Google Gift Card Promotion?

Prev13456739
KueChael
930 posts Moderator
edited November 2017
Full Rey + 3000 crystals with 50$ google from Walmart

DEV Response
Hiya!
In the above post, we mentioned that we’ve partnered with Google to offer a special in-game bonus to Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players who purchase a Google Play gift card in select countries for a limited time this holiday season. There’s been some confusion on the offer details and availability by country and retailer, so we're providing Google’s official retailer list and schedule below. Retailers may post differing dates based on when their signage is displayed in-store. However, even if the retailer stops displaying signage, the promotion is still programmed in that country according to the dates listed <<HERE>>. If you purchase a card from a participating retailer during the posted schedule dates and do not receive the promotional reward, please get in touch with EA Help <<HERE>>.
This list is subject to change and please contact Google if you have any specific questions related to the list or your particular purchase.

Confirmed Retailers currently participating (by Country):
z279r53wo4kx.png

We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!

UPDATE 11/3
Hiya,
Appreciate your reports and updates. We're currently looking into this and crafting messaging to address some of the concerns detailed in this thread. I'll update via this thread with more when I have it. Thank you for your patience.

UPDATE 2 11/3
Hiya,
We've reached end of day, but information will be updated tonight. I know this has been a long wait, but we want to ensure this information is relayed to you before going into the weekend. Hang in there folks!
[/quote]
Updated the Promotion Dev post via <<Dev News and Announcements>>, but for posterity!

In the above post, we mentioned that we’ve partnered with Google to offer a special in-game bonus to Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players who purchase a Google Play gift card in select countries for a limited time this holiday season. There’s been some confusion on the offer details and availability by country and retailer, so we're providing Google’s official retailer list and schedule below. This list is subject to change and please contact Google if you have any specific questions related to the list or your particular purchase.

===================================================
Confirmed Retailers currently participating (by Country):
COUNTRY START DATE PARTICIPATING RETAILERS
  • Austria 10/23/17 Spar Austria
  • Austria 12/1/17 Tobaccoland
  • Australia 12/1/17 7-11, AU Post, Coles, EB Games, PC Games Supply, Reject Shop
  • Belgium 10/30/17 Digital Only
  • Belgium 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Brazil 12/1/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Canada 11/1/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Switzerland 10/16/17 Lekkerland, Migros, Post Finance, Valora
  • Germany 10/30/17 Digital Only
  • Germany 11/20/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Denmark 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Spain 10/30/17 Digital Only
  • Spain 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Finland 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • France 10/30/17 Digital + Carrefour FR
  • France 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • United Kingdom 10/30/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Ireland 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • India 12/8/17 Croma, Hotpost, ICICI, Paytm, PhoneRe, Reliance Digital
  • Japan 11/21/17 Circle K, Family Mart, Lawson, Ministop
  • Mexico 12/8/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Netherlands 10/30/17 Digital Only
  • Netherlands 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Norway 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • New Zealand 12/1/17 COUNTDOWN NZ
  • Poland 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Portugal 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Sweden 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • Singapore 11/15/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
  • United States of America 10/30/17 Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold except Kroger and Target
  • United States of America 11/12/17 Kroger
  • United States of America 11/21/17 Target
  • South Africa 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold

===================================================

What’s the offer?
The offer varies by territory, but in most countries, there are 3 different reward tiers which depending on the value of gift cards offered in that country and the reward is Rey (Scavenger) of varying star level plus some crystals. Please refer to the signage at physical retailers or the Terms and Conditions found on the product page for online offers for the specific rewards in your country.

Is this only available from physical retail locations? Can I purchase this offer online?
You can purchase Google Play gift cards from participating physical retailers or purchase from many retailers online (see Google’s official list and refer to the signage at physical retailers or the Terms and Conditions found on the product page for online offers).

I bought a gift card, how do I claim the reward?
  1. Most importantly, make sure you’re logged into the same account on your Android device AND inside Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes.
  2. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device.
  3. Open the Menu and tap Redeem.
  4. Enter your gift card code.
  5. Tap Add Item on the Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes pop-up.
  6. Tap on Open when instructed by your device.
  7. When the game opens, you’ll see a text pop-up confirming that you redeemed your code.
  8. You’ll also receive a message in your game inbox that confirms you’ve received the reward and Rey will be in your Characters area, ready for you to activate.

What can I do if I’ve already purchased a Gift Card from Target or Kroger?
We’ve discovered an issue with cards purchased at Target and Kroger, and unfortunately it’s not allowing us to validate the code redemptions. What does this mean? It means the cards won’t work as designed. Which is not cool, and we apologize. We’re working with Google on this, and if you have one of these cards, you should pursue a refund with the original retailer. If you encounter any problems receiving a refund from the retailer, then please contact us.

I was supposed to receive a 7* Rey, but I only got a 4*. What should I do?
Rey unlocks at 4*. If your reward was for a higher star version of Rey, we’ve also given you the additional character shards and credits needed to promote her up to that star level.
  • Go to your Character Selection screen, find Rey and tap the PROMOTE button in the bottom right to increase her star level.
1y5ekrrorkf6.png

I already had Rey at 7*. What am I supposed to do with these extra shards?
Excess character shards can be converted to Shard Shop currency which can be used to purchase character shards or gear.

I redeemed my code, but Rey hasn’t shown up in-game. What should I do?
  1. Ensure that you’re logged into the same account on both your device and in-game.
  2. Restart the game - fully close the app and relaunch
  3. Double-check to ensure your retailer is participating (see the official list above). If your retailer is not participating, you may not get the reward.

Is this only available from physical retail locations? Can I purchase this offer online?
You can purchase Google Play gift cards from participating physical retailers or purchase from many retailers online (see the official list above)

I purchased a gift card from a retailer online, but I haven’t received my code. What can I do?
Many retailers deliver the online gift card purchases to you via email after a brief delay (sometimes up to 4 hours). Please refer to information on the retailer website, purchase confirmation or other email regarding how long to expect between purchase and delivery. Contact your retailer if you continue to have issues.

How many times can I purchase this offer?
Most countries have 3 different offers tiers available. You can purchase each tier a maximum of 3 times. Refer to the in-store signage or Terms and Conditions for online offers in your specific country.

Can I move my reward to another account?
No, the reward is tied to the account at the point you redeemed the offer.

Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Found this on Reddit this morning, apparently giving away Crystals, Credits, and Ray shards if you get a google play giftcard from Walmart - In the US and use it in SWGOH.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/73xhyp/does_anyone_have_any_info_on_this_id_like_to/
  • Adm_Gosular
    169 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    That’s what’s been going around Reddit. S’okay, us iPhone users don’t mind getting shorted again...
  • :O
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Hoping a dev can shed light.
  • So there's the promotion for the bonus Rey if you get a google gift card. I got a gift card and redeemed it but I haven't gotten the bonus Rey. How do I go about getting it?
  • Generic
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Legitimate. Several guild mates have gotten varying amounts of rey/crystals/creds based on the size of the google play card they bought.

iOS gets kittened as usual
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Everybody who plays this game for some time shouldn’t be surprised about this :)
    Post edited by Delmon_Ciiidrr on
  • Did you get the card from Walmart.com?
  • From the dev game update:

Added functionality for specific Google Promotional Gift Card redemption
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    It is the Rey that is already in the Game. not a new one
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited October 2017
    This Hotfix addressed non Player facing issues as well as the following below:
    • 43 star Territory Battle gear rewards have now been fixed.
    • Guilds that reached 43 stars in the previous Territory Battles will receive their correct rewards as well as compensation for the error.
    • Added functionality for specific Google Promotional Gift Card redemption.
    • Fixed an incorrect French translation for Thrawn’s Ebb and Flow ability.
    • Territory Battles will now display the number of participants in Japanese.

For reference to the google promo being added!

[@scuba ;) ]
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Jonais wrote: »
    So there's the promotion for the bonus Rey if you get a google gift card. I got a gift card and redeemed it but I haven't gotten the bonus Rey. How do I go about getting it?

From what I have read on Reddit, you need to have a google play account that is in USA... if you do, then you have to talk to customer service to fix it.
    Zusuk - https://swgoh.gg/u/moshehbenavraham/ - My Picture art by ~daylatefriend123 deviantArt
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    wow, just wow, it is interesting that apple doesn’t get a juicy perk like this, oh well for them
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    scuba wrote: »

Those crystals and shard shop currency would be really nice though. I'd spend $50 directly on crystals to get that as a bonus. But nope, I'm Apple.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Zusuk wrote: »
    Jonais wrote: »
    So there's the promotion for the bonus Rey if you get a google gift card. I got a gift card and redeemed it but I haven't gotten the bonus Rey. How do I go about getting it?

From what I have read on Reddit, you need to have a google play account that is in USA... if you do, then you have to talk to customer service to fix it.

It also appears to be Walmart specific.

Yet another issue that wouldn't exist if CG would just communicate. Not sure why that's so hard.
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I understand doing specific promotions if a certain segment of revenue is lacking, but it would benefit everyone if they included all segments of revenue..the players would benefit, the game creators would benefit, and no one feels left out...just doesn't make sense to me....
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

Those crystals and shard shop currency would be really nice though. I'd spend $50 directly on crystals to get that as a bonus. But nope, I'm Apple.

Oh definitely and I did. You don't even have to spend the money in game.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    This Hotfix addressed non Player facing issues as well as the following below:
    • 43 star Territory Battle gear rewards have now been fixed.
    • Guilds that reached 43 stars in the previous Territory Battles will receive their correct rewards as well as compensation for the error.
    • Added functionality for specific Google Promotional Gift Card redemption.
    • Fixed an incorrect French translation for Thrawn’s Ebb and Flow ability.
    • Territory Battles will now display the number of participants in Japanese.

For reference to the google promo being added yesterday Friday 09/28

It was actually added with the HF on friday

XOfJlun.png
    Would be nice to get the specific details of how this works.

• That's pretty deeply buried in the small print if that is the official communication on this.

Aside from the obvious negativity that will come with any platform specific, region specific deal like this from all those that don't qualify, the chances are that many of those that do qualify won't even realise it is happening.
  • Generic wrote: »
    Legitimate. Several guild mates have gotten varying amounts of rey/crystals/creds based on the size of the google play card they bought.

iOS gets boned as usual

UK get more boned, we don't get it either and pay 20% more for every crystal
  • Guess I'm buying a google play card from walmart. Been working on my resistance.
  • Never seen a game more secretive about it's promotions.

PR, you need it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Is there another update, on Reddit her name is scavenger Rey(the force awakens). Or is this a hint to a new Rey???
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So i just had someone that tried with cards from different places and did not get the rewards. He called Google Play support and was told that the gift card must come from walmart or walmart.com.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    So i just had someone that tried with cards from different places and did not get the rewards. He called Google Play support and was told that the gift card must come from walmart or walmart.com.

I have heard the same. And still silence from CG. Such a bad look when this stuff happens.
  • I know we will never find out, but I would love to know the money they get from Walmart and Google for this. It seems crazy to me that it would be more than simply offering a promotion for everyone to purchase crystals directly from them. The economics here really confuses me.
  • Out of curiosity, have there been any ios-specific characters/promotions? I've been playing for a while (over a year at least ... I believe Bistan was a login character around when I started) and I don't recall seeing any, but this is now the second Android exclusive I remember, after K2SO.
    Go Pens!
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Out of curiosity, have there been any ios-specific characters/promotions? I've been playing for a while (over a year at least ... I believe Bistan was a login character around when I started) and I don't recall seeing any, but this is now the second Android exclusive I remember, after K2SO.

The only time iOS got something that Android didn't, was April 2016, GoH participated in the Apple Earth Day event, and there was an Ewok event and packs.
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    Well time to switch to android, Apple doesn't seem to care enough to give us a promotion. We should all dump our iOS devices and go android......
  • So is there a list of levels based on the amount of GC purchased? And there is also a good chance that you dont see the promotions on the Apple side because of Apple, not CG. They usually don't like to play nice
This discussion has been closed.