Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

  • Has anyone outside US been able to get it working again? I was successful yesterday with the 10$ but impossible to buy again via paypal/credit card i get my orders cancelled .

    They may have 'fixed' it, i tried to buy a 10$ Card (following the instruction given on reddit) a few hours ago and got my order cancelled. Meh, no cheap Rey for me :/
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Tavanh wrote: »
    Apple user here. It's not CG/EA that's hating on Apple, it's Apple hating on us. Sadly I can't swap my Apple account to Google.

    Actually, reach out to EA/CG customer service. I've heard that some people are able to make the move away from the Dark Side
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    KueChael wrote: »
    Desa wrote: »
    This is taken directly from the website:

    "Users who already have a Scavenger Rey character prior to acceptance of this offer will receive alternate in-game items of equivalent value."

    Can anyone shed some light on what you receive if you already possess Rey?
    50$ 330 shards
    25$ 145 shards
    10$ 80 shards
    KueChael wrote: »
    Desa wrote: »
    This is taken directly from the website:

    "Users who already have a Scavenger Rey character prior to acceptance of this offer will receive alternate in-game items of equivalent value."

    Can anyone shed some light on what you receive if you already possess Rey?
    50$ 330 shards
    25$ 145 shards
    10$ 80 shards

    330 extra shards...I wonder how much shard shop currency that amounts to.

  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    stop saying "ask apple". EA still allowed this to happen. Fairness in their own game should have SOME value to them.

    It's about money. Google approached them and asked if they were willing to team up with a promotion that one, gets people spending money on their game and two gets people to buy Google Play cards. EA said ABSOLUTELY.
    Now they may or may not have reached out to Apple who, if EA did, responded with no we don't care about our users.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Lilpup wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    Desa wrote: »
    This is taken directly from the website:

    "Users who already have a Scavenger Rey character prior to acceptance of this offer will receive alternate in-game items of equivalent value."

    Can anyone shed some light on what you receive if you already possess Rey?
    50$ 330 shards
    25$ 145 shards
    10$ 80 shards
    KueChael wrote: »
    Desa wrote: »
    This is taken directly from the website:

    "Users who already have a Scavenger Rey character prior to acceptance of this offer will receive alternate in-game items of equivalent value."

    Can anyone shed some light on what you receive if you already possess Rey?
    50$ 330 shards
    25$ 145 shards
    10$ 80 shards

    330 extra shards...I wonder how much shard shop currency that amounts to.

    I believe the exchange rate is 15 per so it would be 4950 shop currency
  • Lilpup wrote: »
    KueChael wrote: »
    Desa wrote: »
    This is taken directly from the website:

    "Users who already have a Scavenger Rey character prior to acceptance of this offer will receive alternate in-game items of equivalent value."

    Can anyone shed some light on what you receive if you already possess Rey?
    50$ 330 shards
    25$ 145 shards
    10$ 80 shards
    KueChael wrote: »
    Desa wrote: »
    This is taken directly from the website:

    "Users who already have a Scavenger Rey character prior to acceptance of this offer will receive alternate in-game items of equivalent value."

    Can anyone shed some light on what you receive if you already possess Rey?
    50$ 330 shards
    25$ 145 shards
    10$ 80 shards

    330 extra shards...I wonder how much shard shop currency that amounts to.

    330x15=4950

  • Varlie wrote: »
    stop saying "ask apple". EA still allowed this to happen. Fairness in their own game should have SOME value to them.

    It's about money. Google approached them and asked if they were willing to team up with a promotion that one, gets people spending money on their game and two gets people to buy Google Play cards. EA said ABSOLUTELY.
    Now they may or may not have reached out to Apple who, if EA did, responded with no we don't care about our users.

    HOW DARE MCDONALD'S NOT ACCEPT MY BURGER KING COUPON!
  • It lists the promo details if you look up the 50$ google play card using the walmart app. They werent shown when using the web browser.
  • The jumps in logic here are astounding.

    How does anyone here know that Apple is the reason? Sounds like Android/iOS wars. Not rational nor logical thought.

    It is extremely likely that Apple is not the reason as most promotions of this scale originate at the content producer when they want to promote their product.

    The problem with Rey is shard shop currency (which was not a factor before with previous characters) that, as someone pointed out, gives a whopping 150 cuff advantage, for example.

    But, Rey is still the smaller of the two problems. Crystals are the biggest. The value in crystals is insanely gamebreaking especially right now with the Chimera paywall installed. If there is going to be a discount (and there is no more to it than that really) on crystals it needs to be game-wide. I would have no problem with this promotion if Android and iOS users did not have to compete with each other and lived in their own little boxes. But, they do. And, things like easier access to Chimera, Phoenix, etc., make that extremely unbalanced.

    I promise you, if this were flipped around every single one of the android people defending it here would be raising a massive fit. That much is a guarantee.
  • The jumps in logic here are astounding.

    How does anyone here know that Apple is the reason? Sounds like Android/iOS wars. Not rational nor logical thought.

    It is extremely likely that Apple is not the reason as most promotions of this scale originate at the content producer when they want to promote their product.

    The problem with Rey is shard shop currency (which was not a factor before with previous characters) that, as someone pointed out, gives a whopping 150 cuff advantage, for example.

    But, Rey is still the smaller of the two problems. Crystals are the biggest. The value in crystals is insanely gamebreaking especially right now with the Chimera paywall installed. If there is going to be a discount (and there is no more to it than that really) on crystals it needs to be game-wide. I would have no problem with this promotion if Android and iOS users did not have to compete with each other and lived in their own little boxes. But, they do. And, things like easier access to Chimera, Phoenix, etc., make that extremely unbalanced.

    I promise you, if this were flipped around every single one of the android people defending it here would be raising a massive fit. That much is a guarantee.

    No...I would just complain that Google didn't want to pay the promo money.

    How does anyone know? EA is not a charity. They do things because they get a benefit to do them. Promotions like this happen all the time and are platform specific. Already mentioned a million times that there were similar promos on iOS only in this game and many other mobile games.

    Why does it need to be gamewide? Google/Walmart paid good money to get this promotion and the whole point is to give their customers an advantage and to entice others to use their products.
  • Just throwing a confirmation out there: Bought the 50 x3 times and correctly got rewarded. :)
  • You can choose to believe this or not. I can say for certain through direct conversation with an entity involved that Apple is the culprit. Cg/EA is not going to publicly comment on the situation, and neither with the mobile manufacturers, as it will strain relationships.
    The question is, is an android users ability to take ONE character from G10 to G11 really worth the level of effort some players are putting into complaining?
  • You can choose to believe this or not. I can say for certain through direct conversation with an entity involved that Apple is the culprit. Cg/EA is not going to publicly comment on the situation, and neither with the mobile manufacturers, as it will strain relationships.
    The question is, is an android users ability to take ONE character from G10 to G11 really worth the level of effort some players are putting into complaining?

    It is logical that Apple is the hold up. EA/CG does not have a preference between Apple/Android...the check just needs to clear.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya, and apologies for the delay. Also @KueChael I hope you don't mind I've added this response to the first post for easy reference.

    We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    The larger underlying issue is the decision to buy an inferior product...an Apple Phone. :-) I still haven't recovered from all the crystals I lost in Arena after not getting a free POE DAMERON when he controlled the Meta for months....but I survived and moved on. It wasn't fair, but it was reality.
  • Did anyone have problems with not receiving there bonus shards? I bought a $50 dollar gift card but did not receive anything in game.
  • We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity.

    In other words, Apple is the reason this doesn't include them.
  • Lilpup wrote: »
    The larger underlying issue is the decision to buy an inferior product...an Apple Phone. :-) I still haven't recovered from all the crystals I lost in Arena after not getting a free POE DAMERON when he controlled the Meta for months....but I survived and moved on. It wasn't fair, but it was reality.

    If we're comparing Apples to Androids, there is NO comparison. Android players have received waaaaay more free/valuable stuff than Apple ever will.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Lilpup wrote: »
    The larger underlying issue is the decision to buy an inferior product...an Apple Phone. :-) I still haven't recovered from all the crystals I lost in Arena after not getting a free POE DAMERON when he controlled the Meta for months....but I survived and moved on. It wasn't fair, but it was reality.

    If we're comparing Apples to Androids, there is NO comparison. Android players have received waaaaay more free/valuable stuff than Apple ever will.

    Because Google doesn't use Android as a revenue source but a marketing tool. You get way more free apps on Android too.
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    quite a sick way to balance a game
  • Beware walmart.com. It seems to work for some, but I've had nothing but problems getting gift cards from them. Once I got my $10 card, however, Google and SWGOH had no problem giving me my goodies. It's just that, as always, Walmart sucks. Still trying to get a $50 card from that horrible retailer. I might wait until the deal is available from some other store.
  • Did anyone have problems with not receiving there bonus shards? I bought a $50 dollar gift card but did not receive anything in game.

    Just redeemed my cards and got NOTHING!
  • DarthNO2 wrote: »
    Did anyone have problems with not receiving there bonus shards? I bought a $50 dollar gift card but did not receive anything in game.

    Just redeemed my cards and got NOTHING!

    Go easy Youngblood start with 10$ if you get nothing then all you use is $10
  • DarthNO2 wrote: »
    Did anyone have problems with not receiving there bonus shards? I bought a $50 dollar gift card but did not receive anything in game.

    Just redeemed my cards and got NOTHING!

    Did you get it from Walmart?
  • scuba
    12754 posts Member
    Here is everything I have figured out for this from trial and error

    Redeeming a Google Play gift card purchased from Walmart or walmart.com will give you a reward in google play under My Account>Rewards.
    The rewards vary based on the amount of the gift card
    $10 gives 750 Crystals and 80 Rey Shards
    $25 gives 1.5k Crystals, 145 Rey Shards, and 250k credits
    50$ gives 3k crystals, 330 Rey Shards and 1.75 M credits
    It appears each tier can be done 3 times
    I think the $10 and $15 are the same tier. I did $10 one 3 times. I then did 2 $15 ones and got nothing
    The gift cards must be the fixed value cards not the variable load ones.

    The one thing many seem to over look is after adding the gift card to google play you have to go to google play>my account>rewards to redeem the reward. They don't just show up in game once you redeem the gift card
    1. Buy a fixed denomination google play card from walmart or walmart.com
    2. go to google play app and redeem the card
    3. go to google play>my account>rewards and click on the reward to redeem it
    4. it will then give you the option to open the game
    5. go into game and you should get a pop-up that you have received the rewards.
    6. if you get a google play error when redeeming the reward go into game and go to settings and click on restore purchases. give it some time and the rewards should show up.

    good luck.
  • Scavenger Rey, eh? I assume this will be what the character will be renamed as when another version of her hits. As far as I know, this is the first use of that name in the forum.
  • Hiya, and apologies for the delay. Also @KueChael I hope you don't mind I've added this response to the first post for easy reference.

    We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!

    Many have speculated about this already... but could we at least get a confirmation about the iOS users not getting anything? Pretty much about 99% of the people here assume that it's bc Apple doesn't want to pay for anything for their users on this game. But, when Apple users try to ask here or ask Apple themselves, it's always ignored. Confirmation one way or the other would probably ease some people's mind.

    Does Apple just not want to do anything? Or is Apple willing to do "x" amount but it doesn't meat the requirements of EA/CG? Or is it that Apple is willing to "x" amount but they got a better offer from google? Or any other reason we can't think of I guess... Any way of getting this information confirmation for a change @CG_Kozispoon ?
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Hiya, and apologies for the delay. Also @KueChael I hope you don't mind I've added this response to the first post for easy reference.

    We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!

    Many have speculated about this already... but could we at least get a confirmation about the iOS users not getting anything? Pretty much about 99% of the people here assume that it's bc Apple doesn't want to pay for anything for their users on this game. But, when Apple users try to ask here or ask Apple themselves, it's always ignored. Confirmation one way or the other would probably ease some people's mind.

    Does Apple just not want to do anything? Or is Apple willing to do "x" amount but it doesn't meat the requirements of EA/CG? Or is it that Apple is willing to "x" amount but they got a better offer from google? Or any other reason we can't think of I guess... Any way of getting this information confirmation for a change @CG_Kozispoon ?

    Sorry but why would EA/CG ever call out Apple or make it look bad?

    Why do you need confirmation? Android/Google offers it...iOS/Apple does not. Pretty clear to me.

    Also, iOS has had promotional giveaways before in this game and runs promos for other games.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Hiya, and apologies for the delay. Also @KueChael I hope you don't mind I've added this response to the first post for easy reference.

    We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!

    Many have speculated about this already... but could we at least get a confirmation about the iOS users not getting anything? Pretty much about 99% of the people here assume that it's bc Apple doesn't want to pay for anything for their users on this game. But, when Apple users try to ask here or ask Apple themselves, it's always ignored. Confirmation one way or the other would probably ease some people's mind.

    Does Apple just not want to do anything? Or is Apple willing to do "x" amount but it doesn't meat the requirements of EA/CG? Or is it that Apple is willing to "x" amount but they got a better offer from google? Or any other reason we can't think of I guess... Any way of getting this information confirmation for a change @CG_Kozispoon ?

    Sorry but why would EA/CG ever call out Apple or make it look bad?

    Why do you need confirmation? Android/Google offers it...iOS/Apple does not. Pretty clear to me.

    Also, iOS has had promotional giveaways before in this game and runs promos for other games.

    I personally don't "need" confirmation. Just saying that's what most of the community complaint is on this. The question being asked over and over. Yes Apple has done some promotions for the game as well, but, as of late there hasn't been any offers where android have had a few now. I do think it's fair for iOS users to know why they aren't being given anything. Something as simple as Apple isn't interested in running a promotion at this time settles that.
  • tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Hiya, and apologies for the delay. Also @KueChael I hope you don't mind I've added this response to the first post for easy reference.

    We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!

    Many have speculated about this already... but could we at least get a confirmation about the iOS users not getting anything? Pretty much about 99% of the people here assume that it's bc Apple doesn't want to pay for anything for their users on this game. But, when Apple users try to ask here or ask Apple themselves, it's always ignored. Confirmation one way or the other would probably ease some people's mind.

    Does Apple just not want to do anything? Or is Apple willing to do "x" amount but it doesn't meat the requirements of EA/CG? Or is it that Apple is willing to "x" amount but they got a better offer from google? Or any other reason we can't think of I guess... Any way of getting this information confirmation for a change @CG_Kozispoon ?

    Sorry but why would EA/CG ever call out Apple or make it look bad?

    Why do you need confirmation? Android/Google offers it...iOS/Apple does not. Pretty clear to me.

    Also, iOS has had promotional giveaways before in this game and runs promos for other games.

    I personally don't "need" confirmation. Just saying that's what most of the community complaint is on this. The question being asked over and over. Yes Apple has done some promotions for the game as well, but, as of late there hasn't been any offers where android have had a few now. I do think it's fair for iOS users to know why they aren't being given anything. Something as simple as Apple isn't interested in running a promotion at this time settles that.

    Again...why would EA/CG alienate Apple? Not sure why iOS users are still confused or need confirmation on this issue. If I were an iOS user...it would be pretty clear to me.
This discussion has been closed.