Additional FO packs planned?

Prev1
Are there any plans for more First Order packs similar to the emperors finest packs to come out? I perosonally love my first order squad but only have kylo, phasma, and FO officer 7 starred. I would love it if specialized packs for the toon would come out for FO stormtrooper and FO tie pilot so that I could round off the team.

I've been farming those two for months now but only have 6 and 4 starred due to my terrible rng. Does anyone know if they will release something in order to help siruations like this? Not a fan of using my rng to hope for 10-330 shards from the faction pack. Also sorry if I file this to the wrong place

Replies

• They would make more money offering individual packs. There is no way in hell i am buying the FO pack when I only need 1 guy.
  • Gankak wrote: »
    They would make more money offering individual packs. There is no way in hell i am buying the FO pack when I only need 1 guy.

Agreed. Give me an 80 shard pack for FOST and I'd drop $10 on it in a heart beat. Otherwise I'm likely not spending. BB8 will show up more than once and I can get him 6* by the end of the event.
  • If u can get lot of $$$ by release faction pack, why should u get less $$$ by release individual pack? :frowning:
    -Harry Potter
  • Ain't gonna happen at this point.
  • There's usually packs that come out right when an event starts. They gave us this big pack early on. If they give us individual packs at all, it will be when the event starts by my guess. Personally I'm hoping they re-release Kylo's ship bundle at that point too.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Gankak wrote: »
    They would make more money offering individual packs. There is no way in hell i am buying the FO pack when I only need 1 guy.

Agreed. Give me an 80 shard pack for FOST and I'd drop $10 on it in a heart beat. Otherwise I'm likely not spending. BB8 will show up more than once and I can get him 6* by the end of the event.

This.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 80 shards for $10 good luck with that :D
  • I'm hoping they bring back the omega/mk3 training mat packs
  • Pa_lin wrote: »
    I'm hoping they bring back the omega/mk3 training mat packs

I'm sure they will, but intermittently like the mod packs are. They may revamp them though... like they did with the mod packs.

If they split it up the packs would probably cost $20 each
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • The packs are garbage. If your gonna spend buy the crystals.
  • Yeah I would have expected they'd have made more with $20 individual toon bundles. But I assume they've run the numbers of how many people need how many shards, and how many people buy $20 vs $80 bundles, and they think this is the right bet. Given that the $80 bundle runs through the end of the event, and given that lots of people have probably bought it, there's no way they'd release individual character bundles now. They'd have a riot on their hands and would have to give refunds galore to people who bought the $80 bundle despite only needing FOST shards or whatever.

But given the lackluster feedback on the boards about BB-8's existence, and the general thrilledness about First Order in general, I wonder if this legendary event isn't one step too far for CG. Too many big events and modes, too closely packed, that require too many toons, are going to burn people out sooner or later.

I am interested to see how people react when we find out we'll need BB-8 at 7-star plus Poe, Finn, Rey, and R2 in order to clear Rey's Hero's Journey and unlock Padawan Rey, who will be more OP than CLS.
  • I would probably spend $10 or $20 on the FO Stormtrooper since I am not buying the 21-day crystal packs anymore
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    skywhopper wrote: »
    ...Too many big events and modes, too closely packed, that require too many toons, are going to burn people out sooner or later.

I've already seen a couple friends drop out from mine and my wife's shards. Mine is a launch shard and the wife's a few month after. Both players were top players (no 1 or near abouts at payout). Only mentioning the ranks because I assume lower rank holders will have it tougher to compete in the present scenario. Going to lose at least another mate after this TB, already have advance notice lol.

Me, I'm still enjoying the game for now, except for my pet peeve GW (guys, I finish it and haven't ever not finished it in ages, so please don't jump on resistance or L2P nonsense).

Edit: On topic, old player, have FO at 7 stars but the wife will barely make 5 stars (FOST obviously). She's not going to gamble on that pack. She's refreshing the nodes once everyday just to be able to get a toe in.

• The more I think about it the more I can’t see them doing packs. I’ll maybe take a gamble on the crystal pack if I can get FOTP close to 5 stars near the end of the event. Worst case scenario I don’t get bb8 but I’ll finally be able to 5 star the offence mods.

And if we were to need him 7 stat for Rey then they’d probably just do the same as they did with R2 and bring the event back.

more like $50 bro...this game aint not cheap...with 10 Dollars you might get 5 stars nothing more....
  • I had no chance of getting FOST to 7* with just the double drops alone. I managed to get to 25/100 so im in perfect position for one of those $20 packs. Just hoping they want to make money and release individual packs for this, cause there is no way im spending $80.
  • Haha $10. I won’t pay the $80 since I only want two, but I’d spend $40, $20 each for the two hard node only toons
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    There's usually packs that come out right when an event starts. They gave us this big pack early on. If they give us individual packs at all, it will be when the event starts by my guess.
    Exactly. They'll milk all they can out of the big bundle and the gamble packs. Then, once the event hits, they'll sell the individual packs to get money from whoever wouldn't go for the other stuff.
  • I bought it for just 2 characters. I'm not thrilled about it, but I did it. The 80 finished out FOTP for me, and got me to 6* for FOST, so I could try to make the sprint to 100. I got fairly lucky with the shard farming, and I'm tracking to make it with only having used the 50 gem refreshes and 1 at 100. I'm at 93/100 after today and the end of the 2x drops.

However, the extra 240 shards for the new shard shop revamp have helped a LOT with gear, and the extra credits to cover the 2.5m cost of promotion that my guys needed helped sell me on it. Still not happy that I had to do it that way (I would also have preferred to buy 2 $20 packs), but less unhappy than I could have been.

Besides, I'm one of those rare few OG SW fans that has disliked R2-D2 since I watched him roll onto the screen in 1977. I actually like BB8, despite the commercialization of most of the new characters, and see him as a distinct upgrade over R2's character. So if I'm going to sink so much into getting my zzR2 who I don't particularly like, I felt like I had to give BB8 a fair shot in my roster as well. :smiley:
  • I guess the extra shards are nice. But I’d rather not.
  • Its funny how my perspective has changed through the 2 years of playing this game. I remember when the $5 dooku pack was around and I thought no way am I giving you guys 5 bucks for getting a toon earlier. Now im literally salivating over waiting for a $20 pack. gotta love and hate this game
  • PiffGuru wrote: »
    Its funny how my perspective has changed through the 2 years of playing this game. I remember when the $5 dooku pack was around and I thought no way am I giving you guys 5 bucks for getting a toon earlier. Now im literally salivating over waiting for a $20 pack. gotta love and hate this game

Yup, I'm the same way
  • Could had them easy at 7* but with tb and Phoenix farming I have now the run for foo because he is ATM only 18/100. Maybe I'll get him done. But I won't cry when I don't get bb8 is only 6* for me.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »

If they split it up the packs would probably cost $20 each

You're right. But that's my point exactly. Prices and randomness are too high. $20 for 80 shards of a specific toon? That's an improvement. $10 for 80 shards of a specific toon? That's a purchase.
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    Yeah I would have expected they'd have made more with $20 individual toon bundles. But I assume they've run the numbers of how many people need how many shards, and how many people buy $20 vs $80 bundles, and they think this is the right bet. Given that the $80 bundle runs through the end of the event, and given that lots of people have probably bought it, there's no way they'd release individual character bundles now. They'd have a riot on their hands and would have to give refunds galore to people who bought the $80 bundle despite only needing FOST shards or whatever.

But given the lackluster feedback on the boards about BB-8's existence, and the general thrilledness about First Order in general, I wonder if this legendary event isn't one step too far for CG. Too many big events and modes, too closely packed, that require too many toons, are going to burn people out sooner or later.

I am interested to see how people react when we find out we'll need BB-8 at 7-star plus Poe, Finn, Rey, and R2 in order to clear Rey's Hero's Journey and unlock Padawan Rey, who will be more OP than CLS.

That won't be the combo for Jedi Rey. It will be the Veteran Smugglers, BB8, Finn, and Rey [Scavenger]. Very similar to Luke's journey. The toons involved in that were specifically toons Luke interacted with at a specific story point. All five of these toons were together in Maz Catina. They could do starkiller base and include bb8. Or do both ;)
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    Yeah I would have expected they'd have made more with $20 individual toon bundles. But I assume they've run the numbers of how many people need how many shards, and how many people buy $20 vs $80 bundles, and they think this is the right bet. Given that the $80 bundle runs through the end of the event, and given that lots of people have probably bought it, there's no way they'd release individual character bundles now. They'd have a riot on their hands and would have to give refunds galore to people who bought the $80 bundle despite only needing FOST shards or whatever.

More like Old Han, Old Chewy, BB8, Poe, and Finn would be my guess...
  • I would love individual packs and would definitely spend on them. Ironically, I hard farmed FOTP and FOST to 7* months and months ago, and now my most pressing concern is FOO, who I gave up on when I stopped needing him for the Pit raid. I have zKylo,... so I didn't really think to take advantage of double drops for double currency. I thought it would last until the event started, but alas... now I'm left wondering if I'll miss out on max BB-8 because of something dumb like this..
  • First I thought I won't make FOO 7* due i don't expected to have so soon an event with them. But now iam at 45/100 and will make him definitely 7* till end of the event. Most are only gear 8 and gonna see if i can getchim 7*. When they would have brought a pack only for Foo i would have bought it though.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    banevader wrote: »
    skywhopper wrote: »

They could do starkiller base and include bb8. Or do both ;)

Probably both, didnt need all the toons for every mission/phase of Lukes Journey, so likely if it does come around, will end with Finn + Rey vs Kylo Ren.

Also with the packs situation, 100% would buy a £20 FOST. But a £75 pack just for FOST?

giphy.gif