Content Update 10/4/2017 (MEGA)

Prev13456789
LocalHero
146 posts Member
edited October 2017
<<Original Dev Post>>
CHIMAERA ARRIVES
kt3n13rgvzg7.png
The Artist of War returns and introduces the first 7-Star Capital Ship to the Galaxy of Heroes. In our first ever Legendary Ship Event, band together with the heroes of Rebels(TM) and other pilots from the Rebellion to meet this Imperial challenge in Lothal space and earn blueprints of the Chimaera!
Can you emerge victorious once more against Grand Admiral Thrawn?
  • Recommended Level: 60+
  • Required Ships: Ghost, Phantom II, Rebel Ships.
  • Required Capital Ship: Home One.
  • Launch the GHOST, PHANTOM II, and REBEL ships and battle the legendary flagship of Grand Admiral Thrawn, the CHIMAERA! Succeed and earn Blueprints for the Chimaera!
For more information on this new Empire Capital Ships kit, please see our Strategy Guide post <<HERE>>

FLEET MASTERY EVENT
Power up your existing 6- star Capital Ships to 7- star in these 3 different events!
  • Home One Fleet Mastery (Requires Light Side Ships).
  • Endurance Fleet Mastery (Requires Light Side Ships).
  • Executrix Fleet Mastery (Requires Dark Side Ships).
Please enjoy the new achievements that have been added to further celebrate your mastery of your fleet.
Achievements:
Home One
  • Name: It's a Trap!
  • Own a 7-Star Home One Capital Ship.
Executrix
  • Name: The Tarkin Doctrine
  • Own a 7-Star Executrix Capital Ship.
Endurance
  • Name: Protector of the Peace
  • Own a 7-Star Endurance Capital Ship.

FLEET ARENA REWARDS UPDATED
The top 20 spots in Fleet Arena now have a crystal reward.

DOUBLE DROPS- GHOST AND PHANTOM II
1116myj4kqtk.png
Bolster your forces and prepare for Chimaera with double drops on Ghost and Phantom II! Earn extra shards for the Ghost and Phantom II from Ship nodes from 10/07/2017 to 10/09/2017

PHOENIX SQUAD GETS ZETA-ED
Our Phoenix Squadron rises from the ashes stronger and with new abilities! Check out your Phoenix Squadron characters and review their new Zeta ability upgrades via the Character Strategy post <<HERE>>.

NEW SHIP LOCATIONS
TIE Reaper, Cassian's U-wing, Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, and Millennium Falcon (Ep. VII) are now available in the Cantina! In addition to a special, limited time bundle now available in the store, these four rare ships are now farmable in the following locations:
  • TIE Reaper - Light Side Hard 9-B.
  • Cassian's U-wing - Cantina Battles Shipment Store when Ship feature unlocks.
  • Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle - Light Side Hard 9-A.
  • Millennium Falcon (Ep VII) - Dark Side Hard 5-D.

PACKS AND BUNDLES
Phoenix Marquee Bundle Reactivation
With the resurgence of the Artist of War, our Phoenix Squadron heroes must be ready! Power up your Squad with bundles for Kanan, Hera, Chopper, Sabine, Ezra, and Zeb which will be active from 10/05/2017 until 10/15/2017. These are reactivations of our previous Marquee bundles; so any previously purchased bundles will not appear for you.

Freedom Fighter Faction Pack
Power up your Rebel Ships with the Freedom Fighter Faction Pack. Each Pack awards one card of Ship Blueprints for Rebel Ships.
Possible characters:
  • Ghost
  • Phantom II
  • Cassian's U-wing
  • Bistan's U-wing
  • Biggs Darklighter's X-wing
  • Wedge Antilles' X-wing
Maximum 10 purchases per day.
Minimum Level: 60+ and unlock the Ship feature.

Freedom Fighter Ultimate Bundle
Power up your Rebel Ships to help unlock Chimaera! This bundle includes Ship Blueprints for all Rebel Ships and materials to immediately level up ships!
Pack Contents:
  • Ship Blueprints:
    • Ghost x60
    • Phantom II x60
    • Cassian's U-Wing x80
    • Bistan's U-Wing x60
    • Biggs' X-Wing x25
    • Wedge's X-Wing x25
  • Ship Credits: 3,000,000
  • Enhancement Droids: 5* x60
  • Ship Reinforcements Bundle
Maximum 1 Purchase.
Minimum Level: 60+ and unlock the Ship feature.

Reinforcements Bundle
Several ships are now being released to the Cantina! Power up your journey with a bundle containing TIE Reaper, Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, Cassian's U-wing, and Millennium Falcon (Episode VII) blueprints!
Pack Contents:
  • Ship Blueprints:
    • Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle x30
    • Millennium Falcon (Ep. 7) x30
    • Cassian's U-Wing x30
    • TIE Reaper x30
  • Ship Credits: 3,000,000
  • Enhancement Droids: 5* x40

Scoundrel Faction Pack & Mega Pack
The Scoundrel Faction Pack & Mega-Pack are now live for this credit heist and for all future credit heists!
Pack Contents:
  • Cards: 1
  • 1 shard cards
  • Card 1 - one of the following:
    • Boba Fett
    • Cad Bane
    • Captain Han Solo
    • Clone Wars Chewbacca
    • Dengar
    • Gamorrean Guard
    • Greedo
    • IG-88
    • Lando Calrissian
    • Mob Enforcer
    • Nute Gunray
    • Stormtrooper Han
    • Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca
    • Veteran Smuggler Han
    • Zam Wesell
Megapack Contents:
  • Cards: 6
  • 6 shard cards
  • Cards 1-5 - one of the following:
    • Boba Fett
    • Cad Bane
    • Captain Han Solo
    • Clone Wars Chewbacca
    • Dengar
    • Gamorrean Guard
    • Greedo
    • IG-88
    • Lando Calrissian
    • Mob Enforcer
    • Nute Gunray
    • Stormtrooper Han
    • Zam Wesell
  • BONUS SHARD CARD - 1 of the following:
    • Veteran Smuggler Han
    • Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca

HOME ONE Pack (Admiral Ackbar’s Capital Ship)
Power up Home One, Admiral Ackbar's Rebel Capital Ship! This pack of Ship Blueprints is only available to players who have unlocked a 6* Home One via Capital Ship Challenges.
Each pack guarantees at least 10 blueprints for Home One and may award up to 100 BLUEPRINTS!

Executrix Pack (Grand Moff Tarkin’s Capital Ship)
Power up the Executrix, Grand Moff Tarkin's Empire Capital Ship! This pack of Ship Blueprints is only available to players who have unlocked a 6* Executrix via Capital Ship Challenges.
Each pack guarantees at least 10 blueprints for the Executrix and may award up to 100 BLUEPRINTS!

Endurance Pack (Mace Windu’s Capital Ship)
Power up the Endurance, Mace Windu's Galactic Republic Capital Ship! This pack of Ship Blueprints is only available to players who have unlocked a 6* Endurance via Capital Ship Challenges.
Each pack guarantees at least 10 blueprints for the Endurance and may award up to 100 BLUEPRINTS!

BUGS
Characters
  • Barriss Offee: "Swift Recovery" will no longer dispel debuffs when defeated by Damage Over Time effects on her turn.
  • Captain Phasma: Zeta upgrade on "Fire at Will" will now grant Advantage to First Order units at the start of each encounter.
  • Chopper: The ability description of "Metal Menace" now correctly states that the Stun on Droid enemies can’t be evaded.
  • Clone Sergeant Phase I: Critical Chance from "Concentrated Fire" will now stack with other sources of Critical Chance.
  • Ezra Bridger: "Flourish" will now correctly not reduce in cooldown when attacking enemies with Special Buffs.
  • Ezra Bridger: Ezra will now correctly get all of his attacks and bonus attacks when Aayla Secura calls Ezra to Assist after Ezra used Watch and Learn on her.
  • Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum): Upgrade 2 of "Meditate" will now grant the correct amount of Turn Meter.
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn: "Manipulate" will now correctly inflict Ability Block under Director Krennic lead.
  • Grand Master Yoda: Foresight from Grand Master Yoda will now expire on the first instance of an attack rather than after a series of assist attacks are evaded.
  • Hera Syndulla: Damage bonus from "Play To Strength" will now stack with bonus Offense from other sources.
  • Sith Trooper: Taunt from "Vaiken's Legacy" will no longer be ignored by countering units.
Ships
  • First Order TIE Fighter: Fixed a bug that could cause "Relentless Pursuit" to not grant the correct amount of Turn Meter.
  • Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle: "Advanced Jamming Array" will now correctly remove Turn Meter from enemies.
  • Rex's ARC-170: "Republic Coordination" no longer incorrectly counts itself or the Capital Ship for the cooldown reduction.
Gear
  • Fixed typo in the Mk 12 ArmaTek Medpac Salvage to instead say Mk 12 ArmaTek Medpac Prototype Salvage

WHAT'S AHEAD
Nightsisters get us into the spirit of October.

Chimaera Requirements
CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
  • Requires Home One Capital Ship, Ghost, Phantom 2, and any 3 other Rebel ships.
  • Just as with all other Legendary events, each tier requires increasing star-rarity units.
  • Chimaera can be unlocked after Tier 5 (5-Star units), and yes, tier 7 does require all 7-Star units including Home One.
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Options
    The pass may not even be released yet, but I dont even care about the details, I'm just happythat they're finally getting their faction pass. My devotion to the clan is Undying, and I've spent many resources on this faction, only to be disappointed, until now.

So, I did this, I double zetad ventress, Brought her to gear 12, and topped it all off by using her in arena with some of my best mods. I'm pretty sure I'm the first person to have a g12, DOUBLE ZETAD Ventress (yes I know the massive krakens have her G12, but not zetad :D .)
    Screenshot_20171004-180714.png

Hopefully this faction pass doesn't disappoint, because there are a LOT of characters (I.E. Raid Han) who could've also used those 2 cuffs and 2 mk 8 biotech implants. (least she didn't need any Carbs or stun guns)
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    :D
  • Options
    N1c0 wrote: »
    :D

:o ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    You know, I'm actually happy that they are reworking nightsisters. I actually started out with farming ventress when I began the game, but then she became so obselete once I passed 800 in arena rank. Hopefully nightsisters will be good after this.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I have her passive zeta and gear 11. I'd be hesitant to zeta her lead, as Talzin might be released and become the intended NS lead.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    I have her passive zeta and gear 11. I'd be hesitant to zeta her lead, as Talzin might be released and become the intended NS lead.

Tbh, when I first zetad Ventress Many months ago, when the rework was stated to be "on their calendar", I honestly zetad her lead by accident... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Nothing I can do now, Least It'll have a use in a few weeks.
  • Options
    You know, I'm actually happy that they are reworking nightsisters. I actually started out with farming ventress when I began the game, but then she became so obselete once I passed 800 in arena rank. Hopefully nightsisters will be good after this.

Yeah, My full nightsister team at G10 made it to rank 50, then Palpatine came, and Rekt Everything over a year ago.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Don't want to pop your bubble, but it'll probably be comparable to the General Veers / Trooper rework / new Ewoks. Just sayin' :|
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Don't want to pop your bubble, but it'll probably be as eventful / as useful as the General Veers / Trooper rework. Just sayin. :| :

Tell that to the guy reaching top ten on my shard with those guys under thrawn lead, ahnilates the zarriss teams, and does pretty well against my rebel teams (ironically, I use ventress' dispel to beat that team)
  • Options
    I guess u guys were listening after all. After all of the announcement today how could one complain? I don't know how but pretty sure it going to start about now. Hats off to u all and whales buy those packs.
  • Options
    I'm confused about what this means: "Cassian's U-wing - Cantina Battles Shipment Store when Ship feature unlocks.". Is there a new ship feature? Or does this just mean it won't show up I the cantina shop until your account unlocks Ships in game?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Great stuff, great stuff
  • Options
    MikGnoma wrote: »
    I'm confused about what this means: "Cassian's U-wing - Cantina Battles Shipment Store when Ship feature unlocks.". Is there a new ship feature? Or does this just mean it won't show up I the cantina shop until your account unlocks Ships in game?

It means it won't appear for you until you unlock the ships feature.

Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    Wow Phoenix and rebel ships to get the Chimera. Way to screw ds users over again.
  • Options
    Wait a minute, were is the fifth Han Solo, Carbonite Han, to complete my Han team and where is another version of Falcon to be the requirement of Chimaera? I want them so bad! /sarcasm
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    That sounds like a dare.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Edit - I'm not good at counting months
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Wow Phoenix and rebel ships to get the Chimera. Way to screw ds users over again.

Don't worry, Chimaera won't help in territory battles anyway...

And it's rebel ships specifically so take that Rex and 5's!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Yesac wrote: »
    This seems like a silly thing to say, but I'm stunned that r2 is coming back this month. We had to wait 6 months for Thrawn's return.
    Thrawn returned in under 4 months. Mid-June to early-October.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    I'm fine with the chimera's requirements.
  • Options
    I appreciate that CG actually listened and made the unfarmable ships farmable.

Though now I wonder, is Thrawn's event retuned to require the Phoenix zeta for 7*?
  • Options
    I don't understand why You'd put the ship in AFTER the BB8 event. What was the holdup?
  • Options
    Wow just wow! Phoenix and rebel ships to get the Chimera. I have Wedge, **** and both Phoenix at 7* and geared up are you telling me I also have to have one of the two U-Wings? I worked my tail off and gave up a lot of zetas to get those Phoenix at 7*. This is extremely disappointing if that is the requirement.
  • Options
    I don't understand why You'd put the ship in AFTER the BB8 event. What was the holdup?

So you can spend more to farm the ship for the inevitable LS/TLJ ship Legendary event. At least they put the ship shards on the same node as one of the crew...
  • Options
    RunSilent wrote: »
    I appreciate that CG actually listened and made the unfarmable ships farmable.

Though now I wonder, is Thrawn's event retuned to require the Phoenix zeta for 7*?

There have not been any changes to the Artist of War event.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    This seems like a silly thing to say, but I'm stunned that r2 is coming back this month. We had to wait 6 months for Thrawn's return.
    Thrawn returned in under 4 months. Mid-June to early-October.

Oh man. Palm to face. Maybe it just felt like 6 months.

• Options
    chimera requires ghost and phantom?
  • Options
    This seems like a silly thing to say, but I'm stunned that r2 is coming back this month. We had to wait 6 months for Thrawn's return. Meanwhile, R2 came back in August and now again in October? Why?

I don't begrudge other players getting R2, but it seems unbalanced to prioritize some toons. I wanted Thrawn back right away. We had two weeks to farm a whole new faction. No one was "ready" when event dropped. I thought four months? Nope. 5 months? Nope. But r2 again?

When did June to October become 6 months?
  • Options
    hmm
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    chimera requires ghost and phantom?

we needed pheonix for thrawn so it's not that surprising. What im concerned about is how many rebel ships we need as including the ghost and phantom there are only 6 total and one just now is going farmable
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    This seems like a silly thing to say, but I'm stunned that r2 is coming back this month. We had to wait 6 months for Thrawn's return. Meanwhile, R2 came back in August and now again in October? Why?

I don't begrudge other players getting R2, but it seems unbalanced to prioritize some toons. I wanted Thrawn back right away. We had two weeks to farm a whole new faction. No one was "ready" when event dropped. I thought four months? Nope. 5 months? Nope. But r2 again?

When did June to October become 6 months?

Only in my mind.