Thrawn Event Logic

FreddyWard
6 posts Member
edited October 2017
The 7th tier of the thrawn event is controversial for very good reasons. It is noticeably harder than all the other legendary events the first and second time they came out. To make things worse, we are given a mediocre team to defeat a person who can one hit kill people, and this person has a group of allies who heal, deal large amounts of damage, and taunt.

But, perhaps the thing that makes the least amount
How do the enemies with Thrawn go from having no protection and a medium amount of health to having a larger amount of health with a large amount of protection? Sure, the level increases by four and they are "elite", but this hardly seems enough of an excuse to try and get people to sink gear and now zetas into a team. I don't see the logic in making the people with Thrawn so studiply buffed and healthy.

When gear 9 rebels can easily beat the Palpatine event, and gear 9 Jedi can easily beat the Yoda event, and gear 9 Imperial characters can easily beat the R2 event, it does not make sense for someone to rely on RNG to beat Thrawn with gear 9 Phoenix characters. I understand the Yoda and Palpatine events are easier now because there have been a lot of changes, but even when they first came out, they could still be beaten by gear 9 characters without relying on RNG. I just can't see the logic in why the Thrawn event is so much harder than other events.

Replies

• Options
    They did nerf the yoda event into the ground when it came around the second time. So its partially true on that one.
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    They did nerf the yoda event into the ground when it came around the second time. So its partially true on that one.
    The difficulty was not that bad with gear 9 Jedi. The thing was so few people had the gear 9 jedi and were getting destroyed by his tm gain. Still, it's difficulty at that time was not close to the difficulty of the Thrawn event.

• Options
    If you're spending a zeta just to beat this event, you're just not doing it right. At least a dozen members of my guild have beaten this event with gear 8, only uniques omega'd, mediocre mods, and some patience. Sure, it's harder than other legendary events, but that's completely justified as Thrawn is such a strong toon. And it's not like Phoenix is a useless squad to invest in, either.
  • Options
    I quite agree with you last tier of Thrawn event is unbelievably difficult. I did up to 20 attempts today and haven’t been successful. I have never felt such frustration in completing an event before.
  • Options
    I personally beat it this morning with all g8. Getting their speed upped to near 200 each was the key. Oh and use chopper instead of sabine. Survivability > damage in the final tier.
  • Options
    If you're spending a zeta just to beat this event, you're just not doing it right. At least a dozen members of my guild have beaten this event with gear 8, only uniques omega'd, mediocre mods, and some patience. Sure, it's harder than other legendary events, but that's completely justified as Thrawn is such a strong toon. And it's not like Phoenix is a useless squad to invest in, either.

It's a waste of a Zeta to Zeta them imo. I agree that speneding a Zeta on them for this event is not worth it. Their only other use is for territory battles and the occasional troublesome galactic war. Palpatine was an extremely strong toon (before the power creep) when he came out and directly shifted the meta for a very long time, but once again, his event wasn't near Thrawn's in difficulty. The event shouldn't be unnecessarily hard like it is.
  • Options
    I thought sabine would be better in chopper’s place. Never bothered to farm chopper after 5*. I don’t think I will be able get chopper by the time event finishes
  • Options
    jr8972686 wrote: »
    I personally beat it this morning with all g8. Getting their speed upped to near 200 each was the key. Oh and use chopper instead of sabine. Survivability > damage in the final tier.

Some people can manage with that, but several people in my guild have not been able to. I think a smart thing to do would be to let us take Sabine in with the rest of Phoenix. All 6 members.
  • Options
    Well he is Thrawn. He is a legendary character, and a tactical genius
  • Options
    Kazi2013 wrote: »
    I thought sabine would be better in chopper’s place. Never bothered to farm chopper after 5*. I don’t think I will be able get chopper by the time event finishes

The general consensus is that chopper is better for the event, but Sabine would work too if this event was more balanced.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum
  • Options
    Well he is Thrawn. He is a legendary character, and a tactical genius

There's no doubt that Thrawn is easily the best strategist in Star Wars, but his event is designed with logic that would stump Thrawn himself.
  • Options
    Basically the devs replaced gameplay mechanics with RNG(cheating A.I.) And we should not be upset...
  • Options
    Thrawn and his buddies seem to have super high speed, so besting him at G8 will require major speed mods. I had some speed, but had to boost gear to survive the initial attacks before my guys could start controlling the match.