Phoenix Squadron ZETA Abilities

Replies

• CamaroAMF wrote: »
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Important clarifying question: will these new zeta abilities replace existing omegas? This was the case in the past when zetas were added, but the way these zetas are described here, that does not seem to be the case this time around. (see: Zeb's and Hera's, specifically, referencing bonus damage from the existing omega without including that bonus damage in the zeta upgrade description).

The abilities that got Zetas top out at level 7 right now. Not currently Omega abilities.

That's incorrect...All abilities are currently omegas at the highest level. We need to know what's going to happen with existing omega materials...will they be refunded, will I lose abilities that are already omega, or will they just become the new zeta ability?

You are wrong. All the abilities that they are adding Zetas on are currently maxed at level 7. They are not Omega abilities.

I've got all abilities upgraded..they all required omegas my friend.
  • JamzDatt
    72 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Important clarifying question: will these new zeta abilities replace existing omegas? This was the case in the past when zetas were added, but the way these zetas are described here, that does not seem to be the case this time around. (see: Zeb's and Hera's, specifically, referencing bonus damage from the existing omega without including that bonus damage in the zeta upgrade description).

The abilities that got Zetas top out at level 7 right now. Not currently Omega abilities.

That's incorrect...All abilities are currently omegas at the highest level. We need to know what's going to happen with existing omega materials...will they be refunded, will I lose abilities that are already omega, or will they just become the new zeta ability?

You are wrong. All the abilities that they are adding Zetas on are currently maxed at level 7. They are not Omega abilities.

You should probably check again, because these were level 7 abilities, which only require purple mats and not omegas.

I thought the same. Look at swgoh.gg and see the abilities getting the zeta- all purple mats not omega.

gfLcumk.png

Omega is where on this ability?
  • you are right...I thought all abilities were omega.
  • Bigbearxba wrote: »
    Umm, take a look at Ezra and Sabines new zeta if you think damage output didn't increase.

I feel pretty confident a Phoenix squad can hang with the meta...if you can afford them...

Of course the damage increased. The question is how much and will it be enough to make the group useful as more than just a starter group, an early phase TB combat mission group and a tool to get Thrawn.

If the damage oriented zetas were for their unique abilities and did more to help the other toons I would be more inclined to believe. As it is I have a wait and see attitude to see how much adding damage to Flourish will really help. Sabine’s at least should help the others do a bit more damage. But I doubt it will be much more than a drop in the bucket.

Without SIGNIFICANT damage upgrades this team can only hope for a time limit draw against any team with Zariss. Zavage can probably still solo them so all good Sith squads still beat them easily. The good zQGJ probably still handle phoenix easily. And they are likely still nowhere close to the CLS squads, the better rebel squads, Resistance or the Empire Trooper squads. Hell, First Order probably kills them easily.

Ezra's highest damage attack got a 50% bump in damage! Sabine now grants offense up and crit chance up. Ezra is going to be one of the hardest single damage hitters in the game as a part of a Sabine Phoenix squad.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    My only issue with this is that by the time I zeta a full Phoenix squad they'll be obsolete again and unlike other toons they have no real use outside of Phoenix squad apart from Ezra.
  • Nojow
    24 posts Member
    So who wants to be the guy to throw a zeta on Kanan and test him under a Qui-gon lead?
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member

I maxed out some of my Phoenix Squad prior to the upgrade are you reimbursing us for the omegas we now lost ?
    Phoenix Zeta & Omega Changes
    Abilities

Hera - Play to Strengths
    • ZETA Upgrade: +25% Potency and dispel all debuffs, reduce cooldowns by 1 and grants 50% Turn Meter if target is Phoenix
    • Final Ability Text: Call another target ally to Assist. That ally’s attack has +50% Potency and deal 35% more damage. If target ally is Phoenix, Dispel all debuffs, reduce their cooldowns by 1, and grants 50% Turn Meter.

Kanan - Total Defense
    • ZETA Upgrade: Dispel all debuffs on Phoenix allies, grant Kanan and target ally Foresight for 2 turns and Defense Up to all Phoenix allies for 3 turns, and when each Foresight expires Kanan gains 100% Turn Meter and other Phoenix gains 50% Turn Meter.
    • Final Ability Text: Kanan Dispels all debuffs from Phoenix allies, grants himself and target ally Foresight and Protection Up (40%) for 2 turns. Also grants all Phoenix allies Defense Up for 3 turns. Kanan gains 100% Turn Meter when each Foresight expires and other Phoenix allies gain 50% Turn Meter.

Sabine - Demolish
    • ZETA Upgrade: +15% bonus damage for each active Phoenix ally, Stagger all enemies, grants all Phoenix allies Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns, and Expose target enemy, then inflict additional Expose on random enemy for each other active Phoenix ally, reduce cooldown of Demolish by 2 if this attack scores a Critical Hit.
    • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage and inflict Stagger to all enemies for 2 turns. Grants all Phoenix allies Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. Expose target enemy and inflict additional Exposes on random enemies for each other active Phoenix ally. This attack can’t be Countered or Evaded and deals +15% bonus damage for each active Phoenix ally. If this attack scores a Critical Hit, reduce Sabine’s cooldowns by 2.

Ezra - Flourish
    • ZETA Upgrade: +50% Damage, +25% Turn Meter Gain and gains Defense Up for 2 turns.
    • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Dispel all buffs on them. If the enemy had no buffs, this attack’s cooldown is reduced by 1 and Ezra gains 75% Turn Meter instead. Ezra gains Defense up for 2 turns.

Zeb - Staggering Sweep
    • ZETA Upgrade: Cooldown -1, +75% Bonus Damage and +20% bonus damage equal to enemy’s Maximum Health if the target has no debuff, ignores Armor if target is buffed, gain 50% Critical Damage if the target is debuffed, this attack can’t be Evaded and Zeb gains 10% Turn Meter for each active Phoenix ally.
    • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Stagger them for 1 turn. If the target has no debuffs, this attack deals 100% more damage with bonus damage equal to 20% of the enemies Maximum Health and Stagger can’t be Resisted. If the target is buffed, this attack ignores armor. If the target is debuffed, gain 50% Critical Damage. This attack can’t be Evaded and Zeb gains 10% Turn Meter for each active Phoenix ally.

Chopper - Reckless Fling
    • Omega Upgrade: +10% Cooldown Reduction Chance, and also applies to Droid allies.
    • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant a random Phoenix or Droid ally Offense Up, Defense up, or Speed Up at random for 2 turns, with a 60% chance to also reduce that ally’s cooldowns by 1.

Chopper - Maintenance Protocols
    • +4% Heal, +4% Protection; Chopper has a 30% chance to Assist when another Phoenix or Droid ally uses an ability during their turn (this effect is not shared)
    • Final Ability Text: At the start of his turn, Chopper recovers 15% of his Max Health. In addition, whenever he is damaged by an attack, he gains Protection Up (15%) if he doesn't have Protection Up. Additionally, Chopper has a 30% Chance to Assist when another Phoenix or Droid ally uses an ability during their turn (this effect is not shared).

General Strategy
    • If you’re having trouble completing the Phoenix-specific node in Territory Battles try upgrading a few of the new Zetas for a quick boost of power and sustainability.
    • Sabine’s Zeta upgrade on “Demolish” is especially powerful for the Phoenix faction, as the combination of Critical Chance and Offense Up is a rare combination to find in one move.
    • Ezra’s Zeta upgrade on “Flourish” gives him a pseudo burst attack considering he can gain 75% Turn Meter when targeting an enemy without buffs.
    • Kanan’s Zeta upgrade on “Total Defense” now provides a group cleanse for the Phoenix Squad, along with the mechanics to use it much more often.

Hero Synergies
    • The changes to Chopper make him more effective within the Phoenix squad, and also allow him to serve as a useful tank for Droids as he provides buffs and reduces the cooldowns of Droid allies.
    • Ezra is extremely versatile in different teams given he acts as an efficient DPS dealer under both the Jedi and Rebel tags. Also worth pointing out, is that Ezra’s Flourish is described as getting 75% TM, which is true. However, the additional 20% TM he gets under a Hera lead results in him generating 95% TM, which means he gets to go again almost immediately!

Where to Use
    • With their new Zeta Upgrades, the Phoenix faction competes with some of the best teams on the tank phases of HAAT.
    • Phoenix Squad shines in Territory Battles, as they can keep themselves in the fight and get the job done.
    • Phoenix now also provide a quick climber team for Squad Arena, and represent a particularly worthy investment for newer players looking for a good all-around squad.

• Z2gop wrote: »
    I maxed out some of my Phoenix Squad prior to the upgrade are you reimbursing us for the omegas we now lost ?
    Abilities

Hera - Play to Strengths
    • ZETA Upgrade: +25% Potency and dispel all debuffs, reduce cooldowns by 1 and grants 50% Turn Meter if target is Phoenix
    • Final Ability Text: Call another target ally to Assist. That ally’s attack has +50% Potency and deal 35% more damage. If target ally is Phoenix, Dispel all debuffs, reduce their cooldowns by 1, and grants 50% Turn Meter.

Kanan - Total Defense
    • ZETA Upgrade: Dispel all debuffs on Phoenix allies, grant Kanan and target ally Foresight for 2 turns and Defense Up to all Phoenix allies for 3 turns, and when each Foresight expires Kanan gains 100% Turn Meter and other Phoenix gains 50% Turn Meter.
    • Final Ability Text: Kanan Dispels all debuffs from Phoenix allies, grants himself and target ally Foresight and Protection Up (40%) for 2 turns. Also grants all Phoenix allies Defense Up for 3 turns. Kanan gains 100% Turn Meter when each Foresight expires and other Phoenix allies gain 50% Turn Meter.

Sabine - Demolish
    • ZETA Upgrade: +15% bonus damage for each active Phoenix ally, Stagger all enemies, grants all Phoenix allies Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns, and Expose target enemy, then inflict additional Expose on random enemy for each other active Phoenix ally, reduce cooldown of Demolish by 2 if this attack scores a Critical Hit.
    • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage and inflict Stagger to all enemies for 2 turns. Grants all Phoenix allies Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. Expose target enemy and inflict additional Exposes on random enemies for each other active Phoenix ally. This attack can’t be Countered or Evaded and deals +15% bonus damage for each active Phoenix ally. If this attack scores a Critical Hit, reduce Sabine’s cooldowns by 2.

Ezra - Flourish
    • ZETA Upgrade: +50% Damage, +25% Turn Meter Gain and gains Defense Up for 2 turns.
    • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Dispel all buffs on them. If the enemy had no buffs, this attack’s cooldown is reduced by 1 and Ezra gains 75% Turn Meter instead. Ezra gains Defense up for 2 turns.

Zeb - Staggering Sweep
    • ZETA Upgrade: Cooldown -1, +75% Bonus Damage and +20% bonus damage equal to enemy’s Maximum Health if the target has no debuff, ignores Armor if target is buffed, gain 50% Critical Damage if the target is debuffed, this attack can’t be Evaded and Zeb gains 10% Turn Meter for each active Phoenix ally.
    • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Stagger them for 1 turn. If the target has no debuffs, this attack deals 100% more damage with bonus damage equal to 20% of the enemies Maximum Health and Stagger can’t be Resisted. If the target is buffed, this attack ignores armor. If the target is debuffed, gain 50% Critical Damage. This attack can’t be Evaded and Zeb gains 10% Turn Meter for each active Phoenix ally.

Chopper - Reckless Fling
    • Omega Upgrade: +10% Cooldown Reduction Chance, and also applies to Droid allies.
    • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant a random Phoenix or Droid ally Offense Up, Defense up, or Speed Up at random for 2 turns, with a 60% chance to also reduce that ally’s cooldowns by 1.

• +4% Heal, +4% Protection; Chopper has a 30% chance to Assist when another Phoenix or Droid ally uses an ability during their turn (this effect is not shared)
    • Final Ability Text: At the start of his turn, Chopper recovers 15% of his Max Health. In addition, whenever he is damaged by an attack, he gains Protection Up (15%) if he doesn't have Protection Up. Additionally, Chopper has a 30% Chance to Assist when another Phoenix or Droid ally uses an ability during their turn (this effect is not shared).

General Strategy
    • If you’re having trouble completing the Phoenix-specific node in Territory Battles try upgrading a few of the new Zetas for a quick boost of power and sustainability.
    • Sabine’s Zeta upgrade on “Demolish” is especially powerful for the Phoenix faction, as the combination of Critical Chance and Offense Up is a rare combination to find in one move.
    • Ezra’s Zeta upgrade on “Flourish” gives him a pseudo burst attack considering he can gain 75% Turn Meter when targeting an enemy without buffs.
    • Kanan’s Zeta upgrade on “Total Defense” now provides a group cleanse for the Phoenix Squad, along with the mechanics to use it much more often.

Hero Synergies
    • The changes to Chopper make him more effective within the Phoenix squad, and also allow him to serve as a useful tank for Droids as he provides buffs and reduces the cooldowns of Droid allies.
    • Ezra is extremely versatile in different teams given he acts as an efficient DPS dealer under both the Jedi and Rebel tags. Also worth pointing out, is that Ezra’s Flourish is described as getting 75% TM, which is true. However, the additional 20% TM he gets under a Hera lead results in him generating 95% TM, which means he gets to go again almost immediately!

Where to Use
    • With their new Zeta Upgrades, the Phoenix faction competes with some of the best teams on the tank phases of HAAT.
    • Phoenix Squad shines in Territory Battles, as they can keep themselves in the fight and get the job done.
    • Phoenix now also provide a quick climber team for Squad Arena, and represent a particularly worthy investment for newer players looking for a good all-around squad.

Um they put zetas on the abilities that went up to 7 zetas are on 8, so you lost no omegas
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Nojow wrote: »
    So who wants to be the guy to throw a zeta on Kanan and test him under a Qui-gon lead?

The in-game text on Kanan's zeta says "these foresights" so I doubt ZQGJ or Zoda foresight works.
  • Nojow
    24 posts Member
    Dyvrik wrote: »
    Nojow wrote: »

The in-game text on Kanan's zeta says "these foresights" so I doubt ZQGJ or Zoda foresight works.
    Yeah that's why I want someone else to test it for me :tongue:
  • Chopper had his existing Omega changed. 30% chance to Assist any Phoenix squad or droid attack. These assists use his basic attack that buffs random Phoenix squad ally with 60% chance to Reduce their cooldowns. (Aside from times I wish he didn't assist - when exposing or staggering an enemy to set up a zeb stun) these assists quickly begin to buff entire team (Offense up 50%, Defense up 50%, speed up 25%) The Cooldown reduction chance combined with frequent offense up and speed up buffs do help with the damage output of the team. When you also add in the 40% offense boost from Ezra after each one completes 4 turns and the assist calls & double attacks from Ezra they can begin to do some burst damage.

Assuming somebody wanted to zeta an entire Phoenix squad, what order would be best?
  • I'd go Ezra-Kanan-Sabine-Hera.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member

Perhaps I’m mistaken on the omegas, but it still cost credits to max out Ezra’s abilities. Even though I swear I had to spend omegas to max them out but I could be mistaken.
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Z2gop wrote: »
    Abilities

Hera - Play to Strengths

Kanan - Total Defense

Sabine - Demolish

Ezra - Flourish

Zeb - Staggering Sweep

Chopper - Reckless Fling

General Strategy

Hero Synergies

Where to Use

Um they put zetas on the abilities that went up to 7 zetas are on 8, so you lost no omegas

• My Phoenix are a little weak heading into the Thrawn event, gear 7-8, but all 7*. Hopefully during the event I will have a zeta. What Phoenix toon would you recommend if only 1 zeta to just get Thrawn event 7* please?
    I use Chopper not Sabine but he is the worst lvled.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member

Either way what ever material that was used should be reimbursed.

Dretzle wrote: »

gfLcumk.png

Omega is where on this ability?

Perhaps I’m mistaken on the omegas, but it still cost credits to max out Ezra’s abilities. Even though I swear I had to spend omegas to max them out but I could be mistaken.

You are mistaken on the Omegas, at least for the abilities that now have Zeta upgrades. The abilities that had Zetas added all maxed out at level 7 previously. The level 7 abilities only required purple, green, and blue ability mats. The Zeta upgrade adds level 8 to those abilities.

All of the other abilities on the Phoenix toons are already maxed out at level 8, which did require Omegas.

Shortened version....,you aren't losing any Omegas because you didn't use any Omegas on the abilities that got Zetas.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    What about mats and credits then? If there still there I can live with that if not then you should get them back
  • why does sabine only benefit phoenix members when ezras is not just for phoenix.
    What about mats and credits then? If there still there I can live with that if not then you should get them back

They are still there....you aren't losing anything. The Zeta adds a new level to the ability. Previous max was level 7, new max is level 8.
  • @CG_Kozispoon so all of the Rebels will get zetas before Palpatine?
  • does zqgj and any other foresight work on kanan's zeta? as in if zqgj applied a foresight on kanan and it expires, does he gain 100% tm?
  • man these people can't read or what? you're not losing ANYTHING ffs! Everything that was there is still there, the new levels for the abilities are that NEW LEVELS! Gosh
  • Yeah it’s comical how someone shows them how they’re not losing anything then the next post is someone else screaming for reimbursement on something they never lost lol
  • Has anyone posted a video with them zeta’d yet? I’d like to see them in action. Kanans seems intriguing with all the tm gains
  • Okiearcher wrote: »
    Has anyone posted a video with them zeta’d yet? I’d like to see them in action. Kanans seems intriguing with all the tm gains

Here's one where they're maxed. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_kTSkFb2FE

Zeb doing 55000 dmg (at 3:25 in the video) seemed pretty good. Guess Ezra and Sabine aren't the only dmg dealers anymore.
  • AdeDroc
    50 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Has anyone else noticed that they’ve stolen some omega ability mats from us? Let me explain.

I had most of my Phoenix Squad maxed out on abilities, but, now that they’ve introduced a new zeta level (8) they have decreased the level 7 requirement, to only needing purple mats, which means the omegas I initially spent have been taken away.

I’ve lost 20 omegas because of this and I’m sure others have lost more.

This is completely unfair! I want my Omegas!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    AdeDroc wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that they’ve stolen some omega ability mats from us? Let me explain.

I had most of my Phoenix Squad maxed out on abilities, but, now that they’ve introduced a new zeta level (8) they have decreased the level 7 requirement, to only needing purple mats, which means the omegas I initially spent have been taken away.

I’ve lost 20 omegas because of this and I’m sure others have lost more.

This is completely unfair! I want my Omegas!

Maxed out does not mean that all abilities have omegas. Some abilities are maxed out at lvl 7. There was a place for a zeta in every Phoenix except Chopper.