Beating the curve

So, ive been playing this game for probably 2 years now? And ive always been a F2P player (all be in the odd dabble) and managed to stay top 20 within my server. The key to doing this has been predicting the next meta before it becomes the meta. Ive recently dropped out of the top 50 so whilst im not in the running right now I've decided to start prepping for the next 'meta'.

The big thing is im not really sure where thats going to be so I thought id see what other peoples thoights are.

I personally am not sure if its going to be Jedi (with hermit yoda being a long term unlock and likely seeing another lukes journey section for jedi luke as well as a jedi rey which i can imagine will come out with the next film), resistance with bb8 coming out and new char likely in the next film we could see a very strong resistance or even a First Order team that will hopefully balance the dark<light imba atm. That being said dark side seems dead if we're considering TB efficiency into the mix as well.

Anyone think any different, which toons should we start fawning now to try and beat the curve?

Replies

• I have feeling it is going to be either Jedi (Rey, Luke, H.Yoda), Resistance (cause new movie and love for LS rebelistance), First Order (cause new movie but most likely not cause, you know), Sith (cause Snoke could be sith lord), some new Tag like "Knights of Ren" or something like that. But anything that is related to new movie I guess, too.
  • Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.

Lmfao great answer! It should be safe to say light sided toons are gonna be the way to go especially with the new film coming out. But its jedi or resistance really which is gonna take the meta
  • Also some speculation here and there regarding a droid or separatist rework.
  • Resistance have had 2 packs on the last 10 days for absolutely no reason, there is your hint ;-D
    Your Wellcome
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    TofuMao wrote: »
    Resistance have had 2 packs on the last 10 days for absolutely no reason, there is your hint ;-D
    Your Wellcome

The reason is BB-8.
  • Gonna be resistance or FO. Jedi with next iteration of Luke after that
  • resistance, FO, Jedi, Separatist, Galactic republic, in that order. that's my guess.... of course there's overlap between say jedi and GRepublic, so it's not too bad.

@Simbaxi i'm in the exact same boat as you... there were a few months when i was behind the meta (wiggs) and could basically only hope for barely under 20 by payout, but then that's balanced out by recent months when i've managed to get to top 5 daily... so i guess it'll be hard if my guesses are wrong for the next few months, ha.

tho after playing for so long, i feel like i'm reasonably prepared as i've got at least every toon unlocked except ROLO and Hermit Yoda, so.... well if some random new faction gets a massive bump i don't have to start from scratch. Gearing on the other hand is a totally different story, sigh
  • So the reading the above replies - the next meta, could be Jedi. Or maybe Sith. Or maybe droids. Or maybe Resistance. Might be Separatist. Or Maybe FO.

So.....
  • Or probably just a jumble of OP toons. CLS for example is better in a Jedi squad than pretty much any Jedi toon will be even with leader synergy.
  • So the reading the above replies - the next meta, could be Jedi. Or maybe Sith. Or maybe droids. Or maybe Resistance. Might be Separatist. Or Maybe FO.

So.....

Yeah, granted anything could be the next meta, but you can make educated guesses if you keep your ear to the ground. With the game being so heavily pay to win if you dont have the luxury to do that you need to be clever and try and predict which direction the game may go. At the moment its safe to say that the next movie is going to be a deciding factor in that which faction or toons become the new toys to play with so why not think, okay resistance looka like its gonna be a strong faction and is likely to have a new toon boost that when the new movie comes out so lets invest gear and money into those toons and when the time comes stand a chance against the whales
  • Simbaxi wrote: »
    Yeah, granted anything could be the next meta, but you can make educated guesses if you keep your ear to the ground.

Definitely agree.

As this thread proves? Maybe.
  • Strange point in the game. FO, Resistance and Jedi all in a good position to get buffed. Personally I think it'll be Jedi.
  • It will be Phoenix. Why?
    1. Because new rebels season is coming up.
    2. They are rebels.
    3. They were supposed to be meta when released but it didn't really work out so they will fix that this time around.
  • Tothebar wrote: »
    It will be Phoenix. Why?
    1. Because new rebels season is coming up.
    2. They are rebels.
    3. They were supposed to be meta when released but it didn't really work out so they will fix that this time around.

Do you not think that's gonna hack a lot of people off though? Surely most of the peoole who play this game have grown with the original star wars series or at the very least ep 1 - 3. Catering the game to make char from a childrens cartoon stronger than some of the best known heroes ans villains of all time isn't clever
  • I agree with you, but. Rebels. I mean Kanaan is a wannabe Jedi and Ezra is a scared little kid. They are a very weak crew by SW canon.

Seriously though I don't think they care about ticking off the players. Look at what a joke Vader and the Sith are. Phoenix has some potential in game, they were just too weak and I seriously think they will get a rework soon.

And rebels.