Phase 5 TB Still asking for Phoenix in Platoons?

Replies

• Fix failed. Every guild in our alliance has a requirement for Phoenix.
  • Nikka488
    277 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Our guild too. Very disappointed in this. The ewoks (logray and Paploo) without having had their turn in Shard Shop is lame but requiring phx in platoons for a phase that has a phx combat mission is very sloppy and bad QA testing.
  • I think it was obvious it wasn't suppose to happen in the same territory where they're a requirement, they never said they weren't going to be required in the same phase, it's all about strategy guys, stop complaining. Choose the weakest phoenix members you have in the team to fill those platoons and that's it
  • Does everyone notice that it is both in the bottom territory and in Platoon 4 for most people if not all, this is obviously a bug and you shouldn't harass the devs for it

Disagree, this is exactly the sort of thing that they should be harassed about made aware of. Quality control: it (sometimes) makes a difference.
  • Arimanius wrote: »
    I think it was obvious it wasn't suppose to happen in the same territory where they're a requirement, they never said they weren't going to be required in the same phase, it's all about strategy guys, stop complaining. Choose the weakest phoenix members you have in the team to fill those platoons and that's it

Pretty dumb it requires hera for us. Who needs leader abilities that are absolutely critical to the entire team?
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Sending these up, seeing the reports and thread growing right now!

Please keep the comments work safe and non offensive, let the team get a chance to look over this so you can get an answer.

Let’s try to keep the rage until after the answer this time, and then no actions on posts have to happen. Totally understand people need to vent out , just asking to help us help you keep them up!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Arimanius wrote: »
    I think it was obvious it wasn't suppose to happen in the same territory where they're a requirement, they never said they weren't going to be required in the same phase, it's all about strategy guys, stop complaining. Choose the weakest phoenix members you have in the team to fill those platoons and that's it

That doesn't make any sense. You can't use the character in a different territory so it is irrelevant whether the requirement is in the same one or not.

It's also completely false. The statement was "Platoon Missions should also no longer require specific units that are required in a Combat Mission or Special Mission inside the same phase of the Territory Battle."
  • @CG_Kozispoon Can we get some answers here from the devs? This wasn't supposed to happen right?
  • Also experiencing this.
    PublicEnemy , RomanianWinners
  • Arimanius wrote: »

Literally, they did say it. It's a bug we're asking to be fixed.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Sending these up, seeing the reports and thread growing right now!

Please keep the comments work safe and non offensive, let the team get a chance to look over this so you can get an answer.

Let’s try to keep the rage until after the answer this time, and then no actions on posts have to happen. Totally understand people need to vent out , just asking to help us help you keep them up!

Thanks for passing this thread onto the devs.

Also, platoon 4C (bottom territory) requires 5 phoenix for my guild as well.
  • It's there for me too. I accidentally put my Phoenix in platoons instead of checking the mission requirements. Still got a 1/6 from having a toon left and the orbital strike but that's it.
  • Yes happened again for us as well.
  • I’d also like to know about the duplicate units as a part of that fix @CG_Kozispoon the Phoenix being required is one part, but the duplicate toons was supposed to be the other part of the fix and that seems to be taking place as well.

Thank you
  • Any dev response?
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Let us al be calm and wait for the 500 crystals!
  • tj5270 wrote: »
    I’d also like to know about the duplicate units as a part of that fix @CG_Kozispoon the Phoenix being required is one part, but the duplicate toons was supposed to be the other part of the fix and that seems to be taking place as well.

Thank you
    @tj5270
    Toon duplication is working well now. They always said we'd see multiples. We've seen as many as 3 of the same toon in 1 platoon squad and according to RyDiggs, that's WAI.
    It's when you see the same exact platoon squad in Mid and South that is a bug and we're not seeing that this TB.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Silky wrote: »
    Any dev response?

Working to get clarification from the team, that does not mean that people will like that answer or be exactly what people think it should be.

Just posted a few mintues ago that sent up for review.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Let's give them some time to comment. Maybe it was a mistake or some misunderstanding. However I would recommend to the moderators NOT to Mega Thread this thread. So it will stand out for a comment. If that's not too much to ask. We may have been reading it incorrectly. It is a different section for most people than the Phoenix one. And IIRC that was the exact post. Same phase same section this is same phase different section.

Only way to read it incorrectly is that when they said it “should not happen”. We all took that to mean “hey we fixed it” rather than “maybe, maybe not”
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Did they say anything about Rogue One required in phase 6 platoons? If they aren't, which they shouldn't be, can you guys fix that before tomorrow?
  • I think the loophole here - phx not needed in 5C. Maybe R1 as platoons in 6C ?
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Silky wrote: »
    Any dev response?

Working to get clarification from the team, that does not mean that people will like that answer or be exactly what people think it should be.

Just posted a few mintues ago that sent up for review.

Translation: CG will say "oops," and everyone is going to have to have a few members sacrifice a wave in their Phoenix mission yet again. Perhaps we can actually have it fixed by August?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I think the loophole here - phx not needed in 5C. Maybe R1 as platoons in 6C ?

It's not a loophole because they said phase, not territory/section/whatever. 5 is a phase. 5C is not a phase. Read the post.
  • Outer pass and forward trenches. Both requires about 20 Phoenix each. How do you post screen shots
  • I think the loophole here - phx not needed in 5C. Maybe R1 as platoons in 6C ?

Why are they looking for loopholes. It makes us choose between platoons or combat missions. It sounded like that was going to be changed. But if they just remove them from that territory's platoon, and kept them in the other, it hasn't change anything. Why bother doing it at all if they are still making us choose between platoons and combat missions? This had to be a mistake, or else they should have said, "WAI, too bad, make a tough decision." I would be fine with that, honestly, but it wasn't the message they sent.
  • Same in our guild.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Same.
  • Liath wrote: »
    I think the loophole here - phx not needed in 5C. Maybe R1 as platoons in 6C ?

It's not a loophole because they said phase, not territory/section/whatever. 5 is a phase. 5C is not a phase. Read the post.

Hey, how ya doing today?
    Excuse the vocab I'm on 20 mins sleep for the day. I do read everything devs post. Many people feel the same way here. Maybe we all misread maybe it wasn't clear enough, maybe both. And now we wait :)
This discussion has been closed.