any more money on this game

58h9wtT.png

Whale Watchers

I use to spend money on this game every so often. I haven't spent a dime since the CLS event because I realized a could spend thousands and still make no real progress.

FO is one of the oldest factions in the game. I have all 5 toons at 7* and didn't spend a penny farming them.

You chose to farm your toons, and I chose to farm FO. Your rant is understandable but misguided
  • All Legendary events are extremely rare, Pieces and Plans included. Nothing has changed in that regard.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    All Legendary events are extremely rare, Pieces and Plans included. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I figured this was the case but now we know for sure.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Is there some strange reason the devs don't tell us in advance what the requirements are to get the 330 shards
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I would like to know why we aren't informed of the required star level and gear level of characters we need for legendary events to get max shards. Is there a special we don't get this information, it would certainly make planning for these event easier..please explain
    And just so I don't keep getting comments about how I need teams to get thrawn, r2d2, and cls, I, have these teams at 7* gear 9......yes all 3 of them
    Post edited by Rujedi on
  • All legendaries unlock at 5* so that's 145 shards. The difficulty of each event varies from pretty easy (EP) to pretty tough (Thrawn). CLS is a unique sotuation in that he only unlocks at 7 stars.

The devs can't tell you how easy it will be because that would defeat the purpose of levelling your toons to the best they can be thereby increasing the likelihood of money being spent to improve quickly.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Special reason ^
  • It's a legendary event, which means you need five star squad to unlock, and a seven star squad to seven star bb8, same as every other legendary event.
  • Ok cool tks
  • I'm a new player so didn't know that
  • They give you enough awareness to improve required squad in time but if you weren't at all prepared then in order to do it you pay, its to earn profit from the game. Understandably.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Have all your FO toons 7* Zeta.
    Have all your Resistance toons 7* Zeta.

This is half joke, half serious. It is a strategy game. Plan your strategy accordingly, not to the release of toons or pay cash to catch up. Your decisions to mod incorrectly, unlock certain characters, level the wrong toons, put energy into the wrong nodes is all strategy based. The Devs have a strategy and they expect their players to strategize as well. Some are good and some are bad. Some work for PVP, and some don’t but work for GW or raids.
  • I can't do zeta yet only level 75 so I hope I'm not wasting my time 7* the first order if gear 9 won't be enough to get BB8 7*
  • That would be a real bummer since I only need them 5* to unlock
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Gear 9 is typically enough to complete legendary events. There's no way of knowing of course since nobody has done the event yet, but according to the Devs it is supposed to be comparable in difficulty to the R2 event.
    I can't do zeta yet only level 75 so I hope I'm not wasting my time 7* the first order if gear 9 won't be enough to get BB8 7*

How can 7* any toon be a waste of time. It makes for a robust line up of available characters to choose from. As I said this is a strategy game. If you unlock B.B. this go and don’t 7* him, is it the end of the world?

At 75 you should be focusing on getting GS up, unlocking LS/ DS nodes, and getting characters to open the mod challenges to mod your teams with 4/5 star mods. Worrying about 1 shiny new that really is not gonna make or break your squads is seriously irrelevant.

I did notice you asked about Chaze Wiggs squads in another thread. This is what you should be focusing on, synergy and squad teamwork. And know that as you near the top you will need CLS/R2 so start starring up Old Ben and crew and your imps to open R2 and gang. Your strat should be opening toons and ships that you want and then go from there. I did a deep dive into the academy thread in the forums and learned a lot and got me focused. I recommend doing the same so you are not spinning your wheels on a hamster wheel getting no where fast.
  • Thanks, @CG_CapGaSP ! I appreciate the work you do and your clear and concise responses that you give about events.
  • Hmmm I would suggest meditation for the over active mind.
  • in general, when they push the update and a character shows up in your roster, you will see 0/145 if they unlock at 5*, which is the case for BB8. The reason the studio doesn't communicate this, it turns out that star requirements are the one thing they are on the hook for communicating effectively...otherwise they have to pay reparations if anyone exceeds the requirements. For example, with BB8, if they said you needed 7* first order to unlock him, they would owe you 20k crystal if you had any FO over 5*. Stars are a tricky game for them
    Well that's depressing I thought these games were for our enjoyment not for a developers greed

Nope, not a charity. It's a product

Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Yes I understand that now Tks I was more concerned with what gear level i would need at 7* to get 330 shards of him let's hope gear 9 will do it
  • And just so USAfmedic knows I already have my teams ready for r2d2, thrawn, and cls when they come around again