5 star Chimaera vs 6/7 star Executrix

It’s POSSIBLE I’ll be able to unlock Thrawn’s ship right before it’s event expires.

But the question is, will his ship be better to run over the Tarkin ship I run now at 6 stars, or 7 stars should I be able to get that done in a few days?

What say you community?
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• Won't 5 stars mean you'll have 1 less reinforcement?
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Won't 5 stars mean you'll have 1 less reinforcement?

I believe so, yes. So that’s part of the equation.
  • The reinforcement is largely irrelevant. If you haven't essentially won after your first reinforcement comes on you probably aren't going to win (end game anyway).
  • The reinforcement is largely irrelevant. If you haven't essentially won after your first reinforcement comes on you probably aren't going to win (end game anyway).

Yeah, I usually only get to one, MAYBE two. If it goes to the 3rd that battle is way too close.

Won some, lost some. But it super rare to get that deep.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Yeah, I usually only get to one, MAYBE two. If it goes to the 3rd that battle is way too close.

TWSS
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

TWSS

Lol! Nice.
  • Tarkin still wins

Two less now.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Weaver9000 wrote: »

Two less now.
    5th & 7th stars each add one reinforcement slot. There is no added reinforcement slot on the 6th star. So the difference is one slot if a 5 or 6 star capital ship battles a 7 star capital ship.

Two less now.
    5th & 7th stars each add one reinforcement slot. There is no added reinforcement slot on the 6th star. So the difference is one slot if a 5 or 6 star capital ship battles a 7 star capital ship.

Right my bad, it's also a considerable jump in fleet power though
  • When the other Capitol Ship has three or more Replacements, I haven't been able to win even if I have the same number. Windu's turn meter boosts defeat my Executrix a lot. I wonder what abilities the Chimera will bring?
  • Still deciding on this...

Two less now.

Right my bad, it's also a considerable jump in fleet power though
    Sure, since the 7th star adds a reinforcement slot and they are all counted in the fleet power total, it will increase by the amount of power that the capital ship gained plus another 35k-45k probably (roughly the power of a decent fighter ship).

But that's 35k-45k that doesn't come into play at all until the 4th reinforcement gets summoned. Until that happens, it's little more than intimidation factor and can be subtracted from the fleet power total if you want to a slightly more accurate estimate of how a 5*-6* fleet might fare against a 7* fleet if they had an equal number of ships. Frankly I rarely see a 3rd reinforcement summoned by either side in my fleet battles, so I reckon the chance of a battle going long enough to use a 4th reinforcement is small. It's a possibility, but a very unlikely one.
  • Power ratings are irrelevant. I have seen 5 star capital ship teams take out 6 star capital ship teams with close to 100k in power difference. The AI is severely broken when your team plays defense. The number 1 team in my shard has a 7 star capital ship team with 400,000 power rating, and he is still getting beat by a 5 start team with a 330,000 power rating. Focus on offense is the best option in my opinion.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Power ratings are irrelevant. I have seen 5 star capital ship teams take out 6 star capital ship teams with close to 100k in power difference. The AI is severely broken when your team plays defense. The number 1 team in my shard has a 7 star capital ship team with 400,000 power rating, and he is still getting beat by a 5 start team with a 330,000 power rating. Focus on offense is the best option in my opinion.
    More or less.

Power rating is horribly inaccurate for measuring effectiveness in Squad Arena and GW. I tend to think that since you can't use mods to customize ship stats, it's slightly more accurate in Fleet Arena. But "more accurate than Squad/GW power ratings" isn't really saying much either.

All it seems to really do is tell lazy people who to attack first (don't bother inspecting stats, just attack the lowest powered guy within reach), and gives some equally weak squads/fleets a lower chance to be attacked just because their power rating is deceptively high. Meanwhile, people who understand what's going on will attack the highest rank that they can possibly beat (due to imbalance, mods, synergy, RNG, etc), regardless of "power" rating.
  • So still no definitive answer. Lol!
  • Just got my 5* Chimera and it is performing much better than my 6* Executrix on offense. Now this may be in part due to the fact that my Tarkin is G10 whereas my Thrawn is G12 and double zetaed. But my Executrix generally hovered around top 20 and struggled against the top 10 ships on my shard. My Chimera is obliterating everything with little difficulty. I've reached #1 everyday since getting it. Still struggling on defense but no worse han Executrix. I'm beating teams with 420,000 Fleet power and I only have 348,000. It's amazing on offense.