Old Ben taunt working inspite of buff immunity

7VXollg.jpg
So, I've seen Old Ben taunt inspite of being fractured and the fracture having no effect on an already active taunt but have had success with Luke's Use The Force. Today that failed to remove the taunt but Thrawn's fracture removed the taunt.

How does the taunt work actually? Bug or WAI?

Replies

• With his Zeta ability he gains taunt for another turn after the initial one expired.
  • Essentially, the order is thus: CLS dispels OB's taunt, then OB's taunt is immediately reapplied per his ability, then CLS inflicts buff immunity and tenacity down. Because of the way OB's taunt functions, it is reapplied in the very narrow window between the dispel and debuff portions of CLS' attack.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly is correct, and the same behavior would occur against any unit that dispels and applies Buff Immunity. Old Ben is working as intended.
  • Pyrefly is correct, and the same behavior would occur against any unit that dispels and applies Buff Immunity. Old Ben is working as intended.

Ok, thanks. One more clarification please, Old Ben can taunt after he's fractured? Is that WAI?

Ok, thanks. One more clarification please, Old Ben can taunt after he's fractured? Is that WAI?

When you fracture old Ben while he is taunting, if zeta, it works the same, fracture dispels the taunt, which triggers the reapply, then fracture is applied.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @GhostTruckin , I'm not that dense, thank you lol! The reason I hadn't fractured Old Ben earlier in that screen/ match was I've had him taunt after he was fractured, when he was in the fractured state. Obviously in other matches. That is the clarification I'm asking for. Is it WAI that he can taunt under fracture, if he was fractured while he wasn't taunting.

Edit: Just to clarify, no offence taken and thanks for taking the time to join in.
  • Lol all good, sorry, it seemed like you were asking re the retaunt ,

I haven't seen a taunt apply after fracture on a non taunting old Ben. Can't be of any use there ;)
  • He cannot taunt if Buff Immunity or Fracture is already on him. If you want to prevent Old Ben from regaining his taunt, you would need to apply a Buff Immunity first before dispelling his taunt. Unfortunately, Thrawn will dispel before he applies Fracture, which will trigger Old Bens re-taunt before the Fracture is applied.