Probably a dumb question but...

Are we going to get Phoenix packs in the Store for the "surprise" Thrawn event.

I have 4/6 members at 7 star (Zeb, Chopper, Kanan, Sabine) and Ezra at 18/100 and Hera at 0/100.

Been farming Hoth Han (just got him to 7 this morning) so my energy was going there, expecting Thrawn to show up a week from tomorrow (as is normal for Legendary start days) not this Saturday.

Which is fine, I suppose, if we get packs for Phoenix.

Anyone know for sure? Devs?
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• Probably. What a waste of money it would be, if not.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    I would say it's highly likely, but I don't know 100%.
  • Yeah, I assume they would but the event is alreay upon us and there's nothing in the store as of yet.

Obviously I wouldn't be spending a ton of money, since I'm close to finishing up, but I'm sure some people would be. Seems like it would be a waste of an opportunity for them to make some money.

Betting on yes, but would like to know for sure.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I don't think so. They probably would have launched them by now. I don't think they have ever started offering packs during the event.

I don't think they have even offered packs for the recurrence of a legendary event. Usually first time only.
  • I would bet on it. They do ‘surprise’ events like this so people who thought it wasn’t going to happen will buy the rest of the materials they need. Otherwise the events would be pointless, it’s how they make their money on this game.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Lol! Back to back comments that contradict each other.

Nice.

I'm still betting on yes. Hoping for yes.
  • They still need to do an update for the Phoenix Zeta's. Probably will also add some booster packs.
  • If Phoenix was not so horrible to gear..
  • Ranger78 wrote: »
    They still need to do an update for the Phoenix Zeta's. Probably will also add some booster packs.

This is also my thinking. Wish a Dev would confirm one way or another.

I need a total of 182 shards in 9 days. Panic farming Old Ben for CLS I was netting about 20-26 shards of him a day (with 3 cantina energy refreshes). Should be close.

Unless they drop the packs, it'll be a photo finish.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind a pack, I need chopper and Hera yet to 7*
  • I think after this thrawn event it will be like palp and yoda. R2 is scheduled for the end of the month. So I think it will be every other month.
  • I think after this thrawn event it will be like palp and yoda. R2 is scheduled for the end of the month. So I think it will be every other month.

I heard, from a very reliable source who said Thrawn would be back in October right after his first appearance, that he wouldn't be back until March.

Take that for what it's worth, but he's in my guild and said it without question that Thrawn would be here in October and here he is.
  • ****. That stinks then lol.
  • ****. That stinks then lol.

Yeah, that would suck. But as of now, without packs or double drops, I have a slight chance to get him.
  • You know what sucks more? rebels are needed to unlock 4 out of 5 lightside unlocks. Jedi unlock the other, and DS only gets two unlocks. They don't care that their lopsided favoritism is so out in the open
  • You know what sucks more? rebels are needed to unlock 4 out of 5 lightside unlocks. Jedi unlock the other, and DS only gets two unlocks. They don't care that their lopsided favoritism is so out in the open

Agreed. And NOW we need ONLY Rebel ships to unlock Thrawn's Capital ship. Two of which are the cartoon ships, and one of which BARELY became farmable...if you can call it that.