iOS 11 app restarts constantly.

Prev1
EnigmaCiper
266 posts Member
edited September 2017
Downloaded iOS 11.

Now the app restarts almost every time I switch out of it. Really annoying.

iPhone 7 Plus. But I think it is happening on all iOS devices.

I lost my last raid run yesterday when I had to step away for minute. Came back, without even switching out of app, and when I logged back into phone the app restarted. It does this almost always now.
Post edited by EnigmaCiper on

Replies

• Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I just upgraded my iPad pro and noticed this as well when I opened discord or screenshots folder. Its not always happening, but enough to be a real pain when doing battle and have to switch out the game for some reason for a sec. Never happened before the update.

Would be really great if this can be fixed.
    Post edited by Nightlores on
  • Options
    IPhone 7 Plus 64GB. App keeps restarting every time I switch to any chat system (line, discord) and get back to game. Never happened with iOS 10, now with iOS
    11 this is really a pain. Please fix it
  • Options
    Same problem on the 7 plus for me too
  • Options
    I have sometimes same bug
  • Options
    i think the game is 32 bit. and the notes for 11 said apps need to be 64 bit
  • Options
    32-bit apps do not even start on iOS 11
  • Options
    Yeah, the answer definitely isn’t whether or not it is 32 bit. I would have been quite devastated and could not imagine the compensation I’d need to keep me playing if the new iOS kept me from playing up until now and beyond.
  • Options
    Same issue here. Yes, it happens with all iOS 11 devices. EA didn’t do their homework.

@ThePhantomPen @GuyfromSyracuse @JJBagger
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Can we please have a dev reply please? This is a major issue.

Help us @CG_Kozispoon you are our only hope!
  • Options
    I already submitted a bug report. Nothing happened since, no feedback either. Would like to stress the fact 11.0.1 update didn't help to solve this outstanding issue. Though it happens less frequently the bug's still there.
  • Options
    Happening to me as well and wish I stayed on iOS 10. Missed out on a Pit Raid due to the app restarting even after I was careful to keep the app running in the forefront when locking my phone.
  • Options
    The problem is with the multitasking window switch. if you leave the game close it, don't alt tab back in
  • Options
    The problem is with the multitasking window switch. if you leave the game close it, don't alt tab back in

Not sure what you mean, but the issue is sometimes happening when simply locking/unlocking the phone.
  • Options
    Saw this even on my devices. Was doin an automatic heroic pit assault, screen was locked and when unlocked the app restarted. So app switching is not definitely the only scenario.
  • Options
    This is a pretty big problem for everyone in raids or TB. If getting a phone call is likely to kill your TB run, or your 20 minute raid fight, it will make lots of people upset.
  • Options
    This issue seems to be more likely to affect people upgrading from iOS 10 to 11. Hearing from people that have purchased a phone with iOS 11 or ran a clean restore to iOS 11 that the problem won’t happen.
  • addersonic
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I bought a new iphone 8plus, installed the app, and the same thing happens to me. Deleted and re-installed the app but the same thing still happens. This is a big problem! Devs please work on it!

I have just submitted a bug report to EA support and I suggest you all do the same so that they would understand the seriousness of this problem.
    Post edited by addersonic on
  • Options
    Happening for me also. iPhone IOS 11. Unfixed this will ruin our next raid.
  • Options
    Not encountering this problem anymore. Fixed?
  • Options
    I still had the app restart a of couple times last hour while doing tank. Really annoying.
  • Options
    I have the same problem. Is anyone investigating this issue? It really sucks.
  • Options
    Still restarts all the time. Soooooooo annoying.
  • Options
    Agree. Doesn't seem fixed, afterall.
  • Options
    Please submit a bug report to EA support, guys
  • Options
    This has been a nightmare for me too.
  • Options
    Same for me. iphone 7, just upgraded ios a few days ago. Now i cannot save any raid pre-load while i need to check something else.
  • p3traPan
    9 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Same problem for me. I lost my pit raid reward yesterday. Please fix it asap. Thank you.
    iPad Pro, 11.0.1
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Just updated iPhone over night and this is already infuriating.

Any word on a fix?
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Happens to me as well, iPhone 8+
  • Options
    Same here, constantly reloads app, can’t minimize or switch apps. iPhone 8