How Necessary Is EP?

For the upcoming R2 event, I am planning on using GMT lead, vader, snow trooper, royal guard and TFP, a lot of places where I look to see gear requirements etc all have EP as lead and I dont have a 7 star EP. (If thrawn rolls around I will have him 7 star and could put him as leader)

Replies

• Well, EP lead give additional potency and health for both Sith and Empire characters (imo needed for TFP and Snow Trooper to combat how squishy they can be) and also allows tm gain (Empire) and/or health gain (Sith) on landing a debuff. Just Vader's dots can heal him from yellow to full health if he puts it on every enemy character. Now, I didn't use GMT as a lead during the R2 event (I used EP to 7* R2) but I don't know how well the additional speed is going to help unless you have it zeta'd which then is when the exposes appear as far as I know. I don't have Tarkin zeta'd so I can't even give that advice. However, I was able to 7* R2 with relatively low gear characters and less than ideal mods.
  • Hopefully I will have thrawn for the event though, his leadership grants bonus protection and also If I have thrawn I can regen RG's protection to keep his taunt up to shield TFP and snowtrooper. Also, how should I mod my characters as well? I was thinking mostly potency and speed with CC and CD on snowtrooper.

• Also, would farming deathtrooper be better than snowtrooper? I already have snoetrooper at 5* but deathtrooper has a much better kit and his AoE dispell would really throw a spanner in the works for R2 smokescreen and deathmark would obliterate a toon of my choice but it really puts me under pressure for shards
  • DT is better than Snow in Arena, but Snow is better in assault battles and GW.
  • Well I think I changed mods around to add more speed, protection, and health more than any thing else, especially for the 7* tier since Vader's tmr doesn't work on that tier. I really just increased protection more than anything else to combat my team's low gear. https://swgoh.gg/u/lenoralupin/collection/?f=empire The first five characters on that list were my team for R2 and I haven't touched their gear since. And most of their mods are the same from August when R2's last event came around.
  • I did the R2 event with Palp, but I don't think he is necessary
  • I see you managed with G8, was it hard to get good RNG? how vital was palpatine and his shock and stuns? I'm thinking that If I could dispel all the taunts and stealth with DT and inflict daze on leia (also with DT) to stop her going crazy on my team (who will be similar gear level) then I could try and fracture their raid han or R2 to stop any stuns, and let loose with vader and his saber throw
  • I see you managed with G8, was it hard to get good RNG? how vital was palpatine and his shock and stuns? I'm thinking that If I could dispel all the taunts and stealth with DT and inflict daze on leia (also with DT) to stop her going crazy on my team (who will be similar gear level) then I could try and fracture their raid han or R2 to stop any stuns, and let loose with vader and his saber throw

I honestly did the event at least 50 times to get an RNG that allowed me to get R2. Now, I don't know how well it'll work with DT and Thrawn since I didn't use them, but if I can get it with my bargain bin team, I'm sure you can do it. The one advice I'll definitely give, is on tier 7, target R2 when you can and try and get him gone first. His stealth makes it really hard to target the one you want, but I don't know how well a dispeller will work since I didn't have that in my arsenal when I did it. Also, for Palp's shock, one thing I've noticed is that it effects Leia like she was a Jedi, so if you can get someone else shocked, it'll still hurt her more than the others (except Luke who also reacts like a Jedi). So if you can shock R2, Han, or Chewie and just spam Palp's basic when waiting for his stun cooldown, you can still damage Luke and Leia.

I honestly did the event at least 50 times to get an RNG that allowed me to get R2. Now, I don't know how well it'll work with DT and Thrawn since I didn't use them, but if I can get it with my bargain bin team, I'm sure you can do it. The one advice I'll definitely give, is on tier 7, target R2 when you can and try and get him gone first. His stealth makes it really hard to target the one you want, but I don't know how well a dispeller will work since I didn't have that in my arsenal when I did it. Also, for Palp's shock, one thing I've noticed is that it effects Leia like she was a Jedi, so if you can get someone else shocked, it'll still hurt her more than the others (except Luke who also reacts like a Jedi). So if you can shock R2, Han, or Chewie and just spam Palp's basic when waiting for his stun cooldown, you can still damage Luke and Leia.

Thanks for the advice! Deathtrooper was really only a thought that I would have to spend $$$ to get

Thanks for the advice! Deathtrooper was really only a thought that I would have to spend $$$ to get

Yeah, I honestly have no idea how he'd work since mine is still only 2*.