Phase 5 TB Still asking for Phoenix in Platoons?

Replies

• happen to us as well - I agree that they said "should" however the intent seemed pretty clear...
    watching with interest
  • Sapient2k7
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    The other part of the fix where same toon would not need to be needed excessive number of times , explicitly stated to be fixed, is also not working. We have 12+ Baze required in platoon.
  • Yeah and it’s funny how light side toons Jedi Consular, Clone Wars Chewie etc will never be required for a platoon, because they know EVERYONE has those toons. Just saying.
  • I know having phoenix in these platoons is not supposed to happen in this phase but only 5 are required. There are 6 phoenix characters. Are there not 5 surplus phoenix characters available to donate in an entire guild? Now Hera is a different story because of her leader ability, but no one in the guild can sacrifice there Hera to fill a platoon? I hope this gets fixed and it probably will but its not a huge deal in my opinion.
  • O8c8h80 wrote: »
    I know having phoenix in these platoons is not supposed to happen in this phase but only 5 are required. There are 6 phoenix characters. Are there not 5 surplus phoenix characters available to donate in an entire guild? Now Hera is a different story because of her leader ability, but no one in the guild can sacrifice there Hera to fill a platoon? I hope this gets fixed and it probably will but its not a huge deal in my opinion.

I'd say it's a symptom of a larger issue. As a guy posted above, you don't see clone wars chewie or clone trooper etc, they intentionally code for characters that you have to grind for. You see multiple nodes that require baze, and there's only one node to obtain him from unless you pay.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    O8c8h80 wrote: »
    I know having phoenix in these platoons is not supposed to happen in this phase but only 5 are required. There are 6 phoenix characters. Are there not 5 surplus phoenix characters available to donate in an entire guild? Now Hera is a different story because of her leader ability, but no one in the guild can sacrifice there Hera to fill a platoon? I hope this gets fixed and it probably will but its not a huge deal in my opinion.

Sure they can. But they probably won't be able to do the mission.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    O8c8h80 wrote: »

I think if they didn't ask for Hera, and presumably jyn tomorrow, it would be less of an issue. Though the core Phoenix is probably: Hera, zeb, kanan and Ezra. With Sabine and chopper as the flex. I prefer chopper for his kit (teamwide sustainability, droid stun, cleanse, tm reduction and a survival taunt if in danger). It is hard to get rid of zeb or Ezra, but it's still doable.

Last week a guy in our guild donated Hera. He was able to go 6/6 but he has g12 Phoenix and used his arena mods. This isn't realistic to most players.

Until Phoenix and rogue one heroes get a 2nd leader, jyn and Hera shouldn't be platooned in 5/6, respectively. The rest of those squads being excluded would be better, but subject to debate.
  • We also had Phoenix in our bottom platoon 4, with Hera
    GejmVb5.jpg
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • The thing that irritates me about platoons and the deployment mechanics is that it is just a rigged, lazy attempt providing something that "uses your whole collection".

It seems to be pretty clear they were rigging and loading the RNG for platoons. To the point where the same platoon and row all contain phoenix.

Today we needed 7 Chirruts... and 3 yodas and one Plo. I have been looking and I don't think I have seen more than 1 plo needed...

Meanwhile they load up the Lobots put up more arbitrary gates and blocks...

It just reeks of a rigged mode.

If they would have done something like... the more your guild uses a toon the more/greater the chance it will be in platoons... cool... put it out there, be straight up about it.
  • What's killing me is that platoon 4 south, EVERYONE that I've seen a screen shot of is Phoenix.

RNG my left toe....
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • would also be extremely useful if guild leads were given the ability to move toons between platoons....
  • @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs i guess later on phases were not considered and tested before the fix was deployed. It was only implemented for a particular phase. e.g In phase 5 central territory, phoenix is required for combat missions. Hence, they are not present in the Platoon missions for the central territory. Moving on to the south territory, phoenix squad is not required in the combat mission in the South territory, hence phoenix squad is appearing in Platoon Missions. A much better fix would have been to completely remove the specific squad required from a particular phase. This will enable that toons belonging to a specific faction will not appear in the platoon missions.

Secondly, why are duplicate toons still appearing in Platoon missions? Should they not be distinct and unique. Some toons are already hard to farm and gear and they are a core component for many teams. It's difficult to complete platoons if there are duplicate toons appearing in Platoon missions. There should only be distinct toons.

Thirdly, unfarmable ships like Millenium Falcon, Tie Reaper and Kylo's Command Shuttle are still coming for ship deployments. Ideally they should be removed entirely from the platoon missions till they become farmable.
  • Stev0_ANZGC
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    DarthR244D wrote: »
    Flamethrow wrote: »
    Does everyone notice that it is both in the bottom territory and in Platoon 4 for most people if not all, this is obviously a bug and you shouldn't harass the devs for it

This is litteraly their job. I think if you messed up at work like this your customers would 'harass' you as well..

If not customers, I am pretty sure your boss would.

It is these little things that add up to when something like 20k in crystals is randomly dropped that makes people explode on here. Because is it a constant string of issues. One after another that they game shouldn't have this far in its beta stage. Since we are the beta for it or it appears.

TBF, those weren’t randomly dropped. They rewarded those who spent money over a few day period for TB Han.

what about those of us that spent to get HRSol and HRSc to 7* during the same period?
  • jedirj15 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs i guess later on phases were not considered and tested before the fix was deployed. It was only implemented for a particular phase. e.g In phase 5 central territory, phoenix is required for combat missions. Hence, they are not present in the Platoon missions for the central territory. Moving on to the south territory, phoenix squad is not required in the combat mission in the South territory, hence phoenix squad is appearing in Platoon Missions. A much better fix would have been to completely remove the specific squad required from a particular phase. This will enable that toons belonging to a specific faction will not appear in the platoon missions.

Secondly, why are duplicate toons still appearing in Platoon missions? Should they not be distinct and unique. Some toons are already hard to farm and gear and they are a core component for many teams. It's difficult to complete platoons if there are duplicate toons appearing in Platoon missions. There should only be distinct toons.

Thirdly, unfarmable ships like Millenium Falcon, Tie Reaper and Kylo's Command Shuttle are still coming for ship deployments. Ideally they should be removed entirely from the platoon missions till they become farmable.

This. Assuming anyone @CG respects their customer and player base.
  • It's pretty clear this like a lot of other areas are not randomized. We needed a boat load of Phoenix, biggs and 8 baze.

You rarely see the junk toons. Not never but for every JKG we will see 4x R2, 8x Wedge, 5x Baze and so forth. It's clearly one avenue they see as making TB harder without "making it harder" and causing an uproar.
  • +1 seeing the same. Not good CG!
  • Artimus wrote: »
    Maybe we’ll get 20,000 crystals as a make up for those of us impacted by this.

Only if you had nine starred every member of PS. Three days after they came out.

Only if the devs changed the requirements for the Phoenix events after the event started and you spent money to get them starred, geared, leveled, and modded. Oh wait, that did happen, and nobody got anything.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It's pretty clear this like a lot of other areas are not randomized. We needed a boat load of Phoenix, biggs and 8 baze.

You rarely see the junk toons. Not never but for every JKG we will see 4x R2, 8x Wedge, 5x Baze and so forth. It's clearly one avenue they see as making TB harder without "making it harder" and causing an uproar.

We see plenty of junk toons like Lobot and Pao. The issue here is the same as in other areas of the game - random doesn't mean even distribution. So it can be random, and yet you still see more of certain characters, because those characters are weighted more heavily. My non-scientific estimate is that rebels are ~70% of platoons.
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited September 2017
    Greetings Holotable heroes,

RyDiggs filling in for Kozispoon here,

Thank you all for the feedback and reports of replicated unit requirements for missions and platoons!
    First, clarifications:
    • Phase: We denote Phase as a single time period (currently 24 hours) of Territory Battles. However, that could be confusing to some players. Going forward, I’ll reference ‘vertical strip’ when referring to the map and ‘Phase’ when referring to the time.
    • Territory: Refers to one area within a vertical strip.

Your guild may have found the same required units in missions showing across some individual vertical strips of the map.
    While we did limit the unit requirements within individual territories, our intention, per the Territory Battle Cadence and Reward Changes post, is to limit required unit across entire individual vertical strips of territories.

This will be improved next Territory Battle. Unfortunately, we cannot update the Territory Battle in progress.

Please know that: Next Territory Battle, we will have the correctly intended improvement implemented:
    • • You will not have the same unit requirements of Phoenix Squad, Rogue One Squad, and the Hoth Hero Units: Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, for missions and platoons across individual vertical strips.
    • • Example: If a vertical strip of territories has a special mission requiring Phoenix Squad Units in one territory, then that same vertical strip of territories will NOT have any other missions (platoon mission, combat mission, etc.) requiring the Phoenix Squad.

These unit limits respect individual vertical strips, not staggered strips. If your guild staggers strips by advancing one territory and failing to advance another, you MAY see the same required units in that Phase

Example:
    • Phase 3, your Guild is working on vertical strip 3.
    • Your guild advances middle territory to vertical strip 4, but not bottom territory which remains vertical strip 3.
    • Your guild MAY have required units in both middle territory Strip 4 AND bottom territory strip 3.

This improvement will be completely in line with the player expectations.

We apologize that the improvement was not implemented in the current Territory Battles and thank you for your continued feedback and support as we continue to improve on Territory Battles!

Cheers~!

RyDiggs

P.S. I'll be leaving for the night, but will try to answer questions tomorrow 9/26
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Thank you @CG_RyDiggs
  • @CG_RyDiggs Could you also please address the unbalance of certain characters within a vertical strip? With 70+ light side characters and 12 platoons to fill, it seems unnecessary to require 10+ baze and chirrut
  • StarSon
    7424 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Liath wrote: »
    Thank you @CG_RyDiggs

Aye, much obliged. Very detailed answer.
    Post edited by StarSon on
  • much appreciated reply - thanks @CG_RyDiggs
  • Very nice work. Glad to see things getting straightened out. I can only imagine a massive piece of content like TB can be a headache to tweak once it's in the wild. I love the TB changes, and that you're taking constructive feedback in to account.
  • Yesac wrote: »
    Vdog1977 wrote: »
    This is garbage, and purely done to ensure that a guild will fail. No different than requiring 7-8 Baze an bunch of Chirrut, Leia, Akbar, and Jyn in platoons, while we see Jedi Knight Guardian, Plo Koon, and CUP in one spot only.

They are cutting off our right hands and essentially telling us to gear up Bodhi.

Phrasing it however they did is no excuse, on the day we are required to run the Phoenix squadron the Phoenix Squadron should not show up in any platoon in any phase, territory, 3rd world country etc etc etc.

Requiring those toons basically tells us that yes one or more of your guild members will fail.

Have a nice day.

That's one way of looking at it.

However, the devs were pretty clear that TB, being so end game, is going to stretch the entire guild's inventory. We aren't supposed to get 45 stars on day one. What's the point of that? Your point about Baze and Chirrut, etc. could equally be applied to characters like Pao, Logray, Lobot, and others who no one invested in, or the Falcon and Kylo's shuttle, which haven't been made available.

Eight Bare in platoons? Ok. You can still beat the missions without Chaze. If you can't, you've got something to work on.

Dev error aside (yes I realize they should have removed Phoenix from platoons), I personally think that even having Phoenix in phase 5 platoons is fine. If five people have to sacrifice a Hera, and another five have to sacrifice Ezra, ok, deal. Strategize. That's the most fun thing about TB, imo, working with your guild.

Working with 50 people to try to figure out who has enough rebels to kill snow troopers is fun?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Wow, CG_RyDiggs, thank you so much for such a detailed, and clear response. This covers things well.

I am really impressed with CG's effort to communicate and listen to the community in regards to territory battles and have been making improvements based on the feedback. It really does show.
  • Thank you @CG_RyDiggs. Any chance that the Platoon selection will get a bit more randomized as well? 9x Baze + 7x Wiggs compared to 1x Rey + 1x CUP
  • Honestly would be no big deal if it wasn't Hera
  • Lets just hope, were not asked for Rogue 1 in the next phase for platoons as well....
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Greetings Holotable heroes,

RyDiggs filling in for Kozispoon here,

Thank you all for the feedback and reports of replicated unit requirements for missions and platoons!
    First, clarifications:
    • Phase: We denote Phase as a single time period (currently 24 hours) of Territory Battles. However, that could be confusing to some players. Going forward, I’ll reference ‘vertical strip’ when referring to the map and ‘Phase’ when referring to the time.
    • Territory: Refers to one area within a vertical strip.

Your guild may have found the same required units in missions showing across some individual vertical strips of the map.
    While we did limit the unit requirements within individual territories, our intention, per the Territory Battle Cadence and Reward Changes post, is to limit required unit across entire individual vertical strips of territories.

This will be improved next Territory Battle. Unfortunately, we cannot update the Territory Battle in progress.

Please know that: Next Territory Battle, we will have the correctly intended improvement implemented:
    • • You will not have the same unit requirements of Phoenix Squad, Rogue One Squad, and the Hoth Hero Units: Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Rebel Scout, Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, for missions and platoons across individual vertical strips.
    • • Example: If a vertical strip of territories has a special mission requiring Phoenix Squad Units in one territory, then that same vertical strip of territories will NOT have any other missions (platoon mission, combat mission, etc.) requiring the Phoenix Squad.

These unit limits respect individual vertical strips, not staggered strips. If your guild staggers strips by advancing one territory and failing to advance another, you MAY see the same required units in that Phase

Example:
    • Phase 3, your Guild is working on vertical strip 3.
    • Your guild advances middle territory to vertical strip 4, but not bottom territory which remains vertical strip 3.
    • Your guild MAY have required units in both middle territory Strip 4 AND bottom territory strip 3.

This improvement will be completely in line with the player expectations.

We apologize that the improvement was not implemented in the current Territory Battles and thank you for your continued feedback and support as we continue to improve on Territory Battles!

Cheers~!

RyDiggs

P.S. I'll be leaving for the night, but will try to answer questions tomorrow 9/26

Our guild advanced all the territories in each phase. In phase 5 we had phoenix battle requirement and platoon requirement in two different territories but same vertical strip. We can provide more details and screenshots if it helps

Thanks for looking into this
This discussion has been closed.