Kylo Ren, while stunned, takes next to zero damage

I'm sure this is a bug, but I just watched my co-worker run a Resistance squad (with BB-8), mass exposes on zRen. NO hits landed critical and his life bar BARELY moved, even when triple or quadruple exposed.

He just stood there like the greatest tank in the game. Stunned, sure, but when he's on a zMaul team and all other toons are stealth you HAVE to attack Ren. So the battle easily takes several minutes longer than it should.

I could be late to this party but apprently it has been this way since they reworked the "expose" ability.

Anyone else notice this?
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• WAI
  • Whenever Kylo takes damage he gains 50% Defense and 15% Offense for 1 turn, and has a 50% chance to reset his cooldowns. Kylo takes reduced damage from Percent Health damage effects and gains 10 Speed for each debuff on him. Whenever Kylo uses a Special ability he gains Damage Over Time for 2 turns.

WAI
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yep. With resistance you hit him a billion times while he never gets a turn so that ability never resets, just keeps increasing his defense to sky high levels.
  • Yes, noticed that in gw... incredible, very less damage taken
  • Liath wrote: »
    Yep. With resistance you hit him a billion times while he never gets a turn so that ability never resets, just keeps increasing his defense to sky high levels.

Ah, makes sense. I never put a Zeta on him and never watched him take 100 hits and still stand. Lol!

Pretty crazy to see.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

Ah, makes sense. I never put a Zeta on him and never watched him take 100 hits and still stand. Lol!

Pretty crazy to see.

It's not even his zeta. It's his omega'ed unique. His zeta just lets him recover protection with an attack.

You're not screwed, as resistance, though. If he's stunned, just let his turn expire. The stun will go away, but so will his offense gains. Stun him again and start over.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Pretty crazy to see.

It's not even his zeta. It's his omega'ed unique. His zeta just lets him recover protection with an attack.

You're not screwed, as resistance, though. If he's stunned, just let his turn expire. The stun will go away, but so will his offense gains. Stun him again and start over.

Yeah, that would work.

But I watched it when Ren was on a zMaul squad so the Resistance HAD to attack him. Resistance team still won but took forever.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yep, Zaul + Kylo is one of the more irritating teams to face with resistance in GW, and if you don't happen to land exposes on Kylo it can turn bad quickly. I wind up using R2's aoe to hit the exposes on the others when I need to, but sometimes you need a B2 or something to get rid of the stealth.
  • Dude Zaul + Kylo vs R1 team with R2 instead of Baze. Such a slow match I'll land about 1000 exposes on Kylo by the end since everyone else is stealthed, and only do like 4 dmg from them. Not hard to win just vslow.
  • I'm sure it's not working as intended, Imo it should cap instead of increasingly gaining defense indefinitely. It's happened to me before, i was hitting him for like 2-300 damage at a time.
  • NightwingTR
    169 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    deleted
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Pretty crazy to see.

It is his unique, not his omega'ed unique. The omega only gives DoT when he uses a special attack