New TB Rewards

Replies

• C3hyp77 wrote: »
    @ Strubz

your buddy is lying to you , impossible to have 30 stars with 40M gp ... sorry for you
    Winstar wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    My buddy is in a guild that got 30 stars. They have 42 million GP.

tenor.gif

Apologies as I used his swgoh.gg profile and didn't see that his guild was missing 20 profiles. Regardless of what the actual GP is of his guild, it is far less than mine. Even if they had 70 million GP, there is still a 50 million gap between his guild and ours. That's a big number for rewards that as you saw when I broke them down, are not far apart.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    41 stars here. We also got Mk4 Carbanti. :(

....and someone ate all the cookies. :'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Seems some bugged

Gear reward is technically better overall, and probably sufficient if not bigger.

TB still is lame. Can we get a sim on missions yet? I like to pretend the mode isn't there.
  • Hey all,

I'm not able to get an answer to this specifically as of yet. I anticipate I will tomorrow. Please stay tuned and thank you all!

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm not able to get an answer to this specifically as of yet. I anticipate I will tomorrow. Please stay tuned and thank you all!

RT

No worries. Thanks for checking.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • The rewards are just scaled for the decreased number of TB but added lower tier gear and a few more tokens from the added special missions.

All 3 pieces were junk for us so it was exactly the same gear rewards as before while friend's guild got the real carbanti's (mk3), cuffs and guns for their 3. Variation is to be expected but stinks that it only runs 3 times a month now so now we have a sour taste in our mouth for the next 10 days.
  • Our guild landed 41*. Is 5900 guild event tokens correct? My guildies said it was because of the payouts from the combat missions, but that doesn't seem right. Does anyone have pics of the current payout list? Thanks.
    Hey all,

RT

Thanks. In my guild we put lot of effort to get the 41 stars we couldn't last time. We did, but getting 55 carbanti IV really gave a sour taste, getting people to reconsider if all the effort was worth it. TB should encourage people to keep improving, not to give up or regret the effort put on it.

Also, talking with shardmates and other guild divisions, so far every guild that got 41 stars didn't get a full piece. You must understand is quite frustrating to put so much effort to get 41 stars and get worst rewards that guilds who also put the effort, and got 35 stars.

https://ibb.co/mm27ok
    https://ibb.co/nrrByk
  • Our guild landed 41*. Is 5900 guild event tokens correct? My guildies said it was because of the payouts from the combat missions, but that doesn't seem right. Does anyone have pics of the current payout list? Thanks.

Tokens for 41* is 6,800 which doesn't include those from special missions.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    EDIT: The GP of my friends guild is much higher due to incomplete swgoh.gg info. They are missing 20 profiles so say his guild has around 70 million for same of argument. The same issue still persists. 50 million difference of GP between 2 guilds and 12 additional stars has extremely little advantage in rewards in the grand scheme of things.
    I edited this post to change the GP of my buddy's guild to a rough estimate of 70 instead of the 42 million that swgoh.gg shows.

Edited post:

My buddy is in a guild that got 30 stars. They have probably 70 million GP. My guild got 42 stars. We have nearly 120 million GP.

We get 2,300 more token than they do. That equates to 5 yoda shards and 10 pieces of G12 salvage. Fine. Not terrible, not exactly stunning though.

If you look at the salvage gear, a guild getting 42 stars is getting 126 salvage whereas a guild with 30 stars gets 107 salvage. 19 salvage difference. They got 17 G12 salvage. I got 24 G12 salvage. 7 extra G12 salvage which translates to 560 tokens.

The other extra 12 salvage we got over them is G11 or **** challenge gear. At most, it might be exactly 792 tokens extra.

So unless I'm terrible at math (which is very possible, I cheated my way out of AP Calculus), that means the 50 million GP advantage I had over my friend's guild awarded my guild with a MAXIMUM salvage "value" of 1,352 tokens. So for putting in an insane amount of coordination and people upping their GP, a guild with 120 million GP that achieves 42 stars is worth at most 1,352 tokens of salvage gear more than a guild with only 70 million GP. Know what you can buy with 1,352 tokens? You can get 5 whole Yoda shards and have 2 tokens of spare change.

Monetarily speaking, that 50 extra million GP netted us 200 more crystals than the 30 star guild. That translates to LESS THAN $1.99 USD.

So a guild whose members easily spent thousands of more dollars as a whole to try and ace this content are awarded extra salvage that translates to roughly 5 Yoda shards and about 2 bucks cash. Fair? Not even close. This needs to be looked at by people that understand how math works cause I'm not the best but breaking it down, this doesn't seem even remotely fair or worth our time. We lost 2 people today who looked at rewards and the ridiculous demand of TB and decided this game was no longer worth it. This is supposed to be end game content. End game content is supposed to reward the insanely dedicated players, not get them to quit unless that is the end game.

I like your calculation. Still I cant understand the rewards system in special mission too. It looks like spending few houndred bucks for 5 shards of yoda after three months. Phase 6. Very small reward.
    Hey all,

RT
    I know some people are complaining about not getting cuffs etc. but hopefully you address the guilds that got burned at 43*, that was 4 guilds total that finished 2nd thru 5th overall, made up of your top spenders. The disappointment felt real today. Those people at least got the rewards they were supposed too, but your biggest spenders didn’t. I would hope that with it only being 4 guilds something can be done, lots of us spent $300-$1k+ just over the past couple weeks and this has hit us really hard.

Thanks
  • DieInFire wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Hey all,

RT

Thanks. In my guild we put lot of effort to get the 41 stars we couldn't last time. We did, but getting 55 carbanti IV really gave a sour taste, getting people to reconsider if all the effort was worth it. TB should encourage people to keep improving, not to give up or regret the effort put on it.

Also, talking with shardmates and other guild divisions, so far every guild that got 41 stars didn't get a full piece. You must understand is quite frustrating to put so much effort to get 41 stars and get worst rewards that guilds who also put the effort, and got 35 stars.

https://ibb.co/mm27ok
    https://ibb.co/nrrByk

It’s not worth the extra effort to get higher stars if the rewards are gonna stay the same. 2 guilds have gotten 44* in TB which took an insane amount of roster power ($$$) to achieve. The little bit of extra crystals definitely isn’t worth it to players in those guilds and the currency isnt much better.
    An easy fix would be to add yoda shards to the prize like raids. At least then the extra effort would be worth it if you are guaranteed a top prize over less * guilds. Yeah you can buy the shards but then you are missing out on gear, it is overall just a very bad reward system that doesn’t make players strive for higher ranks/stars.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Strubz wrote: »
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    @ Strubz

your buddy is lying to you , impossible to have 30 stars with 40M gp ... sorry for you
    Winstar wrote: »
    Strubz wrote: »
    My buddy is in a guild that got 30 stars. They have 42 million GP.

tenor.gif

Apologies as I used his swgoh.gg profile and didn't see that his guild was missing 20 profiles. Regardless of what the actual GP is of his guild, it is far less than mine. Even if they had 70 million GP, there is still a 50 million gap between his guild and ours. That's a big number for rewards that as you saw when I broke them down, are not far apart.

You are missing out a massive factor on the rewards system, there is a mission for 7 tokens, another one for 8, 10, 20 and 30 for each person completed, that if 50 people complete it, means 75 tokens per person, meaning 3750 total coins and the exclusive shards for ROLO, earlier that lead to another battle, the smaller the guild, the less bigger rewards it will get, so that's another.... what, 2000, maybe? 2500 more than a guild that does 32 stars...that is about another 3 shop buys for gold gear as well.
    @Strubz
  • Mystcjon wrote: »
    So i just confirmed another 41 star box at 125 salvage and a 42 star box at 126 salvage. so yes, that additional 5-10 million character GP necessary to net you another star is worth exactly 1 piece of salvage. ONE.

These games, and this one especially, doesn't reward the elite much over the decent. Keeps everyone in the same range of quality. There has always been a notable diminishing returns on spend / achievement.
    Hey all,

RT

Rewards need to be reworked again, any other answer is not going to be good enough. Like so many have said, this is more than just the 43* guilds getting hosed which I'm sure was some kind of glitch. And I do hope you take care of them as they are the 1%, the big spenders that drive this game.

The huge problem is sucking all the steam out of TB because there is now no meaningful benefit to guilds like mine to work at getting 10 million more GP to hit 43*. Why would I want to spend more money to achieve quite literally a single extra piece of salvage and couple hundred tokens? You are going to lose spenders. The rewards for end game content are not even close to what we need.

• Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    my 21 star was better gear than 41 star :'(
    So i just confirmed another 41 star box at 125 salvage and a 42 star box at 126 salvage. so yes, that additional 5-10 million character GP necessary to net you another star is worth exactly 1 piece of salvage. ONE.

These games, and this one especially, doesn't reward the elite much over the decent. Keeps everyone in the same range of quality. There has always been a notable diminishing returns on spend / achievement.

Totally agree but they removed both the individual motivations through blanket rewards and the guild's motivations by very limited return on additional effort.

I move on from efforts to max my R1 and Phoenix squads as there is zero gains from doing so, either personally or for the guild.
  • Poor rewards. Carbamti 4s useless. I dont know what other peices ate
  • nfsseb1978 wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Hey all,

RT
    I know some people are complaining about not getting cuffs etc. but hopefully you address the guilds that got burned at 43*, that was 4 guilds total that finished 2nd thru 5th overall, made up of your top spenders. The disappointment felt real today. Those people at least got the rewards they were supposed too, but your biggest spenders didn’t. I would hope that with it only being 4 guilds something can be done, lots of us spent $300-$1k+ just over the past couple weeks and this has hit us really hard.

Thanks

^this. Hope to hear some news ASAP
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi,
    I know that thread is for rewards at higher levels, but I think I saw that rewards for 11* and 12* are exactly the same. Would you please have a look and if it is bug to fix it.

Thank you.

EDIT: I mean they are listed exactly the same in Rewards tab
    Post edited by pargame on
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    edit; nvm.
  • Thanks @CG_RyDiggs for highlighting the discrepancy in rewards to the devs.
    TB has required a lot of efforts from the officers to recruit the right profiles, from players to improve rosters, farm and gear toons that we wouldn't have necessarily touched and also organize coordination for deploy on a Sunday.
    the last thing my guys want to see is some rewards that don't match the effort they put in, specially after obtaining 41 stars and witnessing a 35 stars guild netting a full piece. Higher ranking guilds should have their efforts reflected other than by pure bragging rights.
    Looking forward to this being fixed.
    order 66 41st division lead. European reset
  • JZheroes
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    29*
    x5p09k.png
  • JZheroes wrote: »
    29*
    x5p09k.png

41*. I'd been happier with the gear in the picture above than what we got. Still would be lacking though.
  • NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    This was 29* in our guild alliance.
    https://imgur.com/swZw6Bt
    Far better rewards than I got for 41*, which is really disappointing and made my hard working guildies a bit frustrated.
  • They say that if you had an infinite amount of monkeys locked in a room given enough time they could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare.

This loot table, 14 monkeys, 3 months tops
    They say that if you had an infinite amount of monkeys locked in a room given enough time they could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare.

Who is they? Last time I checked, monkeys, with very few exceptions, cannot write; let alone (re)create classical works that defined an entire age of writing and inspired many more.
  • SolariJedi wrote: »
    Mystcjon wrote: »
    They say that if you had an infinite amount of monkeys locked in a room given enough time they could recreate the collected works of William Shakespeare.

Who is they? Last time I checked, monkeys, with very few exceptions, cannot write; let alone (re)create classical works that defined an entire age of writing and inspired many more.

He missed an important part, the infinite monkeys have infinite typewriters.
  • JZheroes wrote: »
    29*
    x5p09k.png

41*. I'd been happier with the gear in the picture above than what we got.
    Yep. This. Stronger, well organized guild with many members that have paid significant amounts of money to support the game = significantly lower rewards. Makes sense. (sarcasm noted?)

• TofuMao wrote: »
    You are missing out a massive factor on the rewards system, there is a mission for 7 tokens, another one for 8, 10, 20 and 30 for each person completed, that if 50 people complete it, means 75 tokens per person, meaning 3750 total coins and the exclusive shards for ROLO, earlier that lead to another battle, the smaller the guild, the less bigger rewards it will get, so that's another.... what, 2000, maybe? 2500 more than a guild that does 32 stars...that is about another 3 shop buys for gold gear as well.
    @Strubz

I left this out of my calculation because there are too many assumptions when dealing with the special missions. Yes, higher GP guilds will be able to do more special missions eventually to yield more GP but try to factor in the time that also takes to achieve 3/3 on special missions and gearing up the toons necessary to complete them. You are saying that all the time and effort is worth an addition 2,500 tokens.

2,500 extra tokens from special missions for a guild with 50 million+ more GP. How much money and just as importantly how much time does it take to get that extra 50 million GP? Thousands of dollars? Months to years of time? The roster difference between a guild achieving 32 stars vs one achieving 42 stars is insane and hard to monetize but I think most of us can agree that the difference should be worth more than 2,500 tokens which equates to as you noted 3 buys of G12 salvage OR 5 Yoda shards and one buy of G12 gear.

There may not be a mass exodus from the game (to borrow a poker term, so many of us are "pot-committed") but it seems a shame that no one from EA/CG took into account the massive difference between guilds and the work involved for TB to factor them into rewards.

I get they are trying, they have already revamped rewards but it is still not close. They need to stop being so stingy on rewards. I mean seriously, even the crystal rewards are laughable. 350 crystals at 42 stars. That barely covers the refreshes needed to achieve your daily 600 guild token contribution. Its virtual currency. Stop being stingy. Reward players and guilds who put in the time and money. Make us feel like it was worth it.