BB-8 Legendary Event Thread

Replies

• Rujedi wrote: »
    Yes I understand that now Tks I was more concerned with what gear level i would need at 7* to get 330 shards of him let's hope gear 9 will do it

That's a good level to hold. Maybe throw your arena mods on them. You can hoard the gear in case you need it. Also, you can just put their skills at the highest purple without using any omega. If I was in that situation, I would try at least 20 times before throwing in more resources.
  • Matt_B wrote: »
    in general, when they push the update and a character shows up in your roster, you will see 0/145 if they unlock at 5*, which is the case for BB8. The reason the studio doesn't communicate this, it turns out that star requirements are the one thing they are on the hook for communicating effectively...otherwise they have to pay reparations if anyone exceeds the requirements. For example, with BB8, if they said you needed 7* first order to unlock him, they would owe you 20k crystal if you had any FO over 5*. Stars are a tricky game for them

Hahaha I love this^
  • Have all your FO toons 7* Zeta.
    Have all your Resistance toons 7* Zeta.

This is half joke, half serious. It is a strategy game. Plan your strategy accordingly, not to the release of toons or pay cash to catch up. Your decisions to mod incorrectly, unlock certain characters, level the wrong toons, put energy into the wrong nodes is all strategy based. The Devs have a strategy and they expect their players to strategize as well. Some are good and some are bad. Some work for PVP, and some don’t but work for GW or raids.

That's easy to say in theory, but I knew to farm resistance and first order since April but could never get around to it. First you have to scramble to unlock, R2D2, Thrawn, then Luke, then farm crappy TB characters you don't really want.

Doesn't leave much time left to work on something for down the road.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    If you're a new player, your priorities should be phoenix, scoundrels, and rebels
  • Rujedi wrote: »
    I can't do zeta yet only level 75 so I hope I'm not wasting my time 7* the first order if gear 9 won't be enough to get BB8 7*

How can 7* any toon be a waste of time. It makes for a robust line up of available characters to choose from.

I submit for your perusal CUP, ugnaut and mob enforcer.
  • Here the truth. As a level 75 player; you should ignore bb8 this time but start farming fost/fotp from hard nodes and maybe you can be ready in 8 months.
    I would strongly recommend you to farm Phoenix squad and also empire for r2. Leia/sth/old Ben/farmboy luke are needed for luke so I would prioritize them before FO
  • It's a legendary event, which means you need five star squad to unlock, and a seven star squad to seven star bb8, same as every other legendary event.

Except cls
  • It's funny most of you guys didn't read my comments I already have a 7* gear 9 Phoenix team I also have a team ready to get cls and r2d2
  • Otherwise I wouldn't be asking about BB8 lol
  • Germi wrote: »
    I would even say 7* and G8-9 min with good mods and full Omega abilities to be sure ..

I remember reading a Dev response that said that events were tuned to be more about mods than gear.

I've beaten every other legendary event with G8 characters and rarely did I have Omegas on more than a couple abilities.

It's true my Phoenix weren't ready to 7 star Thrawn, but I've had them ready at G8 level 85 7* level 7-8 abilities for some time and I have no doubt I will get him 7* next month.

So while we don't "know" about this event yet... we know. G8 will be good enough, and you will not need max abilities on everyone. Mostly level 7 with some level 8s and 6s will be good enough.
  • Viruschill wrote: »
    It's a legendary event, which means you need five star squad to unlock, and a seven star squad to seven star bb8, same as every other legendary event.

Except cls

CLS isn't a legendary event, it's a hero's journey event.
  • I hate to farm FO
  • Matt_B wrote: »
    in general, when they push the update and a character shows up in your roster, you will see 0/145 if they unlock at 5*, which is the case for BB8. The reason the studio doesn't communicate this, it turns out that star requirements are the one thing they are on the hook for communicating effectively...otherwise they have to pay reparations if anyone exceeds the requirements. For example, with BB8, if they said you needed 7* first order to unlock him, they would owe you 20k crystal if you had any FO over 5*. Stars are a tricky game for them

Hahaha I love this^

+1
  • Plokoon187 wrote: »
    Rujedi wrote: »
    I can't do zeta yet only level 75 so I hope I'm not wasting my time 7* the first order if gear 9 won't be enough to get BB8 7*

How can 7* any toon be a waste of time. It makes for a robust line up of available characters to choose from.

I submit for your perusal CUP, ugnaut and mob enforcer.

Actually with tb that joke doesn't work anymore lol
  • Davius wrote: »
    Rujedi wrote: »
    Well that's depressing I thought these games were for our enjoyment not for a developers greed

Its not the devs greed, its EA. these games are all about the profit, but the devs work really hard to make a good product

+1

Jmkv21Z.gif
  • I would G8 7* everything at a minimum. 5* G7 will likely be enough to unlock 5* BB8. As always, throw on good mods.
  • Unless specified like they did with cls, it's always 5* to unlock and you usually need them at gear 8 or 9.
  • Jetlife cute analogy but no I'm just guessing my other teams are ready just trying to let people like you know I don't need your useless input......
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    I would even say 7* and G8-9 min with good mods and full Omega abilities to be sure ..

I remember reading a Dev response that said that events were tuned to be more about mods than gear.

I've beaten every other legendary event with G8 characters and rarely did I have Omegas on more than a couple abilities.

It's true my Phoenix weren't ready to 7 star Thrawn, but I've had them ready at G8 level 85 7* level 7-8 abilities for some time and I have no doubt I will get him 7* next month.

So while we don't "know" about this event yet... we know. G8 will be good enough, and you will not need max abilities on everyone. Mostly level 7 with some level 8s and 6s will be good enough.

You won't get thrawn 7* with g8s mate, even krakens were getting pheonix to g9 minimum for the thrawn 7*
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Tigzie wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

You won't get thrawn 7* with g8s mate, even krakens were getting pheonix to g9 minimum for the thrawn 7*
    A bunch of people did it with G8 and even less, there’s a thread about how low people where able to get a 7* Thrawn
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • So here's a quote from CapGasp on Reddit:

Capgasp:
    Difficulty should be comparable to R2-D2's event, as that was my baseline. As always YMMV depending on a lot of factors.

So there you go. Should need about g8 level 80 with most abilities level 7 or above. It will depend more on mods than anything else.
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »
    As someone with 7* g11/12 FO squad, I would like to see them have a bonus tier that only the mightiest of FO squads can complete. A little reward for those who put the most time, effort, and resources into a squad that never really got to hold the spotlight. It doesn't even have to include BB8 shards, it could just award some credits, crystals, zetas, and/or gear necessary to get to g12.

Yes please.
  • My FO squad is (all fully modded):

Phasma, 7*, G10, Zeta
    Kylo, 7*, G10, Zeta
    FO TIE Pilot, 7*, G10
    FO Officer, 7*, G9
    FO Stormtrooper, 7*, G9

My Officer is 3/6 to G10 so I'll probably try getting that done but Stormtrooper is most likely going to have to stay at G9.

I hope this is enough.
  • Ztyle wrote: »

A bunch of people did it with G8 and even less, there’s a thread about how low people where able to get a 7* Thrawn

Are there videos? I'm always dubious of forum claims, can only pass on what I've seen myself :)
  • My Phoenix are all gear 9+ so I'm fine either way
  • Tigzie wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »

Are there videos? I'm always dubious of forum claims, can only pass on what I've seen myself :)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116623/unlock-thrawn-minimum-requirements/p3

@WildGrunt unlocked him with full G8 and slightly further down the thread @leef confirmed with a look at his .GG profile. Grunt wasn't the only one, just the easiest to find.
  • Legendary events are all the same format. Luke was a specific format and they told us ahead of time. Relax.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • My FO squad is (all fully modded):

Phasma, 7*, G10, Zeta
    Kylo, 7*, G10, Zeta
    FO TIE Pilot, 7*, G10
    FO Officer, 7*, G9
    FO Stormtrooper, 7*, G9

My Officer is 3/6 to G10 so I'll probably try getting that done but Stormtrooper is most likely going to have to stay at G9.

I hope this is enough.

If that ain't enough, then I'd say you need better mods. Lol
  • What we're the requirements for luke