Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• who do i contact about what im missing. i spend to much on this game to not get what im owed
  • i dont want to break rules just to get a response
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    All I know is I could use one of those my rogue team needs her but alas I'm iOS.......
  • Lol, all of this hype is exactly why this promo was created. These big companies read their target demographics like an open book.
  • I guess Europe and the rest of the world gets screwed all over again
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    SmokeyJ wrote: »
    Before anyone jumps up to get their credit card there is a problem if you want to actually use the google play money on SWGOH. There is no option to use a partial payment with google play credit. Read up and some people said once you enter a different payment option it will ask if you want to use your google play credits. This did not happen

I have this same problem every time I buy a $100 gift card, what you have to do is buy the $2 crystal pouch then it will let you use the remaining $98 combined with another payment.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Out of curiosity, have there been any ios-specific characters/promotions? I've been playing for a while (over a year at least ... I believe Bistan was a login character around when I started) and I don't recall seeing any, but this is now the second Android exclusive I remember, after K2SO.

Very early on (Dec 2015, I think) iOS got Poe, while android got Kylo. Poe was OP meta at the time. Kylo, not so much.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, have there been any ios-specific characters/promotions? I've been playing for a while (over a year at least ... I believe Bistan was a login character around when I started) and I don't recall seeing any, but this is now the second Android exclusive I remember, after K2SO.

Very early on (Dec 2015, I think) iOS got Poe, while android got Kylo. Poe was OP meta at the time. Kylo, not so much.

Not Kylo, we got Phasma
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Not Kylo, we got Phasma

Oh yeah. That's right. Either way, I've been screwed for arena ranking ever since as mostly f2p. All those lost crystals are hard to overcome.

And phasma was even less meta. Lol
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I understand why CG does this, but I am completely against it, independent of the platform or the country. That being said for a nov 15 shard the differences on what android got and what ios got are pretty big (days of spring event with fre hk-47 and credits, the k2so event last year abd now this. There was never anything close to that on iOS. Even here I understand why google is doing this and CG takes they bate, but that doesnt mean I agree on that.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member

IOS Wedge / Android Biggs too
  • Got it you need go to the play store then go to your account and click rewards then you can get it
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    It definitely works, I bought a cpl to test it. Should be a limit but I don't think there is... I imagine it's going to be a successful sales promo
  • Klocko wrote: »

Don't forget about wedge, Android got Biggs. That was a enormous difference in that power meta that was Wiggs, and lasted a long time.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Don't forget about wedge, Android got Biggs. That was a enormous difference in that power meta that was Wiggs, and lasted a long time.

Some would argue, that with Biggs you get access to the probably most used and one of the best ship at all.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    So many angry people in this thread who don't understand marketing... :D
  • @Xezee
    ive heard there is a NON-US workaround, but i have no confirmation on that
    speculation is the entire month of October

also, hearing that if you bought a card from somewhere other then walmart or walmart.com that you can contact google customer service and they will reward the promotion, not confirmed
  • scuba wrote: »
    Guys. This promo has nothing to do with CG/EA. The issue here is apple's refusal to match the google promo.
    If you want to be angry at someone, please direct your anger towards the Apple customer service line. Apple is well known for firmly adhearing to their premium pricing model and not allowing discounts. If enough players make it clear to apple that they are disappointed they may be inclined to work with EA in the future, but blaming CG/EA is the wrong move here.

I feel like a broken record here... How exactly does a deal between Google, Wal-Mart and EA/CG have nothing to do with EA/CG? They had to approve this deal and accept whatever money exchanged hands. They've adopted this business model and marketing "strategy."

You can still blame Apple for not engaging in this particular activity but ultimately it's up to EA/CG to even allow this sort of thing to happen. It's their game and if they wanted an even playing field they could tell google to shove it. Like I said above, that may not even be in their best interest and there's no judgement coming from me, but people need to be realistic about what's going on here.

Who said they want all even playing field....

Oh my god. OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T! Nobody said they did! I'm saying that IF they did, they'd act differently! Holy ****
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Why would Apple participate when they are the parent company, control of stocks, for Disney. That makes no sense to blame EA for this.
  • Don't forget about wedge, Android got Biggs. That was a enormous difference in that power meta that was Wiggs, and lasted a long time.

Some would argue, that with Biggs you get access to the probably most used and one of the best ship at all.

Lololl what like a year later? Biggs is a gw character, wedge is cantina node (at the time). iOS had a huge advantage there. Quit crying ios users.
  • How such forum post go off topic slowly always amuses me.

Companies may make promotions. Some of those may be limited to some countries. I have no issues with that.

But in a new shard, for a non established roster, 7star rey is a very big addition. Resistance is non arguably best tank and tb team now. Rey is except bb8/r2 hardest farm for resistance. I have new level 68 alt now, and rey is really very good in arena at that level. For players at that level of game progress, this promotion is very punishing if they are at wrong platform, or country and if they were at wrong store while purchasing gift cards, thx to poor communication.

In a day one shard, for an established roster, the gifts given with this promotion won't be game breaking. Or wouldn't be, if gifts were one time only. Do the math for yourself, but basically they are offering a 100 usd Vault for 50 usd. Ppl got the gifts multiple times. I don't know whether there is a limit to this.

This is alarming. There shouldnt be such a promotion or sales in worldwide game like swgoh limited to platform, country and store. Platform specific discussions are irrelevant imo, you all got biggs and wedge now, or poe and phasma. All ios users got k2 from gwar, and it never became useful for anything before it is given to ios players.

But we are talking about a permanent advantage here, worth of upto 50 usd with every purchase. We won't have %50 sales worldwide soon I guess so could we please hear from devs what is happening?
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »

Lololl what like a year later? Biggs is a gw character, wedge is cantina node (at the time). iOS had a huge advantage there. Quit crying ios users.

Huh? This promotion came with the ship when ships were released. So yes, iOS was a better deal for new players who got Wedge unlocked free for arena, since they were meta then. For long time players Wedge would have already been maxed so Biggs was the better deal because it came with his ship, the most used in the game, which wouldn't have been maxed because it has just come out.
  • Darksouls2020
    368 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Andriod
    Went to walmart.com and order $10 X 3 (One At a time) was able to get 4* Rey + 750 crystal 3 times.
    Did $10 X 1 on the fourth one did NOT get reward. Possible the limite is 3 or 3 per day not sure.
  • I wonder how many people are creating new accounts now so they can start off with a 7* Rey from the beginning.
  • Huh? This promotion came with the ship when ships were released. So yes, iOS was a better deal for new players who got Wedge unlocked free for arena, since they were meta then. For long time players Wedge would have already been maxed so Biggs was the better deal because it came with his ship, the most used in the game, which wouldn't have been maxed because it has just come out.

Exactly. Wedge was maybe the better toon, but biggs was the better ship. What was the better deal depends on your preferences.
  • Never forget K2SO rage.

But in all seriousness, you can't blame CG for taking money from these outside companies for advertising, it would be silly for them not to do it. However, you can (and in my opinion, should) blame them for not just owning it and explaining what the promotion is up front. It is silly to have a promotion and then make users find out about it on their own. I wonder if the sponsoring companies are aware that there is no marketing for the advertising they are purchasing. You also can, and again should, blame CG for spending valuable developer time creating and implementing these promotions which only affect a fraction of the playerbase. For this event there was not a lot of "content" created for it, but look at the K2 promotion where an entire new event was created, potentially tested, and coded into the game. All of that time could have been spent making a ships event, or fixing bugs, or working on tb stuff, or anything else.
  • Deal seems to be dead.
  • It was free advertising for CG. Walmart is the partner that should have been advertising it, since they were the only company activly making sales.
    Cg isnt making money unless the player uses the card to buy crystals. All cg did was provide the "kicker" of free digital goods.
    You cant blame them there, they are just promiting their game. Just like any other company that gives something away free with a purchase.
    No one is mad at gaming studios when they bundle an exclusive game into a console package.
  • Is this deal still going? If so can you please let us know the end date & if there is a limit on how many times it can be redeemed. This sounds like a great deal & I dont want to miss out on it. @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Kozispoon
  • Apple doesn't participate in these types of promotions. Can't blame anyone else other than your phone manufacturer.
This discussion has been closed.