The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• GGYY wrote: »
    If you're adamant about using Palpatine as lead, then I'd swap in GK. Your team has no tank nor cleanser, and he does both. Or Zariss if GK is inaccessible, at least she'll keep them alive longer.

What about Royal Guard for TS and Thrawn as lead insted( till I could get any zeta or gk or sith trooper since he's good with siths i believe)?
    If you're adamant about using Palpatine as lead, then I'd swap in GK. Your team has no tank nor cleanser, and he does both. Or Zariss if GK is inaccessible, at least she'll keep them alive longer.

What about Royal Guard for TS and Thrawn as lead insted( till I could get any zeta or gk or sith trooper since he's good with siths i believe)?

That will work.

That way you'll have cleanse ability for your Thrawn RG and Palpatine, and Thrawn's extra cleanse can take care of Nihilus and Kylo.
    That will work.

That way you'll have cleanse ability for your Thrawn RG and Palpatine, and Thrawn's extra cleanse can take care of Nihilus and Kylo.
    Ok, then I'll try that! Thanks for your time mate :smiley:
  • @urtil I took my TFP to g12 mainly for ships. I tried him in arena and he is still way too squishy. You may have better luck, but I don't think he is viable in high-end arena.
  • Mega_Man wrote: »
    @urtil I took my TFP to g12 mainly for ships. I tried him in arena and he is still way too squishy. You may have better luck, but I don't think he is viable in high-end arena.

For sure.

Wiggs and GK are popular at the moment, their group attack basically will one shot tfp.
    R2 burn cannot be evaded, and basically negates his evasion. R2 basically ended the dodge meta, characters like tfp and zaul are no longer viable.
  • Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated!

I was just wondering since some people seem to think that Palps is now viable and he has pretty much similar health/protection stats. Plus if shore gives TFP crit immunity it might be harder to one-shot him with Wiggs. But yeah, GK is tough. And DT certainly has way more protection.

@Mega_Man How did you ship improve due to getting him to level 12? Was it worth it? I also use Tie Fighter in my ship arena team.
  • Director Krennic at g12 is very viable along side a zDT and a zzGAT. I'd suggest people take a look at boxandthefuzz's YouTube channel. He uses Empire to counter both the CLS meta and the GK meta
  • Deadp00lTV wrote: »
    Director Krennic at g12 is very viable along side a zDT and a zzGAT. I'd suggest people take a look at boxandthefuzz's YouTube channel. He uses Empire to counter both the CLS meta and the GK meta

There is few players on yt who show empire team beating every Cls, rebel, Gk, zaris, Nihilus and thrawn squads. One of them use thrawn DT shore storm and tarkin. Piece of art :)
  • But he also has godmods.
  • But he also has godmods.
    You really only need Thrawn to be quick. Yes my characters are over 200speed. But DT is going to get 100% TM after almost every time Krennic takes dmg.
  • Deadp00lTV wrote: »
    But he also has godmods.
    You really only need Thrawn to be quick. Yes my characters are over 200speed. But DT is going to get 100% TM after almost every time Krennic takes dmg.
    Can You share how fast your toons are? I am building empire team right now so this information would be helpfull. Also i have small problem with tanks. Should i give them +30 speed ? I dont know if it will work better than protection. My shore and storm are g10. Would love to read your opinion.
    Hey guys I'm from a aug 17 shard and was playing just following my instincts till I realized I f+cked up by not playing with our "beloved" rebels meta. So now I want to make a full dark side team and just play for the fun on my main account!

I know this thread is more focused about empire but just wanted to know if in the 70's with no pressure to make it to the top 50 or 100 in any moment it's a EP(L), Thrawn, Nihilus, Kylo and Tusken Shaman useful for something or at least fun to play? If not who do you suggest in replacement for the TS? Thanks in advance!

Ps: I'm F2P and this is my roster.

He just started, I’m sure he doesn’t have GK yet.
  • Is that true on defense as well? Or it does not matter since offensively any team can win?
  • Is that true on defense as well? Or it does not matter since offensively any team can win?

A trooper team / zzThrawn will hold worse on D generally than a comparably built CLS squad. Han avoiding Shore's taunt and stunning Thrawn to prevent the first move makes it easy pickings. Then use CLS to debuff / remove TM from shore as he's taunting and now your whole team is wide open to getting ran off the battlefield quite quick.

Veers can also be used on offense - you do not need DK - in fact I found Veers to be better than DK in a trooper heavy zzThrawn squad.

A trooper team / zzThrawn will hold worse on D generally than a comparably built CLS squad. Han avoiding Shore's taunt and stunning Thrawn to prevent the first move makes it easy pickings. Then use CLS to debuff / remove TM from shore as he's taunting and now your whole team is wide open to getting ran off the battlefield quite quick.

Veers can also be used on offense - you do not need DK - in fact I found Veers to be better than DK in a trooper heavy zzThrawn squad.

Guess that's where a fast stormtrooper comes in, to pick up the taunt and damage control.
    Is that true on defense as well? Or it does not matter since offensively any team can win?

Guess that's where a fast stormtrooper comes in, to pick up the taunt and damage control.

Storm is there to add more defense on ShT and to make the link when he's not taunting. He's a good tank, does TMR when he taunts, is fast enough, exposes. I switch sometimes to GK but I like a full Empire squad. I think Storm will be great at gr 12 since he gains a lot of protection (mine is 38k and will be 51k at gr 12).
  • hS_
    55 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Mega_Man wrote: »
    @urtil I took my TFP to g12 mainly for ships. I tried him in arena and he is still way too squishy. You may have better luck, but I don't think he is viable in high-end arena.

Not G12 but I tried him under Tarkin and with total ~290 speed he was awesome blasting ppl down with his ~16k+ Basic damage and insane amount of TM. But took just one mistake to him not have fore buff when CLS just recovered his health back on one!!! move and blasted TFP to hell. Cause you know, taunt has no help and CLS is broken. And then there is the Kenobi too :s So yes no go for arena. Shame.
    Is that true on defense as well? Or it does not matter since offensively any team can win?

With comparable mods, Storm doesn't help on D. He can on O as the enemy AI won't focus fire well so you MAY have time to recover till he gets to his taunt up, but he's slower than all the other hard-hitting rebels. 125 natural speed on Storm.... ATF goes 148, Leia 164, Han 136, CLS 152, Chirrut 153. Enemy zeta Han Solo attacking can kill Thrawn all by himself in round 1 practically. And even if not, assuming CLS has TM / buff stripped Shore on first move, you then have all those character options above that will move before DT / DK / and Storm. Once Thrawn is down on that team it falls apart fast.
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha

Are you currently running Empire in arena?

With all the GK/Zarriss teams, Veers is definitely a downgrade over Krennic in my opinion.

On offense, unless I am up against significantly better mods, I can still win fights even when I lose Thrawn early on.

Storm and Shore can keep Krooper alive long enough to turn the tide against a dicey Rebel squad.
  • hS_

thanks for the reply. Yes, I was hoping with some crit hit immunity from Shore he might survive a bit longer at gear 12 with the additional 8k health and 4.5k prot. boost. Plus the opportunity for foresight.

But it seems he is just too old school for the new generation of ever more powerful toons. A shame. :(
  • after awitching to rebels i quickly found out that i hate that crap going back empire immediatly once thrawn drops again so i can seven star him. got krennic and DT at 6 almost seven Storm is seven and shore is 6 keep in mind all at gs 10 or higher Thrawn needs to drop like now
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm still plowing on the Hera (73) and Sabine (83) farm. Got some acceptable mods on them now so Sabine has 200+ speed and Ezra has like 186. I plan on having Sabine as the damager, might reverse the mods if necessary.

Man I need creds. And crystals.
  • @urtil TFP's ship has a speed of 191 and health of 74k at g12. He is faster, but I'm not sure it makes a terribly huge difference on his ship.
  • So, I've zeta'd yesterday the lead of Thrawn and it really makes a difference in arena. I could beat teams with good mods more easily than before. I'm now fixed on Thrawn(L), Tarkin, Storm, ShT and DT. Storm is really a wall and I'll put him gr 12 asap.

I've started a battle on auto to see what happens, but the AI does not play DT in a good way. In a team CLS, GK, R2, Han, once GK fractured, DT is still focusing on GK, using his special when I focus on R2 using DT's basic to stun it. But it's another problem.
  • I've had a question I wanted to pop in for. Sorry if it's been mentioned in this goliath of a thread but I'm curious how tough Stormtrooper can get under a Gar Saxon lead. More for fun than competitiveness.
    Also wanted to know what you might consider the best composition under him, I was thinking Gar, Thrawn, Death, Storm/Shore and ISC.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    I've had a question I wanted to pop in for. Sorry if it's been mentioned in this goliath of a thread but I'm curious how tough Stormtrooper can get under a Gar Saxon lead. More for fun than competitiveness.
    Also wanted to know what you might consider the best composition under him, I was thinking Gar, Thrawn, Death, Storm/Shore and ISC.

Gar (L), Thrawn, zDT, DK, Shore...but don't expect high marks in Arena. R2's stealth kills counter teams.

zThrawn (L), zDT, DK, Shore, Storm will get u further.
  • Poxx wrote: »
    I've had a question I wanted to pop in for. Sorry if it's been mentioned in this goliath of a thread but I'm curious how tough Stormtrooper can get under a Gar Saxon lead. More for fun than competitiveness.

Gar (L), Thrawn, zDT, DK, Shore...but don't expect high marks in Arena. R2's stealth kills counter teams.

zThrawn (L), zDT, DK, Shore, Storm will get u further.

Oh no, it's not for arena. At the risk of invoking the Empires wrath, I've been filthy rebel scum since I started. I just want to put together a Gar led team for fun. Use it in GW and the like, maybe TB if there's a darkside one.Lacking Krennic as he's a significant farm, how would you change that first team? Just swap Krennic for someone else or should DT be replaced?
  • Since it appears to be that Grievous is getting passed over again on the wheel of reworks, I guess my next zeta is going to Thrawn
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Has anyone put CLS into an empire squad? I'm thinking of putting my gear 11 CLS into mine and trying it out tomorrow. I currently run zzThrawn(L), zVeers, storm, shore, death, all 7* gear 11, and I think I will replace zVeers with CLS and see if it's better on defense.
    Post edited by EldMapat on
  • EldMapat wrote: »
    Has anyone put CLS into an empire squad? I'm thinking of putting my gear 11 CLS into mine and trying it out tomorrow. I currently run zzThrawn(L), zVeers, storm, shore, death, all 7* gear 11, and I think I will replace zVeers with CLS and see if it's better on defense.

I didn’t try CLS but R2 in my Empire team in GW and it’s working fine. R2´s kit is also helpful for Empire, avoiding counter attacks, stunning ... use Smoke screen on ShT or Thrawn when he used fracture and it’s fun. I was running Thrawn, Storm, Sht, DT and R2.