The Road Ahead (MEGA)

Prev1345678
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited October 2017
<<DEV ANNOUNCEMENT>>
<<Road Ahead Blog>>

Hiya Holotable heroes,
In the past month and a half Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes has had some exciting additions to the game. We’ve seen players’ determination and total domination in getting Commander Luke Skywalker, conquering Territory Battles, and acquiring Gear XII.

We are seeing many different strategies as guilds are figuring out how to maximize their star count. If you’re not currently in a guild, or if your guild is feeling too small to take on the Territory Battle challenge, we strongly recommend you join up with other players to make your guild as large and powerful as possible.Territory Battles is just the beginning of the type of epic guild activities coming down the road.
Territory Battle Cadence and Rewards
pkkxwkt4zet4.jpg

We recently announced that Territory Battles are going to continue to last for six days, and will then be followed by a four-day cooldown before starting again. As we mentioned in this post it became clear that we needed to give guilds a longer break between Territory Battles. As always, we will evaluate the schedule based on data, player feedback, and player participation needs. To compliment this change, we’ve increased the reward payout from Territory Battles, as well as added three new Special Missions for additional rewards. As always, we are constantly iterating on features. We’re looking into some other places for players to earn Gear XII. We are also considering providing some better tools for Guild Leaders and Officers to manage how their guild plays Territory Battles.
In the coming months, we are going to be introducing a second Territory Battle map. Our newest Territory Battle is from the point of view of the dark side. Both maps will allow deployment of all troops. We’ll have more details very soon.

The Next Step in Guild Battles… is versus other Guilds
62u077qivdvo.png

We are very excited to announce that after Territory Battles, we are working on the next step in Guild Battles… something we are calling Territory Wars. The initial Territory War map will take place on the Planet Jakku.
This mode will bear some similarities to Territory Battles, but instead of your Guild playing against the game, you’ll be competing against other Guilds. In this mode, you will play both a defensive and offensive game, one in which you must determine which parts of your collection you think will stand and fight for your territories and which you want to take down your opponents.
Both guilds will compete to see who gets the most territories, so strategy is key. Be prepared for anything in this Guild vs. Guild strategy competition!
We’ll be talking more about Territory Wars in the upcoming month, so keep an eye out. In the meantime, make sure you’re guilded up (using our new Guild Search functionality) are well-practiced on Territory Battles, and have several squads/fleets that are ready to battle other players.
Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™
Our first character from Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ will be making an appearance before the movie comes out in December. This is going to be a variant of a character that fans of Star Wars are already familiar with, so stay tuned for more details.

October brings a lot of exciting events and content for Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players!
Ships
i3jovv4nwnl2.jpg

First up, we start the month with big news in ships! Grand Admiral Thrawn’s Capital Ship, Chimaera, is being added to the game in the first ship Legendary event – and it goes all the way to 7 stars. With this addition, the other Capital Ships (Home One, Executrix, and Endurance) can also be leveled up to 7 stars in a new event, Fleet Mastery. This event series will return monthly and give players a chance to earn blueprints to bring their Capital Ships to 7 stars.
Also, some highly sought-after ships are making their way into the Cantina; so keep an eye out for their locations. Finally, we are changing the reward structure for Fleet Arena. We’re still working out the details, but we are hoping to make competition at the top end more… rewarding.
Nightsisters
October will also see one of our more popular factions get a much-requested update. We’re introducing several new Nightsister characters, so be on the lookout for their events. Finally, we’re going to end the month with a spirited, seasonal event; let’s see what else we can dig up with the Nightsisters.

Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes & Google Play Gift Cards
This holiday season, we’ve teamed up with Google to give Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players up to a $50 in-game bonus with the purchase of Google Play gift cards. These in-game bonuses include Rey from Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ as well as Crystals. In the weeks ahead, you should start to see Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes branded Google Play gift card kiosks at major retailers around the world, so keep an eye out for them.
Finally, on behalf of the entire team here at Capital Games, we want to express our gratitude to our players. With your continued participation, support, and feedback we will work hard to bring a bigger and better experience to the most successful Star Wars mobile game in history.
And as always, we’ll see you on the Holotables!

<<Road Ahead Blog>>

Replies

• Nightsister rework and new releases, territory wars, fleet legendary event, last jedi character, 7 star capital ships, "highly sought after" ships going to cantina, dark side territory battle.

Pretty much a lot of the stuff we asked for confirmed
  • interesting stuff. Hopefully matchmaking on the guild v guild takes into account relative power. A extremely one sided battle would be frustrating
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    To clarify -
    the Fleet mastery events will be monthly.
    The Chimaera is a legendary event which, as always, will be extremely rare.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Tons of great stuff that was well communicated. Gotta love it.
  • TyloRen wrote: »
    [
    Nightsisters
    October will also see one of our more popular factions get a much-requested update. We’re introducing several new Nightsister characters, so be on the lookout for their events. Finally, we’re going to end the month with a spirited, seasonal event; let’s see what else we can dig up with the Nightsisters.
    Nightsisters are one of the more popular factions? More popular than tuskens maybe but I'm not even sure about that. I wouldn't be surprised if the are the least popular faction.

• I will put it in writing now. GvG is a terrible idea and could wreck the game. HAAT started the guild purges/recruiting wars, TB has made it 10x worse...GvG could make it 100x worse.

If they are going to implement this, it better have a lot of boxes/parameters around it.
  • Orfy
    34 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon - No love for iOS? :frowning:
  • Awesome stuff but I have to point out...are QOL ever coming? This game needs QOL galore more then anything right now.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    As the "Road ahead" post confirms the new Guild vs Guild game mode, I just wanted to say that the time requirements for this games are growing very quickly, and I am afraid that this is a bad thing for a mobile game.

The game already forces you to login at specific times to ensure the best resource collection. On top of that, it requires you to complete a lot of activities if you wish to remain competitive.

Arena basically forces you to do 5 battles before your payout time, which locks an entire hour.

Fleet Arena is another hour. Keep in mind that they wish to rework the Fleet Arena payouts to make the top rewards more impactful, which means you will need to do your 5 daily battles to compete.

Raids take a lot of time if you wish to have a decent score. Though Autos are possible, they require some very specific characters (Basically CLS for Rancor).

GW easily takes up to 1 hour if you're unlucky and have to face multiple CLS G12 teams, which is often the case. Retreating and starting over waiting for the right RNG is a pain for anyone, and is very time-consuming.

TB also take up to 30 minutes depending on the phase/your teams. It's also a nightmare for guild leaders and officers, though they plan to address it.

The devs have basically been adding new content without making previous content more available or quicker to complete.
    Unless the new GvG system rotates with TB, I am afraid this will require another big chunk of our time.

This remains a mobile game and should not force you to play 3 or 4 hours on a daily basis.

There are several things that could be changed to make the game less time-consuming:

- Make GW shorter, either by reducing the number of nodes or tune down the difficulty.

- Change the Arena and Fleet Arena systems to register the best rank attained during the day instead of making it time-based.

- Unlikely, but changing the Raid rewards structure to simply reward each member with the same loot regardless of their damage would allow many people to simply pass on Raids if they don't want to participate.

- x8 Speed for battles

- Bronzium 8-packs

These are only some ideas to make the game more enjoyable, as it can be very frustrating to miss on some activities.
  • Im really excited about coming content! And thanks for rework of nightsisters, there is a lot of us, who love them :)
  • Great update! Nice job devs!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    feälóke wrote: »
    Im really excited about coming content! And thanks for rework of nightsisters, there is a lot of us, who love them :)

Agreed. I know I'm personally excited for what's in store for the sisters myself!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    To clarify -

Is the 10 day TB cooldown permanent now? It’s pretty bad and not many like it. The increased TB rewards don’t matter when they’re only every ten days.. and any hope for free stuff for iOS? I’m sorry but you guys have lost all trust I had by dropping the ball on pretty much everything so far and it feels like the games gonna die. I know a lot of ppl who used to whale and don’t anymore because they don’t think it’ll be around for much longer.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I feel like I have to ask... will dark side characters be usable in territory wars or will they be completely excluded in this mode as well?
  • Super informative. A lot a lot of stuff packed in there.
    Light saber Rey or old man Luke? My crystals are on rey.
    Mother Talzin and the Luce.
    Do Ghost and Phantom take on a Star Destroyer?
    A lot of framing and upgrading to do. Was hoping ds tb would be further in the future.
    Any news on Rukh?
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    THRAWN :heart::heart:
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Orfy wrote: »

@CG_Kozispoon - No love for iOS?
  • Iyaoyas wrote: »
    Orfy wrote: »

@CG_Kozispoon - No love for iOS?
    I think it has to do more with @ apple no love for swgoh ?
  • Banth wrote: »
    To clarify -

Is the 10 day TB cooldown permanent now? It’s pretty bad and not many like it. The increased TB rewards don’t matter when they’re only every ten days.. and any hope for free stuff for iOS? I’m sorry but you guys have lost all trust I had by dropping the ball on pretty much everything so far and it feels like the games gonna die. I know a lot of ppl who used to whale and don’t anymore because they don’t think it’ll be around for much longer.

It's a 4 day cool down.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Those with wives/husbands, wait for the divorce papers coming soon. You’ll be spending all your time playing this game. Lol

nah, i play mostly at work :tongue:
  • Those with wives/husbands, wait for the divorce papers coming soon. You’ll be spending all your time playing this game. Lol

I came here to say the exact same thing.

New content is great and this game becomes more and more fun BUT you have to take into account the amount of time it takes to do everything each day. It is an INSANE amount of time.

Took me 40 minutes JUST for TB Phase 3 today and I still need to do Arena/GW/Fleet Arena/Both Raids and so on...

TB was/is a GREAT addition to the game but each battle takes forever and with this new stuff you guys are coming up with we will be spending 3 to 4 hours a day on this game and this is crazy.

Please rework old content to be faster (IE: GW and HAAT) and try, at least think about it, of making each TB phase a bit quicker.

Overall, great job, the game has been evolving beautifully this last year.
  • Just link you your account to an Android emulator. Easy peasy
  • MrPosz
    127 posts Member
    So according to this

"Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™
    Our first character from Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ will be making an appearance before the movie comes out in December. This is going to be a variant of a character that fans of Star Wars are already familiar with, so stay tuned for more details."

We will get a character from The Last Jedi in december. Any ideas who it will be? As they said it will be variaton of character we already know... then it might be Luke?
  • As an iOS user, what's the best way for me to get in on this deal? Can I play on an android emulator and somehow get the accounts linked?
  • RookieGunner
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2017
  • All great but... just... do NOT lock away new stuff in GvG

Go take a long look around the failed mobile games, when high powered exclusive content is walled up behind GvG it starts a domino effect that shrinks games down to where the whales don't have anyone to lord over any more.

That's all. "Those who fail history.." and all.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Just link you your account to an Android emulator. Easy peasy

Your existing account is already locked to an OS.
  • Luke, rey, kylo or very unlikely but rust2d2