Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• RescueME wrote: »
    I can confirm that this does work in Canada. Just need to buy US Google Play card from Walmart.com.

Did you have to change your google account address to use it?
  • Dyakoff wrote: »
    RescueME wrote: »
    I can confirm that this does work in Canada. Just need to buy US Google Play card from Walmart.com.

Did you have to change your google account address to use it?

I simply added a US payment method with account settings of Google Play.
  • If you are using IOS and upset about mis sing out on this opportunity, either get android or complain to your iPhone dealer. This is a google play offer. It's not EA s fault
  • Slazbacca wrote: »
    If you are using IOS and upset about mis sing out on this opportunity, either get android or complain to your iPhone dealer. This is a google play offer. It's not EA s fault

You can blame Apple but you can also blame EA quite a bit. EA wants Walmart's/Google's money, but they are the ones who dictated the reward to the people who participated.
  • Slazbacca wrote: »
    If you are using IOS and upset about mis sing out on this opportunity, either get android or complain to your iPhone dealer. This is a google play offer. It's not EA s fault

You can blame Apple but you can also blame EA quite a bit. EA wants Walmart's/Google's money, but they are the ones who dictated the reward to the people who participated.

What? Walmart/Google dictated who participated...EA just took the money and provided the platform.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »

What? Walmart/Google dictated who participated...EA just took the money and provided the platform.

But EA determined the rewards. If it were just 3k crystals, people would be ticked. If it were just 330 Rey shards, people would be ticked. So people are even more ticked its both and credits.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    This Hotfix addressed non Player facing issues as well as the following below:
    • 43 star Territory Battle gear rewards have now been fixed.
    • Guilds that reached 43 stars in the previous Territory Battles will receive their correct rewards as well as compensation for the error.
    • Added functionality for specific Google Promotional Gift Card redemption.
    • Fixed an incorrect French translation for Thrawn’s Ebb and Flow ability.
    • Territory Battles will now display the number of participants in Japanese.

For reference to the google promo being added yesterday Friday 09/28

It was actually added with the HF on friday

XOfJlun.png
    Would be nice to get the specific details of how this works.

I did it myself this morning. You go to walmart.com and buy a gift card that gets email delivered or go to the store directly. The price of the card (up to $50) gives you the best rewards. Once you have the gift card code. Buy anything in the store using that card and a message pops up saying there has been a reward added to your Google Play account. Go to your account through the Google Play Store app and redeem the reward. Log into SWGOH and claim it. From what I know, a $10 gift card grants you 80 Rey shards and 750 crystals, while a $50 gift card gives you 330 Rey shards and 3000 crystals. Hope that clears things up for everyone.

Was there anything mentioned in the site about the promo? I don't see anything on the Wal-Mart site
  • Calbear949 wrote: »

But EA determined the rewards. If it were just 3k crystals, people would be ticked. If it were just 330 Rey shards, people would be ticked. So people are even more ticked its both and credits.

Where did you read transcripts of the deal?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Slazbacca wrote: »

What company that you know of turns down, what is, essentially, free money?

I can't even tell if some of you are serious anymore. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    This Hotfix addressed non Player facing issues as well as the following below:
    • 43 star Territory Battle gear rewards have now been fixed.
    • Guilds that reached 43 stars in the previous Territory Battles will receive their correct rewards as well as compensation for the error.
    • Added functionality for specific Google Promotional Gift Card redemption.
    • Fixed an incorrect French translation for Thrawn’s Ebb and Flow ability.
    • Territory Battles will now display the number of participants in Japanese.

For reference to the google promo being added yesterday Friday 09/28

It was actually added with the HF on friday

XOfJlun.png
    Would be nice to get the specific details of how this works.

I did it myself this morning. You go to walmart.com and buy a gift card that gets email delivered or go to the store directly. The price of the card (up to $50) gives you the best rewards. Once you have the gift card code. Buy anything in the store using that card and a message pops up saying there has been a reward added to your Google Play account. Go to your account through the Google Play Store app and redeem the reward. Log into SWGOH and claim it. From what I know, a $10 gift card grants you 80 Rey shards and 750 crystals, while a $50 gift card gives you 330 Rey shards and 3000 crystals. Hope that clears things up for everyone.

I know most of this, I had already got it before this broke on the forums, I was pushing for the Dev's to provide more clear information than the beta testers (the players) having to figure it out by trial and error.

For example the highlighted part is incorrect. You do not have to spend any of the money added from the gift card. As soon as I added the card to my google play account I was able to redeem the reward in Google play. It did glitch when redeeming the pack and I had to use restore purchases button but I got the the stuff in about 5 minutes.
  • snowhut wrote: »

Yes, because Walmart & Google's marketing teams told CG/EA "ok, we're going to partner on this deal and we want you to give Google Play users 330 Rey shards, 3k crystals..."

I mean come on...
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

What company that you know of turns down, what is, essentially, free money?

I can't even tell if some of you are serious anymore. :D

Don't quote me, i agree with you. The level/amount of rewards are what people are mad about in addition to the platform exclusivity.
  • I don't get people's thinking sometimes. That said the makers of this game tend to do a poor job releasing explanation that can cut down on confusion. The have a news letter function built into the game it self. A simply worded paragraph or two concerning the Han shards and subsequent 20k crystal award and now the google play event could have allayed most anger or ignorance in these situations.
  • Is there a promo code?
  • snowhut wrote: »

Yes, because Walmart & Google's marketing teams told CG/EA "ok, we're going to partner on this deal and we want you to give Google Play users 330 Rey shards, 3k crystals..."

I mean come on...

Was just curious dude. You were acting like you actually knew what you were talking about. My bad for giving you the benefit of the doubt.
  • I don't care what anyone says, it's not fair to the iOS players, It gives android users a 7 star character that many of us don't have. Which makes them stronger. The arena part of this game is player vrs player, EA should not be allowing a select group of players an unfair advantage over another...this deal should have applied to all not just android....EA needs to extend this deal to all players....
  • I don't understand the argument that Google is trying to entice iOS users to switch devices with this deal. I am an iOS user, I am not mad about this promotion and I do not plan to change my phone to take advantage of it.

I don't see how this deal, which has not been formally announced by the dev team anywhere, will entice anyone that doesn't already play SWGOH to switch devices. The only people who are currently even aware of the promotion are people in this forum and Reddit, as far as I know. Of those people, I don't think a large percentage of them are willing to buy a new phone just to get some free in game swag.

This is simply a way for Google to thank those that are playing on their devices. I don't make a decision about what phone or tablet I plan to buy based on what in game offers are made on this or any other game. I buy based on research on the device and the OS. I prefer iOS for my own reasons. Others prefer Android. So be it.

If Apple doesn't want to thank their customers then those of us using iOS can decide to take our business elsewhere. But I do not plan on abandoning all my devices just because I didn't get crystals and Rey shards. To me, it is a slightly shallow reason to change everything about my digital life at this point. I have an iPhone, iPad and Apple watch. I do not plan to rebuy all of those items in the Android format just to get some free SWGOH stuff.

The one argument I do not understand from the Android side is the one stating that both platforms were offered the deal. No one in this thread, as far as I know, has any knowledge as to the details of this deal. No one has a basis to make the statement that Apple turned down the deal. We don't know and we probably never will. No one has even bothered to officially announce the deal much less explain the inner workings of it.

• That's because it was supposed to stay in the shadows.
  • Has anyone noticed the ROI is higher for the $10 cards? $10 cards give 80 rey shards and 750 crystals while $50 cards give 330 Rey shards and 3000 crystals. Buying 5 $10 cards nets 70 more Rey shards and 750 more crystals. Are the rewards a one time only deal? In previous posts I saw people receiving rewards when buying each type of card but not anything about multiple rewards for buying multiple $10 cards, can anyone confirm?
  • I say this becuase last year and the whole
    K-2SO event, iOS 11 issues, and this Google Play promotion thing.
  • and also other EA games are also having issues with iOS 11
  • k2solbri wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the ROI is higher for the $10 cards? $10 cards give 80 rey shards and 750 crystals while $50 cards give 330 Rey shards and 3000 crystals. Buying 5 $10 cards nets 70 more Rey shards and 750 more crystals. Are the rewards a one time only deal? In previous posts I saw people receiving rewards when buying each type of card but not anything about multiple rewards for buying multiple $10 cards, can anyone confirm?

Yes, I also noticed that the ROI for $10 was better.

I have managed to purchase three $10 gift cards, but all my further orders have been canceled, for no given reason.

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    k2solbri wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the ROI is higher for the $10 cards? $10 cards give 80 rey shards and 750 crystals while $50 cards give 330 Rey shards and 3000 crystals. Buying 5 $10 cards nets 70 more Rey shards and 750 more crystals. Are the rewards a one time only deal? In previous posts I saw people receiving rewards when buying each type of card but not anything about multiple rewards for buying multiple $10 cards, can anyone confirm?

I just did 3 $10 cards and got rewards for each one of them. Someone else tried 4 and didn't get any on the 4th, technically 5th as he did a 100 one yesterday. I also did a 100 one yesterday.

So there does seem to be a limit either by tier, day or total. I have another 10 I am waiting till tomorrow to try.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Must be nice... I have been in hold for 45 minutes trying to get the promotional rewards.
  • Loved the promotion! Huzzah Android!!!!

You have to do more than that .. drain your Canadian account of Canadian funds, get a valid US address, get a VPN, and change your account to the US address. Then deposit the money. Then spend it all. Every penny. Then you can switch back to Canadian.

It's just too much work for me.
  • I say this becuase last year and the whole
    K-2SO event, iOS 11 issues, and this Google Play promotion thing.

There have been iOS only promotions too...Lando, Ewoks for Earth Day, and at least one other I am forgetting.

Some of the people posting seem to have a very selective memory.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I used to play mcoc and this type of thing happened all the time for IOS users.. it **** off the entire community (at least Android users) every time it happened ...

Right now the promotion is in Canada too but for another game by the same developers of mcoc.

You have to do more than that .. drain your Canadian account of Canadian funds, get a valid US address, get a VPN, and change your account to the US address. Then deposit the money. Then spend it all. Every penny. Then you can switch back to Canadian.

It's just too much work for me.

This is not entirely true.

1. I didn't once use VPN to mask my location; and
    2. Google "US Address" and there is a website that provides random US addresses.

These were not the assumptions you were looking for.
  • Is this a new Rey or is it the one that was already in the game?
This discussion has been closed.