Lack of Packs For Legendary Event

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited September 2017
I find it odd that there are only two packs for this particular legendary event - and both are "general". This is especially odd, as virtually all of the needed characters have been available for a long time. I'd be curious, in any of the developers would like to weigh in, why there is such a sparse (and, quite honestly, poor) choice of packs for this event in particular.

In the past, many events have had packs for each character. Not a chance at 1 of 5. And even the guaranteed drop pack covers all 5 FO characters. This is entirely different from the CHS pack which was $10 for 40 shards, IIRC. Event the current Han and Chewie packs for crystals are separate.

I don't quite understand the decision to go with packs that are far less of a value than even the previous packs were (and often, they were no bargain either). It doesn't seem to make sense as they don't seem to be "aimed" at the right audience - unless you are only trying to get new people (and new whales, apparently) to buy them. Most long term players aren't going to blow $80 on a pack, when they only need 1 or 2 characters from it. And even then, most new players aren't going to spend $80 on pack that barely unlocks the characters in question.

If they are, then perhaps this is a "rant" more than a question - it just seems like and odd choice, as I am unclear exactly who exactly the current packs are appealing to. As a long time player who has financially supported the game, I have no interest in them whatsoever.

Many had thought that more character-specific packs would be available once the event started, but that is not the case.

Of course, if anyone has actually bought one of the two packs for BB8 event and would care to share why, that would also be appreciated.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• I might consider buying a FOST pack. But the packs currently available are not attractive at all.
  • Personally, I'd love to know what is most likely to drop from the 699 pack simply so I can see if it's worth it to just buy it to top off my FOST to 5* today, rather than trying to get the last 10 or so shards I need over the next 6 days. RNG has not been kind to me over the last couple days.
  • And the fact that the two people who have weighed in so far - one of whom joined the forums earlier this year, and the other in November of 2015 - both have reservations (if they're interested at all) kind of makes my point.

We'll see if there is any other feedback from anyone who has actually bought that pack that indicates a positive reason, but I will presume that, in the absence of such feedback, most players find the current pack offerings to be less than helpful - even those of us who have bought packs and spent money on previous offerings.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*