Chasing the next meta

I hate the current meta. You are either running CLS+R2 (usually with Han, GK, and Thrawn), or you have the abomination that is GK+Zarriss+DN. I hate it. Battles aren't strategic - you hope your Han goes first, you stun R2, and you hope RNGesus is blessing you that day so you get higher hits than the other team.

I have to assume there is a plan to get out of this meta. Crit based squads are neutered unless you have someone to reliably ability block GK and then have enough pure damage to take out Zarriss fast enough. AoE is dead because CLS squads will destroy you if you try it. Debuffs are dead because R2 allows an auto-cleanse on crit. HP is through the roof meaning more tactical squads (that don't rely on DN) are dead because they can't kill fast enough.

It's just a bad time right now, in my opinion, and there had better be a rabbit up the sleeve to get out of this.

Anyway, I'm comfortably in the 20-50 range of my Dec 15 arena, even though I have yet to increase any character to g12. I have a punchers chance against any team, and I'm not convinced focusing on g12 will do anything substantial. I might win and defend at a slightly higher rate, but I'm still going to lose on defense and win on offense most of the time.

So yeah, I've stopped growing my current team and I've turned all my resources to farming gear for the next meta, because I'm CONVINCED it's going to be First Order. Snoke, Hux, Kylo, Praetorian Guard, and Executioner Stormtrooper are, somehow, someway, going to subvert the current meta and, **** it, going to crush everybody who comes against them. And I'm going to have 600+ stun cuffs and carbantis ready for when they arrive!

Replies

• Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Nope, you can also run Empire team which is a bit more strategic.

Actually what meta hasn't been that way? The triple cleanse meta didn't involve strategy, the sith meta didn't involve strategy, the wiggs meta was basically target their biggs/wedge and have very fast sth, the EP+Vader meta was Stun them all, use Vader's aoe -> culling blade -> basic attack, there has been no meta that involves strategy whatsoever. The only time you see strategy being used is against a team you haven't played against before, because you don't yet know how you're supposed to beat it.
  • 1) There's always a way to bring in a new toon or rework a toon to completely change the meta, like bring in a toon like Mother Talzin that reflects counter attack damage back to the counter attacker (or better yet, she can apply a buff to one or more toons that does so).

2) Rex is always meta. Or always anti-meta, at least. My current team is Rex, GK, zeta'ed FOST, CLS, and Thrawn. Other toons would fit in FOST's spot, depending on your shard, like Raid Han, Ezra, well, pretty much any utility attacker or tank. Ezra, FOST, and Baze are especially nice for their dispel abilities, and FOST giving defense up to the team is very helpful in surviving the current meta.

3) I'm with you. I built up my First Order team months ago, and my Resistance team now, so that I'm ready for any new toons to come. First Order may not even be a meta faction, but maybe Snoke goes really well with FOTP or Hux pairs nicely with FOST. Who knows?
  • No mater what the next meta is, you'll still get tired of fighting the same thing. What we have now, is way better than the dodge meta of Zaul. I feel I hold best in this meta right now. Just pure OP damage.
  • My prediction for the next meta is .., rebels. There you go. Resistance will clean away some of the GK Zarris squads and we will all be back to rebels.
  • I run:

CLS
    Old Ben
    Raid Han
    Princess Leia
    R2D2

Not quite the "meta" and I've taken Rank 1 in my launch shard a few times. Never held it but still, I got there. I refuse to jump on the same team everyone uses. And as much as Chaze was annoying, these new zBarriss teams are even more so.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I hate the current meta. You are either running CLS+R2 (usually with Han, GK, and Thrawn), or you have the abomination that is GK+Zarriss+DN. I hate it. Battles aren't strategic - you hope your Han goes first, you stun R2, and you hope RNGesus is blessing you that day so you get higher hits than the other team.

I have to assume there is a plan to get out of this meta. Crit based squads are neutered unless you have someone to reliably ability block GK and then have enough pure damage to take out Zarriss fast enough. AoE is dead because CLS squads will destroy you if you try it. Debuffs are dead because R2 allows an auto-cleanse on crit. HP is through the roof meaning more tactical squads (that don't rely on DN) are dead because they can't kill fast enough.

It's just a bad time right now, in my opinion, and there had better be a rabbit up the sleeve to get out of this.

Anyway, I'm comfortably in the 20-50 range of my Dec 15 arena, even though I have yet to increase any character to g12. I have a punchers chance against any team, and I'm not convinced focusing on g12 will do anything substantial. I might win and defend at a slightly higher rate, but I'm still going to lose on defense and win on offense most of the time.

So yeah, I've stopped growing my current team and I've turned all my resources to farming gear for the next meta, because I'm CONVINCED it's going to be First Order. Snoke, Hux, Kylo, Praetorian Guard, and Executioner Stormtrooper are, somehow, someway, going to subvert the current meta and, **** it, going to crush everybody who comes against them. And I'm going to have 600+ stun cuffs and carbantis ready for when they arrive!

Yeah agree CLS rebels are a blight on the game. Love those gk zarris squads.

Guess it all depends on what you have
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Drago
    22 posts Member
    Before, in my shard, we got 10 differents leader toons in the top 10. And CLS came in game. #dropmic
  • Based on the vid's I've seen of hermit yoda... i'd say jedi ..that being a jedi team with GK and barriss. You think that duo is hard to kill now.. wait till you put HY in it. The constant heals, multi toon assists and buffing(50% dam for jedi with his unique) and you're in for a dangerous and annoying team.
    So probably GK barriss HY ezra (zeta?) And .. someone crazy unusual like Nihilus ; )
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I run:

CLS
    Old Ben
    Raid Han
    Princess Leia
    R2D2

Not quite the "meta" and I've taken Rank 1 in my launch shard a few times. Never held it but still, I got there. I refuse to jump on the same team everyone uses. And as much as Chaze was annoying, these new zBarriss teams are even more so.

That is pretty much the meta lol...

Luke L,
    R2
    dps rebels (Leia, han, Ezra, etc.)
    Tank (gk, old ben, chaze)
    And sometimes an extra support (thrawn, dn, zarris)

That's the template, of course you can switch it up and have 2 tanks, or 2-3 dps, whatever.
  • Droids will be the next meta with a general grievous rework :)
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Not a bad plan. I had to skip both Zaul and Chaze, but am now doing well with CLS. When the next thing comes along I'll likely have to take a back seat again and save up for the one after that.
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Droids will be the next meta with a general grievous rework :)

For you and cora's sake I hope so