Updated Imperial Grand Maneuver using CLS (P3 hAAT)

Prev1
DarthScott
292 posts Member
edited August 2017
I was lucky enough to get Commander Luke to escape after clearing P1 of the HAAT (see this thread for details), so I decided to try replacing Jyn with CLS in @Mcmole and @Josh_K 's Imperial Grand Maneuver team. (See mcmole's video). Nothing groundbreaking on my part but I figured some would be interested in the results.

Once again, Luke proves what a beast he is.

o0d2aetog3sk.jpg

Note the enrage timer! This was my first run with Luke, but with the same team with Jyn I was down to the wire on the enrage timer, and it took 40 minutes longer. Plus, when I did this with Jyn I moved mods around. I didn't bother this time. So EP, Tarkin and Shore are slower than they were on the previous run. One minor caveat, 8% of p3 was done before I started this. So it is only a 92% run.

Replies

• Good work. Nice to see Luke fitting into different raid combinations
  • Why oh whyyyyy? :scream:

Why u put this here.. i'll blame u if they nerf my lovely expensive CLS :unamused:
  • With all these new OP toons coming into the game now, I would bet a new raid isn't far off. I seriously doubt the devs don't already know how good CLS is & how much easier the HAAT is now days.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Why oh whyyyyy? :scream:

Why u put this here.. i'll blame u if they nerf my lovely expensive CLS :unamused:

No way they will nerf him. They knew exactly what he was capable of before release. And when was the last time they nerfed a character anyway? The only thing i remember in the last year was changing the way some abilities work, and that is a change across the board, not specific to one character.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • With this new toons, HAAT is becomig a joke
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • HAAT will be replaced by territory battles as the end game. Can't have 2 end game!
  • Is the strategy to kill all adds and just attack the main? Or is there more to it?
  • Is the strategy to kill all adds and just attack the main? Or is there more to it?

McMole goes over the strat in the video. Basically there are a few things you have to do:
    1. Use Thrawn lead so all of the empire chars gain an extra special
    2. Clear adds and Fracture the B2
    3. Use empire specials to keep Thrawn from taking a turn and to lower tm on the boss
    4. Make sure Shoretrooper is taunting when the cannon fires, or you will die.

Luke is better than Jyn in a few ways here:
    1. He reduces TM on every hit
    2. He hits harder, therefore making this take a lot less time. Your empire chars use non damaging specials or light hitting specials a lot, and therefore don't pile on the damage too much
    3. HE feeds tm to the team, making them go faster
    4. Tenacity down. This is huge, since the TM reduction from the empire specials can be resisted

The only way Luke is worse than jyn is that he feeds TM to Thrawn. that is offset by the rest of the team also going faster though.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Why oh whyyyyy? :scream:

Thrawn was already soloing P3 so this really wouldn't make sense to nerf CLS for making it a bit quicker.

@DarthScott nice job and thanks for sharing. Thrawn + CLS are the twin towers of raid PWNage
  • Nice!

How long did that take, roughly?
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    Nice!

How long did that take, roughly?

About an hour.
  • Would it work with storm trooper instead of shoretrooper? Or are the heals that important?
  • You need the heals to survive the cannon blasts.
  • Mcmole
    157 posts Member
    DarthScott wrote: »
    You need the heals to survive the cannon blasts.

Hey man, glad to see this works, will be trying on a livestream at some point. What speed are you running Shore at? I assume 200 or so?
  • I currently do the solo team with Thrawn/Jyn/DK/ShT/GMT

What about putting in Luke for Krennic? He'll provide tenacity down and speed down when there is no Fracture, and you'll have more TM reduction than you'll ever need.

I would love to find another character for tank protection to be able to auto this again ever since they "nerfed" Thrawn's AI Maneuver which used to do P3 perfectly.

My initial idea would be to try and auto
    Thrawn (L)/CLS/GMT/ShT/Stormtrooper

One of the two protections is bound to be up when the tank hits, but I'm not sure if that's enough TM reduction to keep the B2 at bay

What about putting in Luke for Krennic? He'll provide tenacity down and speed down when there is no Fracture, and you'll have more TM reduction than you'll ever need.

I would love to find another character for tank protection to be able to auto this again ever since they "nerfed" Thrawn's AI Maneuver which used to do P3 perfectly.

One of the two protections is bound to be up when the tank hits, but I'm not sure if that's enough TM reduction to keep the B2 at bay

Chirrut works pretty well complementing Shoretrooper on auto. Just tried it out.
  • Mcmole wrote: »
    DarthScott wrote: »
    You need the heals to survive the cannon blasts.

Hey man, glad to see this works, will be trying on a livestream at some point. What speed are you running Shore at? I assume 200 or so?

193 I think, When I did it with Jyn i had it at around 205. You need less with Luke if you have "It Bind's All Things" zeta'd. Luke feeds a ton of TM to the team.

Luke reduces so much TM from GG that his TM was almost never an issue. You just need enough specials to make sure your Thrawn doesn't get to 100% TM. It took me 2 turns to clear out all the adds. Once they were gone, GG never took another turn. It is insanely boring, and time consuming, but with CLS it is easy.
  • So what mods are you putting on thrawn? Obviously we don't want speed... protection? Offense?
  • Schustring wrote: »
    So what mods are you putting on thrawn? Obviously we don't want speed... protection? Offense?

doesn't much matter. I went health I think
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    What's the best replacement for shore trooper? I think the team cannot solo without him right, but who to slide in to still do decent damage?
  • Yes is this doable with a different tank? Still probably 2-3 months away from 7* shore. Maybe storm and a healer like chirrut?
  • Ebb and Flow depends on getting the 15% TM reduction from EMPIRE toons using their specials. Regrettably, there currently are just two Imperial healers, Thrawn and Shoretrooper. If you put a non-Imperial healer, you will need to add a lot of speed to the rest of Imperials to get that 15% TM reduction.
  • Because shoretrooper is very hard to farm to 7 star, could he be replaced with someone like clone wars Chewbacca??
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi guys,

I am trying to find a variant of IGM

I do not have Jyn
    I do not want to rely on CLS , in case I fail to have him escape P1

Who could replace those ?

Core would be
    Thrawn - Tarkin - E.P - Sh.T

3rd :
    If I understand correctly, IGM does not rely on shock to enter a time loop, so :
    Can EP be replaced by Tie Pilot ?

[EDIT] ok, EP is better, because he has 2 special, working better with Thrawn

4th :
    Shore (actually could Stormtrooper replace it ? I have read elsewhere that he is a good tank in a full Empire team)
    [EDIT] This was actually answered at the beginning of the thread, nevermind, Shore it is.

5th : not sur who I should use, someone who removes TM, but who ?
    [EDIT] ok this remains in question.
    Post edited by aerendhil on
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • What are my target speeds for the gang?

The videos I watch say I need speed, but apart from the original Krennic/Jyn ones (and they were stupid high) I don't see a speed target for the CLS/Palp team.

What I know for certain:
    GAT needs none...less than none if I can find a way to do it
    Shore needs around 200 (someone said the sweet spot was 197)

Unknown:
    CLS? (Mine is currently 229)
    Tarkin?
    Palp?

Thanks!
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    What about R2 smoke screen for storm trooper? Storm will gain foresight. Will he receive dmg from cannon or not?
  • I found that Tie Pilot actually works rather well.

Thrawn - Tarkin - E.P - Sh.T - Tie pilot (290 speed though)

I choose the Red Pill.
  • @aerendhil what speeds on the rest of them?
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    No bonus on Thrawn
    around 200 for GMT & EP
    Shore only 120, which could be improved

[EDIT] I haven't solo'ed P3 yet. But I think it is doable with this team.
    I choose the Red Pill.