Barris Offee

Prev1345
MackemSLAM
346 posts Member
edited December 2015
It is outrageous to sell a powerful character at a premium price and then nerf her to oblivion once you've collected the money.

Is there any prospect or refunds from Google or Apple?

I was going to buy the Force Awakens pack for £80 but I don't think I'll bother now as clearly if the characters turn out to be string they'll just be obliterated in a months time.
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• Basically when you sign up for any game you agree to a license where they have all rights and you have none. There is really no recourse here as far as I know.
    Barriss is still a useful character, and so is Asajj which came in the same package. The two of them have allowed me to win countless crystals in PvP and to advance in GW. So I don't regret buying the package, even though I still think the nerf is excessive and was done in poor taste (and stupid timing since it removed any interest I had in the new pack).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Not to mention the time and money spent training her instead of someone else. I put money into her because she was a tank healer. Now it looks like I should have chosen DV or bought more packs to try for DM. Plus some of the other nerfs. You can do whatever you want EA, but my money is not with you.
  • We pay so much money for bariss and then u Nerv them down ? Is like buying a car and a week later someone comes to steal ur tires!! Shameless
  • Yeah I'm spitting angry haha! I only bought the Barriss pack recently and she's worthless already, even demoted from my GW team today! EA better have some form of compensation lined up because the whole thing is just thoughtless. They've lost their heads
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    She's still the best leader for GW by a mile IMO. I said that even when people were talking about her being not good enough for PvP before the nerf. GW is all about endurance and her passives are a lifesaver there.
  • I feel disappointed with nerf because its no even close to what u sold us for 50$!!!! Spent too much time and resources upgrading this character. I hope we get minumum 50% money back.
    This nerf sends clear message about future chatacter packs- dont get fooled and buy any!
  • I don't trust corporations, part of why I'm F2P and seeing this doesn't surprise me. I hate seeing you guys get burned like this. All I can offer is join me on the F2P road, it's not bad at all...
  • Akaryn
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This thread is golden. It warms my heart to hear the outraged cries and whines :)
  • That's a pretty substantial nerf to a unit that was in a $50 pack. No way in hell I'm paying for the $100 pack only for you to realize that Kylo Ren is OP as hell and nerf him to hell and back. Not happy.
  • If you think that is a nerf you have never played Marvel Puzzle Quest... There was a slight lessening of her healing to bring her on par with the other healers.. It is barely a nerf.. I say kudos to keeping things on a level playing field. She is still a must have.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Waynerz666 wrote: »
    If you think that is a nerf you have never played Marvel Puzzle Quest... There was a slight lessening of her healing to bring her on par with the other healers.. It is barely a nerf.. I say kudos to keeping things on a level playing field. She is still a must have.

You are wrong, sorry it is just as simple as that. She went from healing some of my characters about 2500-3000 down to around 600. That is not "barely a nerf".
  • Waynerz666 wrote: »
    If you think that is a nerf you have never played Marvel Puzzle Quest... There was a slight lessening of her healing to bring her on par with the other healers.. It is barely a nerf.. I say kudos to keeping things on a level playing field. She is still a must have.

The other healers though - JC, Lumi, etc. have much more damage to compensate. If she's being brought back to the pack in that respect, than she should get an offsetting damage boost. She was already one dimensional - weaken that one dimension and she's bringing nothing to the table. Lumi hits very hard and has a negative status effect on her special.
  • This is ****, I will never buy another pack until they fix this.... either change her back or give my money back, I just bought her pack 3 days ago and only bought it for Barriss....
  • I'm glad i didnt buy barris..now her heals are mediocre.
  • Yes yes, everyone stop using Barriss please.. The only healer who can heal through healing block.. Will make arena so much easier now.
  • The only thing outrageous is everyone always complaining. Once about Barriss being too OP now about the well deserved nerf. Just deal with it, bunch of whiners...
  • Anyone who didn't see the nerfs coming was fooling themselves. Did you honestly expect for the "paid" characters to stay at the top of the meta forever? EA has to make money, so they will sell the best characters to those that just HAVE to be at the top of the leaderboard, and then they will nerf them to make way for new OP characters *cough* Kylo *cough*.
  • Yes you can get refund, go through Apple or the android version that handles apps, not Ea or this game. People got refund when they nerfed a pay only dragon in war dragons
  • Shizmoo wrote: »
    Yes you can get refund, go through Apple or the android version that handles apps, not Ea or this game. People got refund when they nerfed a pay only dragon in war dragons

This^^^ Im gonna try it now, thanks Shizmoo
  • Shizmoo can u please give some instructions how to do it with apple? Thx
  • I'm pretty sure there's some terms you agreed on when u bought the character.. every character needs to be balanced in a game in order to be fair for everyone.
  • My issue is I have spent real money and quite a bit of time on this game building specific toons based on the stats to combat the other toons in the game. If EA adds new toons that kill my team then I buy the new toons and get over it. But changing existing toons that people have spent real money and time building up, or even worse, not building certain toons based on original stats, I am not ok with. I've bought packs and credits and refreshed cool downs etc. If they would have done this a day or two after they introduced her (and its not just her, its all the toons they bumped or nerfed), and realized they messed up, fine. Maybe I spent a few bucks or used up some mats or gear. But a month+ later, not cool. Seriously!
  • Please buy 100usd pack again.
    I will nerf it next.

Rip EA
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Waynerz666 wrote: »
    Yes yes, everyone stop using Barriss please.. The only healer who can heal through healing block.. Will make arena so much easier now.

I guess you not seen the sidious and darth Maul buff then?
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Venator_83 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there's some terms you agreed on when u bought the character.. every character needs to be balanced in a game in order to be fair for everyone.

She's not balanced. She's been destroyed. A level 55 healer that heals for less than 1000 health is a joke.
  • Wyll
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    If you read the Terms Of Service and End User Licenses Agrement, there is a clause or two about "Game exeperience may change." and a policy on refunds.

Go ahead and read it. Take you time. When you are done, come back and let me listen to the sound of you gnashing you teeth. :)

For those that bought Barriss, consider it an expensive lesson in "Never Buy Things" in a Free To Pay game.
  • Technically Eula's are not legally binding... At least in the US. If they want to go through Apple or Google to try and get a refund, that is their choice. Barris needed a nerf...but it does look like they nerfed her too much. I didn't really mind facing her before...Old Ben was a different story lmao
  • Barris is still healing well in arena from what i saw and her heals still go through sidious healing block so stop whining.
  • Honestly, how can anyone be so surprised that a game that was officially released 3 weeks ago will adjust certain characters. I am not arguing if this nerf was necessary or not (probably not), but I think if you start refunding people for everything, you can never go back. And people (especially in gaming) will always scream as loud as they can, to get as much for free as possible. By the way, Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress who came from the same pack were improved. Anybody wants to pay a little extra, belatedly?
  • Unless things have changed regarding Apple refunding policies in the last 18 months, you most definitely have the option of being refunded the cost of the Barris pack due to the short time the character has been out, and then drastically altered from what you spent money on. I've done it once before under the same circumstances in another game.
This discussion has been closed.