Zeta Finn or CLS?

Howdy. I'm coming up on another zeta, and I'm torn between Finn and CLS (It Binds All Things). Both seem to be great zetas on strong characters, but does Finn actually benefit more than CLS because CLS is already so strong? Currently in Arena I run CLS, Zeta Raid Han, R2, Leia, Thrawn. Finn is 5 shards from my fifth seven-star Resistance character. Any thoughts?
Go Pens!

Replies

• I'd go with zFinn. Reason being is he gives you a squad that can 6/6 any CM that Resistance can take part in. Resistance can beat any team in GW with some TM preloaded. They also score 2mil+ easily with just the one zeta for HAAT P4 or P2.

Just an all around good squad.
  • I dont have luke so i cant say for sure...but my last 3 went on finn and r2 and im very pleased!
  • Finn. I don't have either of them(well Finn is 5* g8), but still - Finn. Far better than any of CLS' zetas, if we are to compare them. CLS can wait a bit.
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    When you lose the Han battle (if Han hits any rebels apart from CLS), CLS gains 20% TM meaning he will go first regardless of how well their other chars are modded. He'll start with his buff immunity special, give everyone 10% TM and basically you can outspeed them.

It makes a massive difference in arena, but apart from arena; it's just a mediocre zeta imo.
  • For arena Luke, for raids Finn.
  • I would say it depends on if you're struggling to stay in the top 20 in the arena. If you're on a shard or have fast enough mods that top 20 in the arena is no problem for you, put off zeta'ing Luke and do Finn.

If you still need help in arena, zeta Luke.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Finn. Good in many areas of the game. Probably the most OP zeta there is.
  • id say luke, better for arena, can solo the entire p1, good on p2/p4 with rebels (or clones, idk about other compositions) and good on p3 with various teams
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Finn was my first zeta and I have never regretted it. His zeta makes Resistance a powerhouse against most game modes. I mean, I haven't tried them out in the tank raid yet but that's only because I don't have Poe's speed high enough. However, I've gone from 8/10 GW to over 50 GW in just the month, month and half that I've had the zeta and that includes node 12 teams with CLS. They also walk through battles in TB easily. So Finn is my recommendation but I also don't have CLS so I can't make an opinion on his zeta.
  • zFinn is so awesome with resistance in GWs. Works well in raids too. CLS is good in raids, arena and GWs. Guess it depends on the rest of your roster.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • ColemanTrebor
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Everything people said above about finn, definitely finn unless you already auto GW, you dont care about TB and raids and you are 500 in arena
  • cdhek
    61 posts Member
    The boost from ZFinn will be 10x greater .. Luke is already good
  • It bind all things gaved me alot suvivality in arena, except youre already top 5 in arena. So cls when you cant reach top 5, otherwise Finn. But Finn for sure after bimd all things
  • Finn is better overall, because it's a MUCH more noticable zeta, and without it your entire resistance faction is basically useless, Zetas on luke are basically a 5% bonus to his already ridiculously stupidly Overpowered kit...
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I'd go with zFinn. Reason being is he gives you a squad that can 6/6 any CM that Resistance can take part in. Resistance can beat any team in GW with some TM preloaded. They also score 2mil+ easily with just the one zeta for HAAT P4 or P2.

I have Finn Zeta XII 67,58% potency, and even with Poe XII with 234 Speed and 81,19 potency i have troubles to kill one single heroe in GW against top teams full XII, with BB8 become better, but if you dont have good mods that give all resistence team over 200 speed and 70% potency, you could regret Finn Zeta like me.

CLS with it binds all things make him another heroe, when before i dont do well HAAT P1 without, with that zeta i do over 80% of P1 with chance to solo with CLS and Han Solo zeta XII. Even rancor you can solo a lot better with him, Han Solo, Jyn, Wiggs, but without zeta its a lot harder without top mods.

I give up about my resistence team for TB, since i lost 2 waves with them XII because lack of enough good mods for them, but if you have good mods that give extra 100+ speed and 54% extra potency for all, they could be interesting, if not, lost of time.

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Caljr wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I'd go with zFinn. Reason being is he gives you a squad that can 6/6 any CM that Resistance can take part in. Resistance can beat any team in GW with some TM preloaded. They also score 2mil+ easily with just the one zeta for HAAT P4 or P2.

I have Finn Zeta XII 67,58% potency, and even with Poe XII with 234 Speed and 81,19 potency i have troubles to kill one single heroe in GW against top teams full XII, with BB8 become better, but if you dont have good mods that give all resistence team over 200 speed and 70% potency, you could regret Finn Zeta like me.

CLS with it binds all things make him another heroe, when before i dont do well HAAT P1 without, with that zeta i do over 80% of P1 with chance to solo with CLS and Han Solo zeta XII. Even rancor you can solo a lot better with him, Han Solo, Jyn, Wiggs, but without zeta its a lot harder without top mods.

I give up about my resistence team for TB, since i lost 2 waves with them XII because lack of enough good mods for them, but if you have good mods that give extra 100+ speed and 54% extra potency for all, they could be interesting, if not, lost of time.

I 100% disagree.

The only decent mods I have are on Poe, who is 236. My Poe, Trooper, and Pilot are all still sitting at g8. Only Finn and R2 are 10 or above. They can take out any all-gold team in GW if you have them preloaded from node 1 (I use [an]other team(s) for 2-11 because it's become boring to use Resistance the whole way). You can go 6/6 on TB battles. Even with this team mostly at g8, I've broken 3.5M in p2 HAAT. With full gear and better mods, they can do better. If I ever work on FO enough to get BB-8 to 7*, they could do better still.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I sure regret putting a zeta on Finn. I should have waited until the rest of my Resistance team was built up a bit more. It was a waste.
  • Thanks for all the responses! Went with Finn to get more bang for my buck, especially since I would be very surprised if there's not a need for strong Resistance squads with TLJ coming out soon.
    Go Pens!
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Finn is awesome
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Flakbait
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Saw that you went with Finn. Can't go wrong with either choice.

But my 2 cents, having just gotten my zFinn, and have had the CLS zeta for IBaT for a while. My take is that zFinn turned several unused characters into another team that I can play with and can depend on for GW, TB, & Raids. It was far and away the biggest improvement that a single zeta could give me.

However, I am still glad that I did CLS first, because I was still completing GW/TB/etc without Resistance. Competition on my PvP shard is fierce, and pretty much anyone in the top 50 could be top 5 at any given time. We're not all whales or anything, just that a lot of us are very evenly matched. IBaT made an immediate and noticeable improvement in my arena team. Easier to advance, lost fewer spots on defense. Not nearly as dramatic an improvement as zFinn, but just as valuable to me, in the situation I was in.

My suggestion would have been to base it on where you feel you need the boost NOW. If you're teetering on the edge of a boost in Arena, and are managing TB/Raids/GW without Resistance (even if it's not ideal), then I'd say CLS. If it can move you up in PvP and improve your rewards, it will pay off better over time. If you are hurting on those other things, need another team to complete stuff, etc., and/or are very comfortable with your arena ranking, go zFinn.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Finn all the way... extremely useful and probably will remain so for quite some time