Phase 5 TB Still asking for Phoenix in Platoons?

Prev1345
Zaraos
771 posts Member
edited September 2017
I thought this was meant to have been fixed? anyone else seeing them in platoons?

DEV EDIT: 18:39 Pacific
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1285436/#Comment_1285436
CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
Greetings Holotable heroes,

RyDiggs filling in for Kozispoon here,

Thank you all for the feedback and reports of replicated unit requirements for missions and platoons!
First, clarifications:
  • Phase: We denote Phase as a single time period (currently 24 hours) of Territory Battles. However, that could be confusing to some players. Going forward, I’ll reference ‘vertical strip’ when referring to the map and ‘Phase’ when referring to the time.
  • Territory: Refers to one area within a vertical strip.

Your guild may have found the same required units in missions showing across some individual vertical strips of the map.
While we did limit the unit requirements within individual territories, our intention, per the Territory Battle Cadence and Reward Changes post, is to limit required unit across entire individual vertical strips of territories.

This will be improved next Territory Battle. Unfortunately, we cannot update the Territory Battle in progress.

Please know that: Next Territory Battle, we will have the correctly intended improvement implemented:
  • • You will not have the same unit requirements of Phoenix Squad, Rogue One Squad, and the Hoth Hero Units: Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, for missions and platoons across individual vertical strips.
  • • Example: If a vertical strip of territories has a special mission requiring Phoenix Squad Units in one territory, then that same vertical strip of territories will NOT have any other missions (platoon mission, combat mission, etc.) requiring the Phoenix Squad.

These unit limits respect individual vertical strips, not staggered strips. If your guild staggers strips by advancing one territory and failing to advance another, you MAY see the same required units in that Phase

Example:
  • Phase 3, your Guild is working on vertical strip 3.
  • Your guild advances middle territory to vertical strip 4, but not bottom territory which remains vertical strip 3.
  • Your guild MAY have required units in both middle territory Strip 4 AND bottom territory strip 3.

This improvement will be completely in line with the player expectations.

We apologize that the improvement was not implemented in the current Territory Battles and thank you for your continued feedback and support as we continue to improve on Territory Battles!

Cheers~!

RyDiggs

P.S. I'll be leaving for the night, but will try to answer questions tomorrow 9/26

DEV EDIT: 11:30 AM PST

Heyas,

Your current Kozispoon, RyDiggs here.

Getting clarification for this.

Stay tuned!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1284870/#Comment_1284870

RT
Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on

Replies

• UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Yes, phoenix required in South P4 :(

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs
  • Us too. Come on, man, how is this still a thing that happens?
  • yup. 5 phoenix characters appear on platoon 4 in the bottom territory for us. They don't appear anywhere else though
  • Yep. We got quite a few Phoenix needed today
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • 5 needed here
  • Same here! On September 20th they said this wouldn't happen again!
    Lol nice pic eventine- accurate too
  • Same. 5 needed in bottom territory
  • Same, they have a full Phoenix team requirement in my south platoon. They have to code it specifically to do that, it's not just a coincidence that it's happened to everyone. It'll likely do it for rogue one characters tomorrow as well
  • Yep same here. This goes against their updated language for the newest fix.

"Platoon Missions should also no longer require specific units that are required in a Combat Mission or Special Mission inside the same phase of the Territory Battle."
  • Does everyone notice that it is both in the bottom territory and in Platoon 4 for most people if not all, this is obviously a bug and you shouldn't harass the devs for it
  • We have phoenix too.
  • Does everyone notice that it is both in the bottom territory and in Platoon 4 for most people if not all, this is obviously a bug and you shouldn't harass the devs for it

This is litteraly their job. I think if you messed up at work like this your customers would 'harass' you as well..
  • tialishomaaroma
    61 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    so this still doesnt work. i already gave good feedback, looks like i have to change it again.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    VzHhXcD.png
    Yup still broke
  • Yep same here. This goes against their updated language for the newest fix.

"Platoon Missions should also no longer require specific units that are required in a Combat Mission or Special Mission inside the same phase of the Territory Battle."

*should*

Exactly. They always leave themselves an out. Imagine that. So honest and straightforward. Yeah right!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Flamethrow wrote: »
    Does everyone notice that it is both in the bottom territory and in Platoon 4 for most people if not all, this is obviously a bug and you shouldn't harass the devs for it

This is litteraly their job. I think if you messed up at work like this your customers would 'harass' you as well..

Agreed. It was officially announced it was fixed. It does not come across very professional when it's stated something is fixed, only to find out it is not.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Got it in our one as well, at least we're not alone I guess.
  • Still broken for us as well
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Just had to throw my entire pheonix squad into platoons THANKS guys -.-
  • At this point it’s ridiculous that this is still a problem
  • HanPikey
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Come on CG. WTK? Get your act together. This bug was specifically said to have been addressed.
    FAIL.
  • So many lightside u can choose other than Phoenix and it just had to put them there, and freaking new Ewok, when will they fix platoon, is it gonna be another **** teebo?
    Does everyone notice that it is both in the bottom territory and in Platoon 4 for most people if not all, this is obviously a bug and you shouldn't harass the devs for it

How were they to know that this bug would happen? How are they supposed to fix something they don't know is broken? That is what we do for them, we report bugs and they do their best to fix them as fast as they can. We should not be a bunch of kids to them when something is so blatantly a glitch, being in the exact same territory the same platoon and even all on the bottom row.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

That's the same row that's always been there for everybody. It must have been programmed like that - how else could that happen? And, why does it being a bug mean we shouldn't criticize them? Especially a "bug" that they specifically said was fixed?
  • DarthR244D wrote: »
    Flamethrow wrote: »

If not customers, I am pretty sure your boss would.

It is these little things that add up to when something like 20k in crystals is randomly dropped that makes people explode on here. Because is it a constant string of issues. One after another that they game shouldn't have this far in its beta stage. Since we are the beta for it or it appears.

TBF, those weren’t randomly dropped. They rewarded those who spent money over a few day period for TB Han.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Liath wrote: »

That's the same row that's always been there for everybody. It must have been programmed like that - how else could that happen? And, why does it being a bug mean we shouldn't criticize them? Especially a "bug" that they specifically said was fixed?
    I didn't think that wast the same spot as it has been, my bad. Criticism is warranted

How were they to know that this bug would happen? How are they supposed to fix something they don't know is broken? That is what we do for them, we report bugs and they do their best to fix them as fast as they can. We should not be a bunch of kids to them when something is so blatantly a glitch, being in the exact same territory the same platoon and even all on the bottom row.

I am not even sure I can reply to this? They said it is fixed so they obviously were supposed to test it. Next time you get your car fixed and the mechanic calls you to pick up your car, please let me know what you tell him when it doesnt start in front of him.

So a fix contained a bug that re-broke what the fix supposedly fixed?
  • Grandepatron
    103 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Let's give them some time to comment. Maybe it was a mistake or some misunderstanding. However I would recommend to the moderators NOT to Mega Thread this thread. So it will stand out for a comment. If that's not too much to ask. We may have been reading it incorrectly. It is a different section for most people than the Phoenix one. And IIRC that was the exact post. Same phase same section this is same phase different section.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
This discussion has been closed.