New events are useless

Before last January 2016 update events (keycard battles they were) used to be a decent source of quick cash or quick training. Save up 50 energy points, boom, you got $100K+, or a nice dollop of training droids. Now you spend 2x24 = 48 points (pretty much same amount) and get back, oh, a whole awesome amount of $16K. Yeah, you can get lucky and draw an occasion x2 or even x3, but that does not happen often in my experience. You will get almost as much cash and training when hunting for gear, where you also get other goodies. I pretty much stopped using events. :(

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Agreed. This change made a very nice patch (Yoda + other changes) and reduced it to an insult. There were plenty of complaints that the old events just used too much energy and I appreciate the reduction in costs but to reduce the payout this much is just an insult to the player base.

Increasing the credits earned by x10 would make it where I might actually try the event but as it is now, I don't even step into the Events table.
  • We need weekly events like HODA!
    Yoda event took me 30 seconds. So much fun there :|
    Star limit is annoying. If Im good, I may beat yoda with less stars team. If not, I would have to improve...

I dont mind doing exp or gold events
  • +1

The base rewards should be higher. Cannot speak much for the credit event, as I never did the keycards either, but the training droid challenge is a waste of energy that I only do if I don't have the energy to spend my energy. It would be enticing if the base rewards were 3x with a chance of 2x or 3x.
  • KAULI wrote: »
    We need weekly events like HODA!
    Yoda event took me 30 seconds. So much fun there :|
    Star limit is annoying. If Im good, I may beat yoda with less stars team. If not, I would have to improve...

I dont mind doing exp or gold events

Obviously, the Yoda event was a cash-grab. You have to have 5x 5* characters to even be able to get him. Then they just so happened to release a $60 card pack that gives you a bunch of Jedi shards. Sadly, I was foolish enough to purchase that $60 pack and it ended up being useless as I had no idea that ALL FIVE of my characters had to be 5* and the pack only gives you 4* characters.

...thanks SWGoH. I think next time, I'll just keep my money.
  • All events in all mobile games are cash grabs. I've played games that had event packs, for event toons, that you had to spend thousands on to get and promote them (same as starring) to hope for a top 300 finish, and them toons are completely useless after the event. And you had to play around 18-20 hrs a day in the event including buying more energy.

I honestly think for most of the people playing this game this is their first competitive mobile game they have played.

If they start scoring events like in 99% of the games then no one would have a chance except the whales as they would be the only ones spending money to refresh energy and would keep doing it to keep it out of the reach of everyone else.

I like events like the Yoda as EVERYONE can get him, and it's going to come back, so if you missed your chance this time, you can get it next time.

Key card battles...... I had no idea people actually did them as I found them to be a complete waste. GW and challenges was enough for me. But I don't worry about lvling everyone. I did 1 toon at a time. And no I didn't complete GW until lvl 57. But then I started clearing it almost every time. Now I clear it with no issues every time.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    All events in all mobile games are cash grabs.

I'm well aware of that truth. A "Free" game has to get it's income somehow and events are a great way to do that. I don't mind the cash-grab event IF the event is fun and IF the cash grab actually enables you to PLAY it. Having a pack that let's you play HALF of an event and that event isn't even competitive in the slightest is a waste of money. If a game wants my money, they need to make events WORTH something to me.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    I agree that the credit and training droid rewards are pitiful. They should be multiplied by 10 times at least, then they would be worth doing.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Breetai wrote: »
    All events in all mobile games are cash grabs.

I'm well aware of that truth. A "Free" game has to get it's income somehow and events are a great way to do that. I don't mind the cash-grab event IF the event is fun and IF the cash grab actually enables you to PLAY it. Having a pack that let's you play HALF of an event and that event isn't even competitive in the slightest is a waste of money. If a game wants my money, they need to make events WORTH something to me.

I was in your boat too. I'm enjoying the game, so I bought the Jedi pack in hopes of getting Yoda. Little did I know, the rules of the event precluded that possibility, at least in the first round. But I'm enjoying my jedi and now have 5 star Yoda. I should be able to get him to 6* by the next event.

So yeah, a bit more transparency ahead of time would have been great.