BB-8 Legendary Event Thread

Replies

• TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Secret intel spreading like wildfire, plus zeta Finn expose pops - I'd be surprised if it was any longer than every 3rd turn in a resistance squad

(Unless there is a buff cleanser on the opposite team)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Secret intel spreading like wildfire, plus zeta Finn expose pops - I'd be surprised if it was any longer than every 3rd turn in a resistance squad

*Casts a pondering gaze at g11 B2*
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I don't have a zeta kylo...my Kylo is 4* G7. Does his massive protection gain from damage mean he could probably solo it? I assume we will face resistance so just need to prevent finn from stunning him. The ai won't use trooper right.

Once again, I've never used him so I may be wrong, but I have faced him many times. If I don't keep him stunned, I lose.

With a 4* Kylo, I believe, you will only be able to play the first 4 tiers - at least if it's structured like the other legendary events, where you need an entire team at that star level to participate in a given tier.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Everybody know that the event will be back in December. BB8 will be required in *7 to unlock jedi Rey at *7.

This was my speculation as well.

BB8 "it's a trap".. his kit is not great, good things he don't have rebel tag so it's usability locked to resistance n droid only. Who's gonna use char with 70 cooldown in arena anyway.

Idk what will come in December.. jedi Rey, old jedi master Luke, or even maybe Snoke. I don't have desire to have BB8 for daily use, i'm just afraid one day he will become required char like R2 in CLS event.

And.. we all trapped bcause we ignore BB8 :bawling:

Yeah I concur. Plus the sudden release of vet han and chewie? There’s no way they would suddenly come out with these characters that are now almost 2 years old next to the next movie in the trilogy.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    aeaswen wrote: »
    I really was hoping I'd get rewarded for all this FO farming I've done. BB8 is such a disappointment from a kit stand point and a lackluster minor character.

BB8 is just the first toon from that is an Ep. VIII release. More are coming...

Hes taken from episode 7 actually, his event is based on that movie

Its part of promo/hype building for Ep. VIII so I'll consider it as such.
  • I have them all gear 10 and no zeta abilities on any of them. I do have some okay 5 dot mods on them. I'm hoping it will work for the event. So far all the other legendary events have not really been a struggle to compete, just having the star requirement has been the hardest to achieve.
  • You'll all be sorry you don't have him when C-3P0 comes out.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

*While he's stunned from Finn's Takedown*
  • CryGonJinn
    402 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Worst comes to worst, I'll zeta Phasma. Hope it doesn't come to that, but sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do.
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    aeaswen wrote: »
    I really was hoping I'd get rewarded for all this FO farming I've done. BB8 is such a disappointment from a kit stand point and a lackluster minor character.

BB8 is just the first toon from that is an Ep. VIII release. More are coming...

Hes taken from episode 7 actually, his event is based on that movie

Wouldn't be surprised if he's needed for another heroes journey, similar to R2
  • Same boat as you, but can get the other four to gear IX if needed. Hope the G8s will be enough since I don't care to use or plan on vesting any more resources into FO.
  • CryGonJinn wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Dude, do you honestly think I would run B2 without a pretaunt and a plan?

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CryGonJinn wrote: »

Well...Raid Han.

I win again :)
  • Where do we see who we'll be facing?
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    I never faced a legendary event where G8 wasn't enough

Did you get 7 star Thrawn with all gear 8 phoenix?

I had one or two gear 9, but it was very easy i probably could have done it with all gear 8. If i had to retry, it was only once.

The trick was learning their moves and using chopper instead of sabine. With the survivability chopper brings, and the extra dispel for the stormtrooper and extra taunt, gear 8 was enough, maybe just depending on RNG if who Thrawn fractured.
  • I got zPhasma since I assumed an FO event would come at some point. She's G11, FOTP is 10, Kyle is 9, and the two goons are 8. I'm going to at least bring FOST to g9, I'll try to get FOO up to 9. And I have a zeta for Kyle or FOST if I need.

I'm not so sure about BB8 myself - that 70 cool down sounds like madness, but 8 cool down on DN sounded like a lot too but it ended up being fine. And it looks like he might pair up great with R2. Plus, I'm confident CG will rework legendary toons if they're not up to par (FYI, Yoda needs love...)

You should Zeta Kylo regardless. He works with any team. Put critical damage & critical chance mods.
  • Do we really not understand how legendary events work by now? We've had five of them. The newsletter said it's a legendary event.....
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Everybody know that the event will be back in December. BB8 will be required in *7 to unlock jedi Rey at *7.

BB8 "it's a trap".. his kit is not great, good things he don't have rebel tag so it's usability locked to resistance n droid only. Who's gonna use char with 70 cooldown in arena anyway.

Idk what will come in December.. jedi Rey, old jedi master Luke, or even maybe Snoke. I don't have desire to have BB8 for daily use, i'm just afraid one day he will become required char like R2 in CLS event.

And.. we all trapped bcause we ignore BB8 :bawling:

Yeah I concur. Plus the sudden release of vet han and chewie? There’s no way they would suddenly come out with these characters that are now almost 2 years old next to the next movie in the trilogy.

Oh yess.. "i have a bad feelings about that" :lol:

Vet han n chewie, BB8, rey, finn? Need to unlock old jedi master luke. Well, since tag can always change relate to event (like old ben case).. then we can have resistance tag for vet han n chewie. Anything possible :#
  • CryGonJinn wrote: »
    CryGonJinn wrote: »

Well...Raid Han.

I win again :)

My Raid Han stuns your raid Han. Checkmate. ;)

• RacerDejak wrote: »

Oh, more lightside to unlock lightside? Here is my shocked face. :neutral: They don't even try to hide the bias anymore do they? What you wanna bet the next darkside requires lightside too. Was already 4:5 requiring lightside.
  • Yes to zeta kylo.
  • My FO squad is all 7* and mod'd and geared pretty well. Should be cake. My Zylo is crazy as is. A destructive tank. Just wish it wasn't YET ANOTHER LIGHTSIDE CHARACTER. They forget their are two sides of the force?
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    As someone with 7* g11/12 FO squad, I would like to see them have a bonus tier that only the mightiest of FO squads can complete. A little reward for those who put the most time, effort, and resources into a squad that never really got to hold the spotlight. It doesn't even have to include BB8 shards, it could just award some credits, crystals, zetas, and/or gear necessary to get to g12.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    As someone with 7* g11/12 FO squad, I would like to see them have a bonus tier that only the mightiest of FO squads can complete. A little reward for those who put the most time, effort, and resources into a squad that never really got to hold the spotlight. It doesn't even have to include BB8 shards, it could just award some credits, crystals, zetas, and/or gear necessary to get to g12.

Considering the fact that everyone has hoped the same thing in every legendary event - and it's never happened, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The only event that was actually challenging was pre-nerf Yoda event. I think those of us who completed 7* Yoda pre-nerf should have gotten some sort of reward...20k crystals or something.

• I'm thinking with the new movie resistance are going to become like rebels and we're going to see a stack more come out with this and future films. So they're possibly just trying to keep up by putting out BB-8 and the Veterans.
  • Resistance are the next meta... fo are only there to unlock more and more resistance, same as empire for rebels
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »

Same here.... i hate CG so much for making an event that returns like every 2058 years, and all the op chars have to be unlocked using this one char.... so you have to spend 500$ on those 10-330 shard packs where, honestly, the chance for more than 30 shards is like 0.00000000000000001% ? No thanks. That is exactly why i will never spend any more money on this game
  • Can anyone tell me how many stars the first order toons needs to get BB8 at 7* tks
  • I guess 3* or 4* max
  • 7*
  • Same as any legendary
  • ThePenguin77
    186 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    7*, 5* to unlock