After the novel, Phasma deserves a Unique.

Just finished the novel, and come on! She's a great tactician and a natural expert with any weapon she picks up. She should have a Unique called 'Raw Talent' that when omega'd or zeta'd looks something like this:

Raw Talent
When Captain Phasma has Advantage, she gains 15% Offense and 40% Counter Chance. In addition, whenever she scores a Critical hit, she grants a random ally Speed Up for 1 Turn.

Unless some epic new First Order leader toon is coming out in tandem with the movie, you've got to update Phasma to compete with new releases. And it fits so well with her character.

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    With her already zeta that could be tricky. She might counter and if her zeta kicks in and soon you could have a 3X attack counter. She’d be like Luke with a rebel team.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    With her already zeta that could be tricky. She might counter and if her zeta kicks in and soon you could have a 3X attack counter. She’d be like Luke with a rebel team.

Who cares new meta!
  • Honestly, I hope we get Cardinal who has a berserker attack that triggers whenever he faces Phasma in a match.
  • What FO needs is some sort of dispels or healing... Phasma zeta focused on offense works... but also consider...

Parnassus Survival Tactics (unique zeta level) - each time an ally dies, phasma uses a combination of rectraxers & stims to heal 20% hp & protection on all other allies for 2 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled. This effect is increased to 60% for 3 turns for FO allies.
  • Phasma is tough and knows all about using even her allies deaths to her adavantage... and using everyone around her to HER advantage... i think giving her a passive heal based on her knowledge of retraxers and stims that cannot be dispeled, is right up her ally of tricks...
  • And on that subject, another possibility would be for phasma to have another special... useable once per battle.

Poison Blade - Phasma attacks with a poisoned blade that deals 40% of targets max hp in damage every turn. This effect cannot be dispelled and target cannot be revived. This attack can only be used once per battle.
  • SwiftMooky
    347 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    What FO needs is some sort of dispels or healing... Phasma zeta focused on offense works... but also consider...

Parnassus Survival Tactics (unique zeta level) - each time an ally dies, phasma uses a combination of rectraxers & stims to heal 20% hp & protection on all other allies for 2 turns. This effect cannot be dispelled. This effect is increased to 60% for 3 turns for FO allies.

I like the Survival Tactics idea too! An update on Phasma is almost a must at this point for the reasons I laid out: the novel totally validates it, and it's also needed in this game if First Order is going to remain a competitive option for people (read:me).

With all the other crazily powered toons in this game (and yes, I have CLS) I am done hearing people say 'Gasp! But that would be too powerful!!' to reasonable character updates proposed. And I think mine is reasonable. An update on her would simply level the playing field for the faction. And yes, there are other factions and toons that need updating (GG anyone?) but why not just do them all then? Update Phasma AND GG in the same month. Then rework Jawas and Jedi. And so on. It can be done.
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    What FO needs is some sort of dispels or healing... Phasma zeta focused on offense works... but also consider...

I like the Survival Tactics idea too! An update on Phasma is almost a must at this point for the reasons I laid out: the novel totally validates it, and it's also needed in this game if First Order is going to remain a competitive option for people (read:me).

With all the other crazily powered toons in this game (and yes, I have CLS) I am done hearing people say 'Gasp! But that would be too powerful!!' to reasonable character updates proposed. And I think mine is reasonable. An update on her would simply level the playing field for the faction. And yes, there are other factions and toons that need updating (GG anyone?) but why not just do them all then? Update Phasma AND GG in the same month. Then rework Jawas and Jedi. And so on. It can be done.

• If they give her a heal/dispel it would be fun if they had it trigger on assist to pair with her lead.
  • Yeah that would be optimal... but book realy goes into detail about how phasma definitely advocated using the detraxers on corpses... and then her knowledge of posions & stims is only another reason it should trigger on ally deaths...
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Yeah that would be optimal... but book realy goes into detail about how phasma definitely advocated using the detraxers on corpses... and then her knowledge of posions & stims is only another reason it should trigger on ally deaths...

Yup it does make a lot of sense. The only way I won't advocate for a Phasma rework is if General Hux or some other FO leader is released with an even better lead - but then it would also be a bummer to kick Phasma off the squad :(
  • I belive phasma will have a critical role to play in the new movies with snoke... phasma is a force of nature... much like the physical manifestation of the force into one kick butt, survive at all costs amazonian force augmented beast that was breed by a dark side beastmaster on korriban to kill... only phasma is sentient, whip-smart and knows how to play politics & manipulate people, groups and (as per book/TFA awakens, her droping shields on SK base) even bend entire polical factions like the first order to her design.

I think snoke will figure this out and either make phasma an apprentice unlike anything we've ever seen, or eliminate her... which could see her die, or join resistance or go rogue... regardless whatever phasma does, it will serve her interests... she has proven to be far more cunning than anyone can perceive. And that is pretty freakin epic!
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    I belive phasma will have a critical role to play in the new movies with snoke... phasma is a force of nature... much like the physical manifestation of the force into one kick butt, survive at all costs amazonian force augmented beast that was breed by a dark side beastmaster on korriban to kill... only phasma is sentient, whip-smart and knows how to play politics & manipulate people, groups and (as per book/TFA awakens, her droping shields on SK base) even bend entire polical factions like the first order to her design.

I think snoke will figure this out and either make phasma an apprentice unlike anything we've ever seen, or eliminate her... which could see her die, or join resistance or go rogue... regardless whatever phasma does, it will serve her interests... she has proven to be far more cunning than anyone can perceive. And that is pretty freakin epic!

I 100% agree! And I think I read somewhere that she originally was supposed to have a bigger part in TFA and is going to have a more significant role in TLJ. Here's to hoping, both for a bigger role and a Phasma Unique in this game :smile:
    Just finished the novel, and come on! She's a great tactician and a natural expert with any weapon she picks up. She should have a Unique called 'Raw Talent' that when omega'd or zeta'd looks something like this:

Raw Talent
    When Captain Phasma has Advantage, she gains 15% Offense and 40% Counter Chance. In addition, whenever she scores a Critical hit, she grants a random ally Speed Up for 1 Turn.

Unless some epic new First Order leader toon is coming out in tandem with the movie, you've got to update Phasma to compete with new releases. And it fits so well with her character.

+1

How was the book btw?

Raw Talent

+1

How was the book btw?

It was epic. It's like Star Wars meets the latest Mad Max movie. You gain an appreciation for Phasma and also an inside look at the First Order, which I thought was cool.