Content Update 10/4/2017 (MEGA)

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm happy to see ships getting a healthy update, but is it just me or has the game been pushing us to spend more and more money as time goes on? It's moving further and further away from that healthy balance it was when I began 15 months ago... The late notices on things to presumably generate that rush spending is also quite frustrating to me.
  • The way they require the complete opposite characters of what is achieved so sucks.

Will we need 6* ackbar too?
    --Nud Stark--
  • I worked my **** off and had all of Phoenix squad maxed out, except for chopper. Now I have to go an re get one ability just because you made it a zeta. Why. Will I get my 5 yellow material back. This is very cruel.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    What is Cassian's ship required for? Thought it was just Ghost and Phantom II (and whatever rebels) needed to unlock Thrawn's ship?

Farming Ghost and Phantom II shards at the same time from the fleet store took me roughly 5 months to 7*. Sounds like you got about a month or two to go if you just stick with fleet shipments. Nodes might speed it up a bit, but I never bothered.

Good luck.
  • Nojow
    24 posts Member
    Mjp191 wrote: »
    I worked my **** off and had all of Phoenix squad maxed out, except for chopper. Now I have to go an re get one ability just because you made it a zeta. Why. Will I get my 5 yellow material back. This is very cruel.
    The amount of people who don't realize the abilities that got zetas were capped at level 7 and come to complain on the forums is very unsettling
  • And on top of all that, double drop on hard nodes are useless cuz we have such a few attempts anyway. Even refreshing twice wont get me nearly close enough.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Two days' hard node double drop does very little help to us
  • gannnon22
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    gannnon22 wrote: »
    hmm
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    chimera requires ghost and phantom?

we needed pheonix for thrawn so it's not that surprising. What im concerned about is how many rebel ships we need as including the ghost and phantom there are only 6 total and one just now is going farmable

No, the actual verifiable favoritism by design for rebels factions d lightside in general being needed to unlock 5 out of 7 legendary content. It's uncanny they mock darkside fans with this. Apparently the path to the darkside is through the lightside, I wish they would have put that in the terms of service so I didn't waste time on darkside when all I needed is LS to unlock it.

oh yeah i'm not happy about the constant need for lightside and release of lightside to dark. And also vader was a jedi before becoming a sith so i dunno :(
  • They gave the most brilliant Empire Navy commander, Grand Admiral Thrawn (Mitt'raw'naruodo) his capital ship! And his event is back at last! Someone post a "I have been looking forward to this" Dooku meme. All Star Wars nerds congregate here to discuss his potential. Haters gonna hate.
  • Ship looks too be all kinds of interesting to use. Def counting the hours til we can try it out
  • gannnon22
    69 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Winstar wrote: »
    What is Cassian's ship required for? Thought it was just Ghost and Phantom II (and whatever rebels) needed to unlock Thrawn's ship?

Farming Ghost and Phantom II shards at the same time from the fleet store took me roughly 5 months to 7*. Sounds like you got about a month or two to go if you just stick with fleet shipments. Nodes might speed it up a bit, but I never bothered.

Good luck.

well cassians is a rebel ship so that why the wondering if he is needed since we dont know how many total ships are required for the event
  • So is the chinaera like a legendary event? That it comes and goes and you can only obtain it’s shard when the event is out?
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Can't wait to try it. Hoping I can muster a team of Rebel ships in time. If not, I know what ships I'll be farming for the foreseeable future! :)
  • To clarify -
    the Fleet mastery events will be monthly.
    The Chimaera is a legendary event which, as always, will be extremely rare.

That's what it sounds like
  • Why only 3 days? Hard nodes are already a pain to farm and we only have 1 node each and farming them on fleet store is equally or even more unreliable. Please let us have double drop from now till the end of the event.
  • Hexzell
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So it looks like the new Phoenix zetas have replaced their old omega abilities. That's fine and all, but considering the omega shortage, is there any chance we could be refunded the 30 omegas we wasted on those abilities?

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    Hmmm that's not an unreasonable request
  • I omega there uniques so not sure if that was touch.
  • None of the abilities that received a zeta, required one has previously....
  • Omegas*
  • "The top 20 spots in Fleet Arena now have a crystal reward."

Needs to be changed to:

"The top 20 WHALES in Fleet Arena now have a crystal reward."
  • darthnemesis1
    47 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    MikGnoma wrote: »
    I'm confused about what this means: "Cassian's U-wing - Cantina Battles Shipment Store when Ship feature unlocks.". Is there a new ship feature? Or does this just mean it won't show up I the cantina shop until your account unlocks Ships in game?

It means it won't appear for you until you unlock the ships feature.

@CG_CapGaSP Does that mean that we have to unlock the cassian ship from guild event store or from data cards and when we unlock its feature at lvl 50 then we can promote it to 7 stars from cantina battle store? Also for the legendary event Do we need those rebels ships at 5 stars to unlock chimaera or 4 stars ?

• Nymet83 wrote: »
    None of the abilities that received a zeta, required one has previously....

Now seems like a great time to start. They've never zetaed a full team all at once like this either.
  • Nojow
    24 posts Member
    They didn't replace any omega abilities
  • BigBP
    63 posts Member
    Agreed.
  • Expect store pack for $$$
  • So, at least I didn't even know there was going to be a new capital ship any time soon. And now we only have 4 days to star ghost and phantom?

If I knew I would have been farming this ships before. We should have gotten at least 2 weeks notice IMO. Does anyone know if there will be special ship packs?
  • According to the update notes, there will be packs.
  • This is ridiculous. Unless you had foresight how would you know you need those 2 ships at 7* right now to get thrawns at full potential?