I like the new shard store, but.....

I think the new shard store is a great idea in theory, and it could end up being a big improvement for many players, but that it is not being implemented effectively. There are only 6 slots for gear to show up, and 2 of these are always filled with absolutely worthless green and blue gear that no one with half a brain would buy. If CG is serious about addressing the gear crunch, we need more slots and no useless gear (no challenge gear either except carbantis). I haven't seen a single stun gun in there yet. I get that CG wants us to spend crystals, and that the small store selection is designed to get us to refresh it. I have no problem with CG trying to get more crystals like this, but I am saying that it mitigates any alleviating effect that the shop may have had on the gear crunch. I am just as hard up for gear as I was before because the things I need most aren't appearing frequently enough. Anyway, I like the idea of the new store but it needs to be improved. Fleet store currently has 18 slots; bumping the shard store up to 18 slots and removing non-purple gear is a recipe for success.

Replies

• I agree 100%. Even if there's an equal chance for each piece of gear to show up in its designated single spot, which I don't think is the case, there's at least 4 pieces share the spot that guns are supposed to be in. Like you, I haven't seen a single gun since the new shops release, and I also haven't seen any cuffs or corbantis, either. It's a let down, as I was really excited about the change.
  • I've only seen stunguns once. I haven't seen cuffs or holoprojectors yet. I don't even know if they have a rotating spot there.
  • I've only seen stunguns once. I haven't seen cuffs or holoprojectors yet. I don't even know if they have a rotating spot there.

Stun guns, cuffs, corbantis, and sensor arrays share the same spot, second row, left. Holoprojectors show up second row, right. I've seen them once.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I've only seen stunguns once. I haven't seen cuffs or holoprojectors yet. I don't even know if they have a rotating spot there.

There are 6 holos, 6 carbs, 6 cuffs, 5 yellow gear, 5 tank raid gear, and also heroic rancor gair.
  • We can add mk 6 hypo syringe salvage to the shared slot that contains guns, cuffs, carbs, and sensors. That's unfortunate.
  • Mk 4 carb just popped up in that slot, as well. So that's at least 6 pieces of gear that share that single slot.