• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Load of Kittens IMO. Android users get WAY more promotions than iOS has since the beginning of the game. How can you have cross OS servers but not have the same opportunities.

Because one of the OS companies is willing to pay for more promotions.

I understand your frustration, but don't quite get why many are having problems understanding how this works.

No it’s quite easy to understand how it works. My issue is that the other OS (iOS) needs to be given opportunities as well. If apple doesn’t want to pay for promotions like these then the devs need to give the same treatment. Make it equivalent somehow. It’s not fair that let’s say out of 50 people are in same arena shard half is android and their progress is a lot easier because the other half isn’t given the same opportunity and have to spend more money. That’s my issue with it

The devs could just say "Hey Apple users, spend $50 on crystals, and we'll give you 3,000 extra crystals, 1 million credits, and 330 Rey shards."
    That would go great for them, since it's pure profit. With this Google deal, people don't even need to spend the $50 on SWGoH to get the free stuff.

Right?! It’s TOO easy to balance out the opportunities for both OS.. but they don’t want to because one company wants to pay for one and not the other? What’s that have to do with me? What’s that have to do with balance? I spend a fortune on this game and you’re gonna give one side a better means to spend money and not the other? Makes. No. Sense. They’ve been on a slippery kitten slope since TB started they need to get it together

This has everything to do with you because you're their customer. Already I've seen countless people talking about transferring their accounts from iOS to Android, which is a big win for Google. If Apple isn't willing to pay for the promotion, it doesn't make logical business sense for CG to give iOS users the promotion anyway. Google will definitely notice that and demand reimbursement or be unwilling to pay for a promotion in the future.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    The devs could just say "Hey Apple users, spend $50 on crystals, and we'll give you 3,000 extra crystals, 1 million credits, and 330 Rey shards."
    That would go great for them, since it's pure profit. With this Google deal, people don't even need to spend the $50 on SWGoH to get the free stuff.

100x yes to this. That way you're ensuring the money stays within SWGOH and not making iOS users (including this one, who spends money on this game) annoyed.
  • Maxx121312 wrote: »
    Is there no easy way for an apple/iOS user to do this? Google play can be on an apple product right? Assume it's not that easy? Want it to be though - any ideas or is this just un-possible?

You would have to switch from iOS to google play by calling EA. And hen purchase the promotion. Give or take 3-5 days

• Why people dogging iOS it up to apple to make and approved those deal.
  • Not really that bummed, (as an iOS user) because I wouldn't have spent the money on it anyway.
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Load of Kittens IMO. Android users get WAY more promotions than iOS has since the beginning of the game. How can you have cross OS servers but not have the same opportunities.

I understand your frustration, but don't quite get why many are having problems understanding how this works.

No it’s quite easy to understand how it works. My issue is that the other OS (iOS) needs to be given opportunities as well. If apple doesn’t want to pay for promotions like these then the devs need to give the same treatment. Make it equivalent somehow. It’s not fair that let’s say out of 50 people are in same arena shard half is android and their progress is a lot easier because the other half isn’t given the same opportunity and have to spend more money. That’s my issue with it

Right?! It’s TOO easy to balance out the opportunities for both OS.. but they don’t want to because one company wants to pay for one and not the other? What’s that have to do with me? What’s that have to do with balance? I spend a fortune on this game and you’re gonna give one side a better means to spend money and not the other? Makes. No. Sense. They’ve been on a slippery **** slope since TB started they need to get it together
    Blame Apple, they absolutely could cut a deal too. Just because Google cut a deal doesn't mean that CG is obliged to go anything to make things 'fair' In fact, it's in CG's best interest to stay out of it. Giving a deal to Apple because Google did it just encourages Google to not do it again.

Okay from your logic if you had 2 kids and you offered to buy shoes for both of them. One says no the other says yes. 1 week later your kid that declined is shoeless. You gonna not buy him shoes? Hope nobodies life is in your hand...
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member

Right?! It’s TOO easy to balance out the opportunities for both OS.. but they don’t want to because one company wants to pay for one and not the other? What’s that have to do with me? What’s that have to do with balance? I spend a fortune on this game and you’re gonna give one side a better means to spend money and not the other? Makes. No. Sense. They’ve been on a slippery **** slope since TB started they need to get it together
    Blame Apple, they absolutely could cut a deal too. Just because Google cut a deal doesn't mean that CG is obliged to go anything to make things 'fair' In fact, it's in CG's best interest to stay out of it. Giving a deal to Apple because Google did it just encourages Google to not do it again.

Okay from your logic if you had 2 kids and you offered to buy shoes for both of them. One says no the other says yes. 1 week later your kid that declined is shoeless. You gonna not buy him shoes? Hope nobodies life is in your hand...

Thats such a bad analogy and you know it. Companys giving money to other companies for promotional purposes is not even remotely close to defying your kids shoes......smh.

In your example, are child 1 and child 2 both multi-billion dollar companies?
  • Jamesm wrote: »

Thats such a bad analogy and you know it. Companys giving money to other companies for promotional purposes is not even remotely close to defying your kids shoes......smh.

I know I’m just being over dramatic. For humor purposes
    Jamesm wrote: »

I know I’m just being over dramatic. For humor purposes

Let's use a better example then. :) You offer to buy both of your kids a piece of candy if they do one chore. One says yes, the other says no. 10 minutes later, both kids have no candy (the first one ate his). You gonna go buy the other candy without him doing a chore? No, of course not.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    This has everything to do with you because you're their customer. Already I've seen countless people talking about transferring their accounts from iOS to Android, which is a big win for Google. If Apple isn't willing to pay for the promotion, it doesn't make logical business sense for CG to give iOS users the promotion anyway. Google will definitely notice that and demand reimbursement or be unwilling to pay for a promotion in the future.

And then there are people who are not willing to play this game, abandon the game and or cg games for the future, because they remember.

This is a very difficult thing to balance and short time revenue gain gain easily go into long term losses (which doesnt mean it happens here).

I would like to see cg doing a better cartering than just android/us but that is probably an impossible wish.
  • how about ios gets some special deal ? always android
  • Turner55 wrote: »
    how about ios gets some special deal ? always android

Google is desperate to keep anyone on Android. All the high end users are gone.

Apple doesn’t need to bribe EA.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017

Right?! It’s TOO easy to balance out the opportunities for both OS.. but they don’t want to because one company wants to pay for one and not the other? What’s that have to do with me? What’s that have to do with balance? I spend a fortune on this game and you’re gonna give one side a better means to spend money and not the other? Makes. No. Sense. They’ve been on a slippery kitten slope since TB started they need to get it together

Wait. So CG should turn down money from Google/Walmart just out of "fairness"? You should blame Apple for being cheap.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • imgnthat wrote: »
    it is also possible that EA/CG offered this deal to Apple as well, but they declined to participate

You think CG is not trying to get as much money as they possibly can? You think they are like "no thanks Apple, we just want Google/Walmart money"?
  • Turner55 wrote: »
    how about ios gets some special deal ? always android

Google is desperate to keep anyone on Android. All the high end users are gone.

Apple doesn’t need to bribe EA.

LOL...Apple Fandom is always hilarious.
  • Ixias0 wrote: »

100x yes to this. That way you're ensuring the money stays within SWGOH and not making iOS users (including this one, who spends money on this game) annoyed.

CG gets money regardless and it introduces new people to the game. Clash Royale and the Transformers game had similar promotions.
  • If you are an apple user, you have subscribed to a closed ecosystem of transactions where apple itself is the only gatekeeper. Stop blaming others for your choices.
  • dreagone wrote: »
    If you are an apple user, you have subscribed to a closed ecosystem of transactions where apple itself is the only gatekeeper. Stop blaming others for your choices.

Yup...and Google does not need Android to make money. It gives it out for free.
  • scuba wrote: »
    It is the Rey that is already in the Game. not a new one

@scuba did you buy the card at Walmart or just anywhere? I bought a card yesterday and got nothing. Wondering if it's US only and not in Canada
  • scuba wrote: »

@scuba did you buy the card at Walmart or just anywhere? I bought a card yesterday and got nothing. Wondering if it's US only and not in Canada

Yes Walmart and US only.
  • Is there also a promotion for the iTunes gift cards going on? I would rather not have to think about switching over to Android or an emulator to receive the gift. Pretty sure the emulator is against Terms and Conditions and I'm not fond of Android.
  • IC3M4N wrote: »
    wow, just wow, it is interesting that apple doesn’t get a juicy perk like this, oh well for them

Google and Apple pay for these promotions....they don’t “get” them as perks. They offer the same deal to both. So, in this case, Apple chose not to pay for a promotion for its customers that Google was willing to pay for....just like what happened with K-2SO. Blame Apple.....not EA.
  • So you get these perks on TOP of the gift card?
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    So you get these perks on TOP of the gift card?

yes...they're bonus rewards. You don't even need to spend the money on the game.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Didn't get rewards. Google play support wants to see the offer mentioned officially...
    @CG_Kozispoon Google support said contact developer. I bought $10, $25, and $50 cards.
    Post edited by Randall on
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

scuba did you buy the card at Walmart or just anywhere? I bought a card yesterday and got nothing. Wondering if it's US only and not in Canada

yeah seems to be USA only. Seems only the cards or e-cards from walmart works.
    $50 will give the 330 rey shards 3k crystals and 1.75 mil credits.
  • So I use the Google cards that you load from 10-500$, I do 54 to cover tax of a 49.99 gem set. Do these cards not qualify? Is it specifically the 10-20-50 amounts?
  • imgnthat wrote: »
    You can redeem all 3 tiers of the reward
    10$ google play card ( from walmart, physical or online ) = 4* Rey and 750c
    25$ google play card = 5* Rey 1500c and 250k credits
    50$ google play card = 7* Rey 3000c and 1.75m credits
    unknown.png

So a 50$ Google gift card from Walmart.com is what I need?
This discussion has been closed.