Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• for the UK people...if you dont see the reward
    chat with google play help, give them serial numbers of the cards you redeem and voila
  • You can redeem all 3 tiers of the reward
    10$ google play card ( from walmart, physical or online ) = 4* Rey and 750c
    25$ google play card = 5* Rey 1500c and 250k credits
    50$ google play card = 7* Rey 3000c and 1.75m credits
    unknown.png
  • Never seen a game more secretive about it's promotions.

PR, you need it.

Why would they want word getting out about this? Anyone who plays this game on an Apple device will get very PO'd that they're getting screwed AGAIN. Advertising it is just rubbing it in.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, have there been any ios-specific characters/promotions? I've been playing for a while (over a year at least ... I believe Bistan was a login character around when I started) and I don't recall seeing any, but this is now the second Android exclusive I remember, after K2SO.

The only time iOS got something that Android didn't, was April 2016, GoH participated in the Apple Earth Day event, and there was an Ewok event and packs.

There was also the Lando promotion that was quickly shut down due to abusers.

It's worth keeping in mind that these "platform specific" promotions are paid for by the respective platform companies (i.e. Google and Apple). Regardless as to which side of the discussion you fall, it is a little short-sighted to "blame" CG/EA if the platform you chose to play on doesn't chose to pay for the various perks.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So whoever associated with the game allowed google users to basically get more in game benefits than iOS users per $ spent.
    It's in the hotfix notes.
    So it has to be passed by them?
    How is that fair ?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

It's worth keeping in mind that these "platform specific" promotions are paid for by the respective platform companies (i.e. Google and Apple). Regardless as to which side of the discussion you fall, it is a little short-sighted to "blame" CG/EA if the platform you chose to play on doesn't chose to pay for the various perks.

One could also think to just not make this promotions on global game, where all servers a shard and everyone plays against everyone, independent of the platform. There are plenty of games that just don't need to do this.
  • Nothing short sighted about it. CG has to allow it to happen. They obviously have no problem playing favorites to android users. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Why alienate one segment of your customer base? Offer them something similar or the same thing.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, have there been any ios-specific characters/promotions? I've been playing for a while (over a year at least ... I believe Bistan was a login character around when I started) and I don't recall seeing any, but this is now the second Android exclusive I remember, after K2SO.

The only time iOS got something that Android didn't, was April 2016, GoH participated in the Apple Earth Day event, and there was an Ewok event and packs.

• Ah screw this do something in Europe
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Google play on android seems much more generous, then the Apple Pay for everything - nothing is free company. Wouldn't be surprised if the new movie comes and all google players get another free character.
  • StarSon
    7406 posts Member

Oh, right, forgot about Lando. Got mine before they shut it down lol.

As for the other part, I generally agree, even if I am still really angry about K2. At this point, I'm mostly annoyed that there has been almost zero communication on this. So far, all we have is that CG patched in the support for this promo, but they failed to tell us about it. I have at least one guildmate that boughta $50 gift card for this promo but didn't get it because we didn't yet know it was Walmart only.
  • I contacted Google Canada

They don't offer this...
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    kerwyn wrote: »
    So whoever associated with the game allowed google users to basically get more in game benefits than iOS users per $ spent.
    It's in the hotfix notes.
    So it has to be passed by them?
    How is that fair ?

Sometimes businesses partner to create more brand awareness for both parties. Often times that partnership excludes them from working with a competitor brand. In this case SWGOH feels the better deal is working with Android devices. While it's not fair, it's really more apples fault for not offering a better deal. That's business! Congrats to those with Android devices.
  • Just curious but can't non US just buy them online also?
  • I've searched, but I can't seem to find it. Are there special instructions for this? Just buy the email delivery version from Walmart, load it into GP, and everything just magically appears?
  • UPDATE -- not confirmed but am hearing if you bought gift card from somewhere else, contact google support and have the serial number of the card for them, and they will award the promotion
  • @Flakbait
    HOW IT WORKS
    open google play, redeem the gift card, go to account > rewards, select and redeem
    after that, it takes about 5min to show up in game
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    imgnthat wrote: »
    UPDATE -- not confirmed but am hearing if you bought gift card from somewhere else, contact google support and have the serial number of the card for them, and they will award the promotion

does it work in EU?
    also - is it for limited time?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nothing short sighted about it. CG has to allow it to happen. They obviously have no problem playing favorites to android users. Pretty **** if you ask me. Why alienate one segment of your customer base? Offer them something similar or the same thing.

They will...as soon as Apple pays for it. Google is paying for the promotion - so are you asking CG to turn down free money from Google? Or are you suggesting that CG give away to Apple users what Google has paid for for its users?

(Hint: neither is "fair")
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • imgnthat wrote: »
    @Flakbait
    HOW IT WORKS

@imgnthat - You da' man. Thanks!

• @Xezee
    ive heard there is a NON-US workaround, but i have no confirmation on that
    speculation is the entire month of October
  • usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Load of Kittens IMO. Android users get WAY more promotions than iOS has since the beginning of the game. How can you have cross OS servers but not have the same opportunities.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Load of Kittens IMO. Android users get WAY more promotions than iOS has since the beginning of the game. How can you have cross OS servers but not have the same opportunities.

Because one of the OS companies is willing to pay for more promotions.

I understand your frustration, but don't quite get why many are having problems understanding how this works.

• To those able to get in on this Google promotion...CONGRATS!!! To those who can't, myself included, it's a bummer, but it doesn't change the way I play this game.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I understand your frustration, but don't quite get why many are having problems understanding how this works.

There are game-companies who think something like “we are aware that we created a game on a global platform with sharded content and for not alienating some users or create unfair advantages to newer users we just don’t do such deals but try our best in creating awesome content which generates our revenue”. Different companies different policies, but stuff like this tells so much.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

No it’s quite easy to understand how it works. My issue is that the other OS (iOS) needs to be given opportunities as well. If apple doesn’t want to pay for promotions like these then the devs need to give the same treatment. Make it equivalent somehow. It’s not fair that let’s say out of 50 people are in same arena shard half is android and their progress is a lot easier because the other half isn’t given the same opportunity and have to spend more money. That’s my issue with it
  • it is also possible that EA/CG offered this deal to Apple as well, but they declined to participate
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »

No it’s quite easy to understand how it works. My issue is that the other OS (iOS) needs to be given opportunities as well. If apple doesn’t want to pay for promotions like these then the devs need to give the same treatment. Make it equivalent somehow. It’s not fair that let’s say out of 50 people are in same arena shard half is android and their progress is a lot easier because the other half isn’t given the same opportunity and have to spend more money. That’s my issue with it

The devs could just say "Hey Apple users, spend $50 on crystals, and we'll give you 3,000 extra crystals, 1 million credits, and 330 Rey shards."
    That would go great for them, since it's pure profit. With this Google deal, people don't even need to spend the $50 on SWGoH to get the free stuff.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    CaptainRex wrote: »

The devs could just say "Hey Apple users, spend $50 on crystals, and we'll give you 3,000 extra crystals, 1 million credits, and 330 Rey shards."
    That would go great for them, since it's pure profit. With this Google deal, people don't even need to spend the $50 on SWGoH to get the free stuff.

Right?! It’s TOO easy to balance out the opportunities for both OS.. but they don’t want to because one company wants to pay for one and not the other? What’s that have to do with me? What’s that have to do with balance? I spend a fortune on this game and you’re gonna give one side a better means to spend money and not the other? Makes. No. Sense. They’ve been on a slippery kitten slope since TB started they need to get it together
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Right?! It’s TOO easy to balance out the opportunities for both OS.. but they don’t want to because one company wants to pay for one and not the other? What’s that have to do with me? What’s that have to do with balance? I spend a fortune on this game and you’re gonna give one side a better means to spend money and not the other? Makes. No. Sense. They’ve been on a slippery **** slope since TB started they need to get it together
    Blame Apple, they absolutely could cut a deal too. Just because Google cut a deal doesn't mean that CG is obliged to go anything to make things 'fair' In fact, it's in CG's best interest to stay out of it. Giving a deal to Apple because Google did it just encourages Google to not do it again.
  • Is there no easy way for an apple/iOS user to do this? Google play can be on an apple product right? Assume it's not that easy? Want it to be though - any ideas or is this just un-possible?
This discussion has been closed.