Tb strategy for maximizing star count.

ControlledChaos_3682
164 posts Member
edited September 2017
It's fair to say Tb is here to stay...
So let's talk strategy...
I would like to say the following, is not the end all beat all strategy... it's just what I've come up with... any advice/pointers will be appreciated...

Here goes:

Tb strategy

ALWAYS DO SHIPS FIRST!!!
***Keep in mind filling platoons is important, when 6/6 platoons are complete, it then gives all members special in-battle abilities***

(Fill easily attainable platoons 1st.)

Ships follow this strategy:

1st…Fill Platoons
(Darkside ships can be filled in platoons where needed)
2nd...Do Combat Missions
3rd...Deploy remaining ships

For Ground Troops follow this strategy:
1st…Fill Platoons
2nd…Combat missions in this order special missions, faction/toon specific missions, normal combat missions
3rd…Always Deploy to South Territory 1st till starred then go to North Territory
Post edited by ControlledChaos_3682 on

Replies

• Huh?
  • Some platoons affect the current phase. South on p3 for instance. Filling 2 of those should be your first priority in p3.
    South territories take less to fill.
    Should always try and go for the star there first when deploying.
  • I always wait for the platoons to be filled before doing any combat missions. I try and fill what I can out even if it uses one of my characters I usually use for a combat mission, that way I can use characters I don't often use as fillers for my squads and then once platoons are either 4/6 or 6/6 completed I start my combat missions. I then wait till told in the last 6 hours where I'm deploying to.

Also with ships you can deploy everything first and then use your ships as you see fit. #justsayin
  • Maximise Guild GP. My guild has done 41* twice and most likely 41* again I believe. We miss stars at P4 middle, P5 middle, and P6 middle and bottom. More from GP than finishing all rounds of combat missions which we all pretty much 6/6 all phases. We are in the top 40 for guild GP.
  • Moving to Guild and Player Events: Territory Battles: Rebel Hoth
  • My thoughts, but certain strategies can depend on your guild strength:
    -- Those with strong large LS rosters should look at what is needed in platoons first. If tons of Biggs/wedges (for example) are needed, they should be the ones to platoon them (especially in the first 4-5 phases). Don't let your weaker players platoon their strong toons needed to complete more waves of combat missions. Your whales can use their clones, resistance, Jedis, other rebels, etc to go 6/6.
    -- Phase 3 south Platoon needs filling before your weaker squads do any combat missions in phase 3 middle or south. Filling this Platoon will help them complete more waves of combat missions. Same in phase 5 middle and of course most of phase 6. These are the only phases in which a Platoon actually helps the current phase's missions. All others it doesn't matter if you combat before platoons are filled.
    --The southern territories are easier to two or three star. Don't waste any full deployments in the middle that could've been used to get that extra star in the south. There are ways to do this perfectly, like setting up a small team who's duty is to deploy in the south within the last hour of a phase, closing out the last star so that every member gets their combat scores in. What's left over from this team gets deployed in the middle. If you can't do this, then just deploying as late as you can in the phase is generally best, also letting everyone get their combat missions done first so you know exactly where to deploy your remaining toons.
  • Pretty much the worst strategy ever, OP.
    1. Fill platoons FIRST! Ships, then ground troops.
    2. Combat Missions
    3. Special Missions
    4. When all missions complete: Deploy South, then North

General strategy of course. Waiting for everybody to complete missions can be a major drag. Truthfully, not everybody need wait for missions to complete, there will need to be deployments in the South territory regardless. But you don't want to waste GP deploying to a territory where the third * will be filled by outstanding missions.

The general strategy does not strictly apply to each phase, but if you follow the same sequence in every phase then confusion is reduced. Some platoons apply their special effects to the current phase; you really don't want to handicap yourself by doing the platoons after the missions.

In P6, completing ship platoons reduces the strength of the Orbital Bombardment on your ground troops. So always do ships first.
  • Thanks for the input guys!!! Im going to revise the OP... And see if its a better strategy?