Phase 5 TB Still asking for Phoenix in Platoons?

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    I think the loophole here - phx not needed in 5C. Maybe R1 as platoons in 6C ?

It's not a loophole because they said phase, not territory/section/whatever. 5 is a phase. 5C is not a phase. Read the post.

Hey, how ya doing today?
    Excuse the vocab I'm on 20 mins sleep for the day. I do read everything devs post. Many people feel the same way here. Maybe we all misread maybe it wasn't clear enough, maybe both. And now we wait :)

Yeah, see, it was actually crystal clear. If they didn't mean what they said then they need to apologize for it, not accuse us of misreading. I read fine.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    I think the loophole here - phx not needed in 5C. Maybe R1 as platoons in 6C ?

It's not a loophole because they said phase, not territory/section/whatever. 5 is a phase. 5C is not a phase. Read the post.

Hey, how ya doing today?
    Excuse the vocab I'm on 20 mins sleep for the day. I do read everything devs post. Many people feel the same way here. Maybe we all misread maybe it wasn't clear enough, maybe both. And now we wait :)

Yeah, see, it was actually crystal clear. If they didn't mean what they said then they need to apologize for it, not accuse us of misreading. I read fine.

This. It is an extremely clear message. It is not possible to misconstrue that message, or for it to be "not clear enough." They have either lied, or they didn't test the fix. There are no other options here.
  • Heyas,

Your current Kozispoon, RyDiggs here.

Getting clarification for this.

Stay tuned!

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Relax everyone. In situations like this, I always presume Hanlon's Razor is in effect. ;)

(And if people accuse me of "defending CG" with that statement...I can't help you.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • We can only fill 2 platoons in the bottom territory and one of them requires Phoenix so guess we're not doing that one today and it will affect our phase tomorrow now
  • Platoon Mission Changes
    We have made an immediate change to Platoon Missions that address too much duplication of the same units. This should ensure a more random roll in every Platoon.
    Platoon Missions should also no longer require specific units that are required in a Combat Mission or Special Mission inside the same phase of the Territory Battle. For example, when the Phoenix Squad is required for the new Special Mission in Phase 1, Phoenix Squad should no longer be required in the Platoon Mission in that Phase. This is specific to the requirements of Phoenix Squad, Rogue One Squad, and the Hoth Hero Units: Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa

Clearly Phoenix is a mix up. It's too late to change it. Some of my guild already filled those platoons.

What I hope is that tomorrow they don't have R1 in platoons. Those missions are hard, and we need all the platoon support possible.
  • Happened to us as well, here's the pic, it's in spanish but on top it clearly says that 6* toons are required.
    ueYtm8b.jpg
  • Happened in our guild too. Full Phoenix squad needed in one platoon. One brave soldier was chosen for the glorious sacrifice to the gods. God bless his soul
  • Guardians and Faes
    Got them in platoons too
  • "Platoon Missions should also no longer require specific units that are required in a Combat Mission or Special Mission inside the same phase of the Territory Battle. For example, when the Phoenix Squad is required for the new Special Mission in Phase 1, Phoenix Squad should no longer be required in the Platoon Mission in that Phase. This is specific to the requirements of Phoenix Squad, Rogue One Squad, and the Hoth Hero Units: Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa"

That is quote from the dev post regarding this issue. Potentially we have definitions confusion between all of us. The example given was Phase one which also only has one section. We need to make sure we are using the same definition of the word Phase and Section.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Im hoping the information EA provides to us proves to be more correct in the future. It’s hard enough having a guild of 50 people attempt to do Territory battles all week long with a huge lack of in game tools to try and figure out who hasn’t done what yet. The playerbase is becoming exhausted via beta testing Territory Battles for weeks
  • This is garbage, and purely done to ensure that a guild will fail. No different than requiring 7-8 Baze an bunch of Chirrut, Leia, Akbar, and Jyn in platoons, while we see Jedi Knight Guardian, Plo Koon, and CUP in one spot only.

They are cutting off our right hands and essentially telling us to gear up Bodhi.

Phrasing it however they did is no excuse, on the day we are required to run the Phoenix squadron the Phoenix Squadron should not show up in any platoon in any phase, territory, 3rd world country etc etc etc.

Requiring those toons basically tells us that yes one or more of your guild members will fail.

Have a nice day.

• "Platoon Missions should also no longer require specific units that are required in a Combat Mission or Special Mission inside the same phase of the Territory Battle. For example, when the Phoenix Squad is required for the new Special Mission in Phase 1, Phoenix Squad should no longer be required in the Platoon Mission in that Phase. This is specific to the requirements of Phoenix Squad, Rogue One Squad, and the Hoth Hero Units: Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa"

That is quote from the dev post regarding this issue. Potentially we have definitions confusion between all of us. The example given was Phase one which also only has one section. We need to make sure we are using the same definition of the word Phase and Section.

The example is irrelevant. From your own quote:
    Platoon Missions should also no longer require specific units that are required in a Combat Mission or Special Mission inside the same phase of the Territory Battle.

It says very specifically they won't be required within the same phase. It doesn't say territory.

Again, two options here: they lied, or they didn't test. Based on experience, probably the latter.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    "Platoon Missions should also no longer require specific units that are required in a Combat Mission or Special Mission inside the same phase of the Territory Battle. For example, when the Phoenix Squad is required for the new Special Mission in Phase 1, Phoenix Squad should no longer be required in the Platoon Mission in that Phase. This is specific to the requirements of Phoenix Squad, Rogue One Squad, and the Hoth Hero Units: Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa"

Platoon Missions should also no longer require specific units that are required in a Combat Mission or Special Mission inside the same phase of the Territory Battle.

It says very specifically they won't be required within the same phase. It doesn't say territory.

Again, two options here: they lied, or they didn't test. Based on experience, probably the latter.

They said they "should" not. So not a lie.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Same here with ours
  • Vdog1977 wrote: »
    This is garbage, and purely done to ensure that a guild will fail. No different than requiring 7-8 Baze an bunch of Chirrut, Leia, Akbar, and Jyn in platoons, while we see Jedi Knight Guardian, Plo Koon, and CUP in one spot only.

They are cutting off our right hands and essentially telling us to gear up Bodhi.

Phrasing it however they did is no excuse, on the day we are required to run the Phoenix squadron the Phoenix Squadron should not show up in any platoon in any phase, territory, 3rd world country etc etc etc.

Requiring those toons basically tells us that yes one or more of your guild members will fail.

Have a nice day.

That's one way of looking at it.

However, the devs were pretty clear that TB, being so end game, is going to stretch the entire guild's inventory. We aren't supposed to get 45 stars on day one. What's the point of that? Your point about Baze and Chirrut, etc. could equally be applied to characters like Pao, Logray, Lobot, and others who no one invested in, or the Falcon and Kylo's shuttle, which haven't been made available.

Eight Bare in platoons? Ok. You can still beat the missions without Chaze. If you can't, you've got something to work on.

Dev error aside (yes I realize they should have removed Phoenix from platoons), I personally think that even having Phoenix in phase 5 platoons is fine. If five people have to sacrifice a Hera, and another five have to sacrifice Ezra, ok, deal. Strategize. That's the most fun thing about TB, imo, working with your guild.
  • Didn't they also say that unfarmable ships and toons would not show up in platoons too?

Or did I imagine that?

Seeing Paploo, Logray, Falcon, Reaper and Kylo's Shuttle
  • RogueOne wrote: »
    Didn't they also say that unfarmable ships and toons would not show up in platoons too?

Or did I imagine that?

You did imagine
  • I think saying things like "they lied", "they're doing this intentionally to screw the customers", etc is a bit disingenuous.

It could simply be a mistake. Seeing as how it's showed up for everyone (when it's supposed to be random) seems to indicate that something didn't go right when setting it up.

It's not the end of the world. They F'd up. Big deal. Take five of your guys with the weakest phoenix squads, have them donate a person each - they'll do a little worse, but who cares?

Maybe they'll give us something to compensate for it - maybe they won't. But this is a minor thing in the grand scheme of things - it's not like it literally breaks the game for a day.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    RogueOne wrote: »
    Didn't they also say that unfarmable ships and toons would not show up in platoons too?

Or did I imagine that?

You definitely imagined that. In fact what they said was too bad, go recruit people to your guild who have them.
  • Pleas fix this.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Oh no, there's a bug in some free content!!! Everybody, get out your pitchforks!!! Storm the castle!!!

Everyone just chill. Even if it's one Phoenix squad - IT'S ONE PHOENIX SQUAD!!! Not having that squad available in the Phoenix mission isn't very likely to result in missing a star (sure, it's possible).

Entire islands in the Caribbean are decimated by unprecedented weather conditions and everyone is up in arms about five toons out of rosters of 5000 for most guilds. Perspective, folks.

Or did I imagine that?

I could have sworn I read something that said these toons would not show up, as well. Also, Millennium Falcon in Squadrons?? Really!? Ugh, I really HATE tb.
    BlasterBabe aka Purple Dana aka The Countess aka DD
  • Oh no, there's a bug in some free content!!! Everybody, get out your pitchforks!!! Storm the castle!!!

Everyone just chill. Even if it's one Phoenix squad - IT'S ONE PHOENIX SQUAD!!! Not having that squad available in the Phoenix mission isn't very likely to result in missing a star (sure, it's possible).

Entire islands in the Caribbean are decimated by unprecedented weather conditions and everyone is up in arms about five toons out of rosters of 5000 for most guilds. Perspective, folks.

It could, since there is only one Phoenix toon with a leader ability.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    "Platoon Missions should also no longer require specific units that are required in a Combat Mission or Special Mission inside the same phase of the Territory Battle. For example, when the Phoenix Squad is required for the new Special Mission in Phase 1, Phoenix Squad should no longer be required in the Platoon Mission in that Phase. This is specific to the requirements of Phoenix Squad, Rogue One Squad, and the Hoth Hero Units: Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa"

Doesn't phase include everything that happens in tb for that specific 24 hour period? That was my understanding.
    BlasterBabe aka Purple Dana aka The Countess aka DD

Or did I imagine that?

Their response said basically to remove the weak from your guild and get a bigger spender.
  • Confused why my post was removed as it was only a picture confirming that Phoenix was required....hmm. anyways, I hope they fix it for later. My guild is on the cusp of 43 stars so missing a single battle could hurt us and affects rewards. Not the end of the world but our leaders put in a lot of time and it's a tad disappointing if something like this screws us up.
  • Hope they will fix it or everybody will see that they are just joking...
    Always trying and trying...
  • Yes still happens here. Are we play the same game? This said already fixed in last update :frowning:
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Bad bug, I deployed my Hera to a platoon thinking that she wouldn't show up in a platoon if required elsewhere, only to realize this was the phase with the 6* Phoenix combat mission and not the next phase. Now I'm hamstrung, please re-fix this to work as stated - no toons required for combat or special missions will be part of platoons in same phase.
This discussion has been closed.