Thrawn

Replies

• So you made a plan based on pure speculation by players and you're mad at the devs who made no official announcement whatsoever? If you're the type to take speculation as gospel (that was tongue in cheek), some believe he still might be popping up in Oct.

The eye roll should be going in the opposite direction.
  • I had the same plan...its not the end of the world. The way I look at it is Phoenix is still useful for TB so even if Thrawn don't roll around this month it wasn't a waste for me to put some work into them, and if its not looking like Thrawn will be back by mid month, I'll just finish up my next closest to 7 star which will probably be TFP. I still need to finish up the last tier of the Tarkin Challenge a little resources into TFP will help me there even if that wasn't high up my priority list.
  • It's not like Thrawn won't require 7* Phoenix next time he comes around. So they still need to be farmed and geared. Sometimes it's nice to get ahead on some things.
  • So you made a plan based on pure speculation by players and you're mad at the devs who made no official announcement whatsoever? If you're the type to take speculation as gospel (that was tongue in cheek), some believe he still might be popping up in Oct.

a team rises from the ashes and an old foe returns... if you call a developer saying this "speculation" you need to stop eating paint chips
  • That hint could also refer to nightsisters and grievous. Assumptions were made and they were wrong.
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    So you made a plan based on pure speculation by players and you're mad at the devs who made no official announcement whatsoever? If you're the type to take speculation as gospel (that was tongue in cheek), some believe he still might be popping up in Oct.

a team rises from the ashes and an old foe returns... if you call a developer saying this "speculation" you need to stop eating paint chips

• You are not required to chase every new toon that is released. There is no reason to get upset over not getting the newest toys every time. Honestly, grow up!

Diito - get a farming plan and just stick with it. Eventually you will be prepared.
  • I will love to see a million posts about money grabs and all of that, but what the devs are doing is revamping every faction as many have asked, instead of just adding.

From someone that is screwed because in need of around 1065 shards to get them to 7*, just hope I need them as well for another legendary event, maybe marquee, so I can have it at 3 star ;-D
  • Lebronaims wrote: »
    So you made a plan based on pure speculation by players and you're mad at the devs who made no official announcement whatsoever? If you're the type to take speculation as gospel (that was tongue in cheek), some believe he still might be popping up in Oct.

and if he didn't farm those toons and was **** that he didn't because it was all speculation, everyone would be posting he should have seen the writing on the wall.

SMH...can't win with CG

I don't take speculation as gospel truth. Actually far from it. I just used common sense to conclud that a 2nd Thrawn event would happen before a 3rd R2. It was what would make the most sense.

Also, I know I can rebound from the change up, I was ahead in phoenix farming so I only need TFP to 7 stars. It just makes it more difficult which in turn makes it frustrating.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • I agree 100% Thrawn should come out this month. I know how you feel.
  • You are not required to chase every new toon that is released. There is no reason to get upset over not getting the newest toys every time. Honestly, grow up!

My main goal for this game is to have fun. The main pull was to be able to use some of my favorite characters. And because I want to be able to do this I am somehow in need of growing up?
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Just don't farm nightsisters? I'm sticking with FO so I'm ready for BB8 round 2 and any future Episode 8 events.
  • Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood, we will get Thrawn stop being so impatient, he is coming in the next 2 weeks or so..

Link?
  • If Phoenix are getting reworked they're probably doing some extensive testing on the reworks/mechanics of each toon before release. That would make it foolish to announce the event before they know everything is in working order.

If they announced a date and found an issue with the rework everyone would roast them if they delayed it.

Not saying that's what is happening, but you would think a rework (possibly new character models too) to better reflect season 4 of rebels might take a bit of time and leave an uncertain timeframe.
  • we need to keep developers on their toes always regarding their customer base. Stop being dev fanbois! And logically, thrawn before R2 in terms of frequency and required characters.
  • Not whinging constantly = developer fanbois?

People aren't whinging they're just "keeping developers on their toes"?

Yeah......sure.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    They should tell us if Thrawn is returning. It's pure speculation at this point if he is or not in October. People who act like it is a given that Thrawn is returning in October need to just stop. It is not a given or they would have announced it already.
  • 3:1 ratio of R2 events to Thrawn events.
  • Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    You people are so naive, was bb-8 announced on the calendar? Thrawn is still coming, chill.

Way to insult; you say that like you know but you don't. Chill.

Okay then cry about it on the forums, see how much that fixes your problem. Anyone with elementary school comprehension skills knows he's coming lol
  • Yo Guys !

« a team rises from the ashes (Phoenix) and an old foe returns (Thrawn) »

It is obvious and it also makes sense that the R2 event is just after. Phoenix Squad was to help new players ... so new players will have Thrawn ... to help them unlock R2 ... logical.

In parallel they will be pumping up the NS faction on which I will pass.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Not whinging constantly = developer fanbois?

People aren't whinging they're just "keeping developers on their toes"?

Yeah......sure.

if you are not complaining about anything, you are ok.

But if you are complaining about complainers who complain about devs and the game, then yeah - dev fanbois!

Lol I think I'll agree to disagree on that. I don't think my grasp on logic stretches that thin.

• What if "a familiar foe" is not Thrawn but a new character from SW Rebels like agent Callus?
  • I don't care if they announce him. My team is ready once it pop up. But better today then tomorrow :D
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Loy wrote: »
    What if "a familiar foe" is not Thrawn but a new character from SW Rebels like agent Callus?

I don’t know who that is. It would be funny if the “familiar foe” was someone totally unfamiliar.

But how could a character return if they are new to the game?
  • WildMango
    151 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    "the phoenix is consistently characterized as a bird with brightly colored plumage, which, after a long life, dies in a fire of its own making only to rise again from the ashes"

It's like the dev saying hey guys get ready for next month, beep beep boop beep and then having a Thrawn event
  • I have been building my Phoenix Squad just to get Thrawn, to then get R2, to then get CLS. Now I feel like the plan is shot
  • For those saying that Grievous could be the returning foe, how could that be, he's never left (always been available to farm).
    Thrawn on the other hand. :)
  • yuuzhanron wrote: »
    I have been building my Phoenix Squad just to get Thrawn, to then get R2, to then get CLS. Now I feel like the plan is shot

This. I had 4 7* Empire toons (EP, Tarkin, Magma, Storm) and focused on getting Phoenix to round them out with Thrawn. I still think it'll come back this month, what with Rebels and all. But I'm farming RG anyway since he's the only Empire I can reasonably get to 7* by the end of the month.

This looks to me like either R2 is entering the rotation for legendaries, and/or CLS will be coming back soon.

• Doesn't surprise me at all. Empire has consistently been at the bottom of the barrel in terms of character shards (e.g. ShT and DK shards "80crystals per" from the shipments), reworks (e.g. top tier rebels being introduced during empire reworks), and events (e.g. back to back R2D2 events). It's beyond ridiculous in my personal opinion.