Beat 7* Thrawn with this G8 team!

Prev13
Just beat 7* Thrawn with this G8 Phoenix team. Just in case someone is looking to see if it's possible to not sink 5 stun guns into them lol

Hera (lead) 85 G8-omega leader
Zeb 85 G8-omega unique
Ezra 85 G8-all omega's no zeta
Kanan 85 G8-omega unique
Chopper 85 G8-omega taunt/unique

I put my absolute best mods on them. Here were the final important stats:

Hera: 195 speed and 51% potency
Zeb: 180 speed and 55% potency
Ezra: 210 speed and 186% CD
Kanan: 140 speed and 48k H+P
Chopper: 226 speed and 48% Potency

Auto-basic until the last round. This ensures all cooldowns are ready and it lets Ezra power up over the first 3 phases.
Kill order was: Deathtrooper, deathtrooper, stormtrooper, commander, commander, Thrawn.

I did not attack Thrawn at all until the end. His counter does too much damage. I focused on one person until they died.
Taunted with Kanan right away so he got fractured. Then put back up plan on him to bring him back. If anyone got weak I would toss the taunts between Kanan and chopper. Ezra hit Thrawn (while exposed from Hera) for 17k. That really brought him down fast. And the winning shot was an assist by chopper on a Zeb basic. It was poetic.

Hope this helps! I can answer any questions if you have them

Replies

• Wearesyke wrote: »
    Just beat 7* Thrawn with this G8 Phoenix team. Just in case someone is looking to see if it's possible to not sink 5 stun guns into them lol

Zeb 85 G8-omega unique
    Kanan 85 G8-omega unique

Auto-basic until the last round. This ensures all cooldowns are ready and it lets Ezra power up over the first 3 phases.
    Kill order was: Deathtrooper, deathtrooper, stormtrooper, commander, commander, Thrawn.

I did not attack Thrawn at all until the end. His counter does too much damage. I focused on one person until they died.
    Taunted with Kanan right away so he got fractured. Then put back up plan on him to bring him back. If anyone got weak I would toss the taunts between Kanan and chopper. Ezra hit Thrawn (while exposed from Hera) for 17k. That really brought him down fast. And the winning shot was an assist by chopper on a Zeb basic. It was poetic.

I did beat it too, without any God Mods, this event is super cool, it actually takes some strategy to beat it, not just raw power as everywere
  • ElleMadara wrote: »
    Wearesyke wrote: »

Zeb 85 G8-omega unique
    Kanan 85 G8-omega unique

I did beat it too, without any God Mods, this event is super cool, it actually takes some strategy to beat it, not just raw power as everywere

Zeb 85 G8-omega unique
    Kanan 85 G8-omega unique

I tried every single combo, all g8 except ezra g10, i couldn't beat it
  • Hera (Gear 8) - Kanan (Gear 8) - Zeb (Gear 8) -Sabine (Gear 8) -Ezra (Gear 10) all 7*, full Omega with some modding. Speeds and mods are: Hera 191 (CC-Health-Potency), Kanan 133 (Health x3) - Zeb 123 (Health x2, Potency), Sabine 215 (Speed-Tenacity), Ezra 195 (Speed-Health).

Took 2 tries.
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    Wow,you guys are god I have gear 10 and can't beat him
  • Can confirm this works. Hera didn't even have the reccemdned speed. She was around 140. However I did have to do it twice, there's a bit of RNG on how fast you can dispel the troopers and if Thrawn fractures or gives turn meter
  • Are there any zetas on anyone
  • Are there any zetas on anyone
    No
  • Ok well I'm using Sabine instead of chopper and I can barely taken out one room because I get destroyed Ezra is at 197 speed, Hera 173, zen 168, kannen 143, and Sabine 191
  • Guibs
    11 posts Member
    I get easily on the last fight of that 7* battle but them I get wiped without even killing a single trooper. All G8 with some mods. Guess I might switch mods around because this is not cutting it after 5 tries.
  • peruhead
    17 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Beat this following OP advise. Thank you! In addition, I used zeb's basic to daze and then stun Thrawn. Called Zeb to assist on Thrawn every time. All G8.

Edit: I used Sabine instead of Chopper
    Post edited by peruhead on
  • Thanks for this. My squad is the same, all g8 and same composition, but I gave them leftover mods from characters I don't use very often and had significantly less speed than what you posted. I think my fastest was 180 or something, I would check but I've already removed the mods from them now that I'm done.

What really helped was the strategy. I was going for the healers first, which allowed the Deathtroopers to pound me. Once I got them down it was easy. Lost Kanan midway through because Backup Plan was 1 turn left on its cooldown, but these things happen.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Big help op, thanks buddy
  • Glad I can help everyone! Go out there and get that 7* Thrawn!
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Mine were all level 85, 7*, G9 (G10 on Ezra)—but I didn’t invest in omega abilities. Didn’t have arena mods swapped in, just whatever was available. I got to the end a few times, but couldn’t take out anybody at all.

I went back and spent my saved up omegas on everybody’s unique ability, and then tried again. Beat 7* on my first attempt. So the unique omegas did the trick for me. Glad I didn’t waste any more omegas.
  • westenger
    138 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @Wearesyke you are the real MVP man, thanks for sharing with such level of detail. Hoping RNGeesusgets on my side and i can finish ezra at 7*

Edit: do you think lvl 80 or lvl 85 makes a difference?
  • @Wearesyke.

Thanks champ. I had considerably better geared and modded toons than you and I struggled over 30+ battles for no result.

Albeit it was a close thing, I made it using your advice.
  • kanan and zeb were g7. chopper ezra hera g8.

i had nearly full protection on every toon at the end of the battle.

don't give up people.

lol wearysike i didn't want to share that strategy lol when i saw your post i was like you think exactly like me
  • Awesome guide, thanks!
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    I must be doing something really wrong.

Even with 200+ speed on my characters, Thrawn and the Deathtroopers go before me everytime and Ezra gets focused down instantly.
  • Sothe wrote: »
    I must be doing something really wrong.

Even with 200+ speed on my characters, Thrawn and the Deathtroopers go before me everytime and Ezra gets focused down instantly.

I got same problem , then i read this post and Found chopper high speed high potenty, so i took the mods from poe and got chopper speed 249 pot 51%, so he can debuff the **** trooper taunt first . So try to approah the stat of the guy who made this thread and follow the recipe , i finaly 7* him only after doing what i read here
  • I'm so happy everyone is following the strategy and unlocking 7* Thrawn! If you are still struggling and you have any questions feel free to ask away! I want to help! :)
  • Guys is it possible to beat tier 7 and not be level 85.

Zeb 85 G8-omega unique
    Kanan 85 G8-omega unique

To 7* the thrawn event do I need to omega all Phoenix uniques? I can afford 4 I believe by the end of it- if so whose Abilities are the most important in order please, I'm also using chopper instead of Sabine

Zeb 85 G8-omega unique
    Kanan 85 G8-omega unique

To 7* the thrawn event do I need to omega all Phoenix uniques? I can afford 4 I believe by the end of it- if so whose Abilities are the most important in order please, I'm also using chopper instead of Sabine

Chopper, Zeb, Kanan and maybe Ezra/Hera's leader
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Hskull55 wrote: »

Zeb 85 G8-omega unique
    Kanan 85 G8-omega unique

Well my Ezra is g10 as I use him in arena and all abilities are already 7* no omegas so out of the two (Hera lead or Ezra unique) which is more useful?
  • Hskull55 wrote: »

Zeb 85 G8-omega unique
    Kanan 85 G8-omega unique

Well my Ezra is g10 as I use him in arena and all abilities are already 7* no omegas so out of the two (Hera lead or Ezra unique) which is more useful?

I think Ezra's unique is better, because that offense boost is good
  • Does anyone know if this can be done at level 79? I've omega Ezra and kanan and I have decent mods on all members. All squad is 7* including Sabine. But I'm out of omegas with no way to farm them because again I'm only a level 79. Help!!!!!
  • Does anyone know if this can be done at level 79? I've omega Ezra and kanan and I have decent mods on all members. All squad is 7* including Sabine. But I'm out of omegas with no way to farm them because again I'm only a level 79. Help!!!!!

I doubt it, Zeb and Chopper are really important
  • Why is chopper important? I only have Sabine and I'm not succeeding. Should I try to power chopper up
  • Did it on third attmept with all g8, lvl 85 and pretty good mods. Omegad all uniques and a couple other abilities.

Chopper is key for his dispell and health regen, which gets shared with everyone. And if you omega his unique then he has a 30% chance to assist when another Phoenix uses a special ability. And because his basic has a 50% chance to reduce an allys cooldowns by 1, it keeps the whole team rolling on.

But as has been said the trick is smart use of the dispels from chopper and ezra and also having zeb daze/stun and stagger the proper targets. Remove the taunt from stormtrooper, daze/stun one DTrooper while dispelling and taking down the other. Once the one DTrooper is down you can have zeb work on daze/stunning Thrawn while killing the second DTrooper, then Stormtrooper, then commanders. Don't forget to use stagger on stunned targets so that someone can remove their build up TM and keep them stunned that much longer.