Thrawn Event is buffed/broken/requires hotfix

Prev13
Dear EA, with introduction of Phoenix zeta abilities, you have given a clear insight of what should we expect when the Thrawn finally arrives. Given the increase in power of phoenix squad you have proportionally increased the difficulty of the Thrawn Event, while keeping it as a "secret", or let me say other words "as a natural flow of things." To explain to the players, "what you have had to face last time as tier 7 Thrawn, now we have to face as tier 6 Thrawn, while new tier 7 Thrawn is a complete rework.

The community is divided into people who claims to be beatable with G8 + good mods and majority who can't even scratch the surface of wave 4 tier 7. The truth is in the middle. People who face the Trawn for the first time now, are able to beat it, with G8 + good mods, and the certain entity who plays on "Android platform", while for 90% of us it is only a dream. Why is that so? The game isn't the same for everyone, simply, ask yourself how many people do you know that has a broken GW node 12. I know that all popular youtubers, and I am calling them out, AhnaldT101; MobileGamer; Warrior Presents; Smithie D..... has a broken node 12, and what they have to face as node 11, I have to face as node 6. The calculation is simple, I lose 400 GW currency + x shards + x crystals every day, because the game does not treat everyone in the same way. The same can be applied here in Thrawn event, the game does not treat everyone in the same way, regardless of how obscure this may sound.

I know that someone will say, I managed to beat it with g8 + good mods, but instead of just jumping in threads and claiming that, why wouldn't you do us all the favor of recording that, iOS 11 has a built-in function to record the screen, for the example. That would be very useful.

General tip: Make sure Ezra goes first and use Flourish ability to take down ST taunt and critical damage immunity. Then take down DTs keep Thrawn stun, kill the rest and finally Thrawn himself and then wake up.

I would be very surprised if you actually do something about this, but I expect the same thing to be applied to CLS and R2D2! So, people, better prepare yourselfs. Without G12 + Zeta on the Old Ben, you want be able to pass Darth Vader next time for the reasons unknown.

Replies

• Especially since there was a bug in the AI of the original thrawn event so it would have been way easier the first time and now I’ve probably done the 7* tier over 100 times today by now and still going and have yet to even come close with a well built team
  • Uh, the truth isn’t in the middle. Lots of people have beaten it with g8 and the right mods and strat. That’s a fact.

I hope that it isn’t made easier, legendary characters should be a challenge and it was ACTUALLY FUN to not have an event I put on auto and walked away from because of how easy it was (looking at you, BB8). They got this one right with the exception of the original rollout and making people basically pay to get Phoenix unlocked in time, by the event itself was fine. I’d argue that tier 5 and 6 should be a lot tougher, too.

Challenges are good. If you can’t beat it, try to watch others and read and experiment and figure it out. It’s clearly doable.

Good job, devs.
  • Who beat it, android god mode users, not a single proof that a legitimate user has done it, exists. If you have done it, why do you bother? And please don't give me tips about strategy, even a blind man would know what to do. I am saying that the event is broken for some people, while others have had a chance to exploit an obscure bug in the game and take advantage, and now tell people who they are master strategist. If the player can do over 1M in AAT heroic mode with PS, and not able to scratch the last wave of this event, something is terribly wrong!
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Who beat it, android god mode users, not a single proof that a legitimate user has done it, exists. If you have done it, why do you bother? And please don't give me tips about strategy, even a blind man would know what to do. I am saying that the event is broken for some people, while others have had a chance to exploit an obscure bug in the game and take advantage, and now tell people who they are master strategist. If the player can do over 1M in AAT heroic mode with PS, and not able to scratch the last wave of this event, something is terribly wrong!

What do you mean with Android God mode users?
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Who beat it, android god mode users, not a single proof that a legitimate user has done it, exists. If you have done it, why do you bother? And please don't give me tips about strategy, even a blind man would know what to do. I am saying that the event is broken for some people, while others have had a chance to exploit an obscure bug in the game and take advantage, and now tell people who they are master strategist. If the player can do over 1M in AAT heroic mode with PS, and not able to scratch the last wave of this event, something is terribly wrong!

You can continue to whine and spew excuses, it’s pretty funny actually, but I play iOS and did it without hacks or cheats or bug exploits. And I did it TWICE.

https://swgoh.gg/u/omgilovebananas/collection/
    https://swgoh.gg/u/omgilovebananas2/collection/

Methinks you need the tips if you aren’t beating it. If you don’t want them from me that’s fine, but maybe listen to someone else and learn.

The only thing wrong is whatever you’re doing lol
  • I am able to beat the current META team with G9 PS, and you think I need to consider my strategy? LOL
  • I am able to beat the current META team with G9 PS, and you think I need to consider my strategy? LOL

Clearly.
  • EliteEngineer999
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    You just cannot accept the possibility that you might have been wrong all the time. If there is a bug, will you say sorry, I will say it for sure, but will you?
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    You just cannot accept the you might have been wrong, if there is a bug, will you say sorry, I will say it for sure, but will you?

What bug? (Sorry, I don't know what bug are you talking about)
  • I did it with all of them at g8. Loading zeb up with potency & using erza/hera to call him for assists lets you get lots of dazes & then stuns out there. Having dispel ready going into p4 so your counter attacks arent soaked by the taunter helps too. Rng plays its part. Just keep at it if you have good mods & you should get it eventually.
    I did get a video to share with my guildmates on line chat btw. I kept getting distracted during that attempt though, so it ended up being 7mins 11secs long & 748mb, which was too large to share that way.
  • I understand that legendary events should be challenging and should not be 'autoed' as some people have stated. But what I don't understand is the fact that I've been farming PS for the last few months in hope to get Thrawn 7* (I've managed to get him 6* as of today) and I can't beat the last battle of tier 7. The requirements on the event itself state 'level 80+' no where does inform us that all toons should be G10 to complete or whatever. In fact it doesn't even state if mods are recommended like other events. You would think that meeting the LVL 80 recommended requirements and having all toons 7* would be enough to beat the last tier (assuming the toons are geared to purple), that I can say is a reasonable expectation. However, and this really annoys me, the fact that I can breeze through the first 3 battles of tier 7 no problem and then get to the last battle and get absolutely destroyed is stupid. All my toons are G8, Ezra is G9. All uniques have an omega and all of Sabines and Ezras abilities are maxed. I've used my arena mods on them and still are only able to kill the DTs and the taunter. At this point I cannot be bothered to farm a group of toons which aren't amazing in other activities (without their newly added zetas) for a character that won't be useful by December, and I definitely can't be bothered to keep trying this lousy event

With regards to the apparent changes they've made to the Thrawn event, what was the point in making the last tier harder when literally no one is going to have the zetas on them for this event? It's silly that they're hiding these event toons that are practically essential for endgame activities behind a zeta wall.

*Side note: I managed to complete the R2 event, tier 7 with G9 Vader and EP, G8 GMT and TFP and G7 Magamatrooper. No zetas. Only EP maxed abilities. Considering R2 is needed for CLS I was expecting that to be more of a challenge.
  • Hera G9, 219 speed
    Sabine G9, 210 speed
    Ezra G9, 211 speed
    Zeb G9, 201 speed
    Kanan G9, 178 speed
    All Omegas

Thrawn fractures Hera every single time, game over
  • Hskull55 wrote: »
    You just cannot accept the you might have been wrong, if there is a bug, will you say sorry, I will say it for sure, but will you?

What bug? (Sorry, I don't know what bug are you talking about)

There is no bug and people aren’t exploiting bugs to beat it. It’s just one of the many excuses the people who can’t finish it are making in order try to to rationalize why they aren’t finishing it instead of getting better at the game.

• Rickersby
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Hera G9, 219 speed
    Sabine G9, 210 speed
    Ezra G9, 211 speed
    Zeb G9, 201 speed
    Kanan G9, 178 speed
    All Omegas

That's silly if you can't beat it. How long did it take you to farm them all to that gear?
  • darkhall0104
    12 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I did it with chopper and zeb at gear 7, and the others at gear 8, took a lot of time but when I changed my strategy only took two tries, I used the ezra assist with kannan and the Hera assist with ezra, and used flourish every time when available not only for dispell, the rest was the same as said in the forum.

https://swgoh.gg/u/darkhall/collection/?f=phoenix

https://swgoh.gg/u/darkhall/collection/237/grand-admiral-thrawn/
  • I was collecting gear and shards since the last time Thrawn was out. I tried at least 20 times, and 19/20 Thrawn first move is fracture ability, and my main problem is because he is always fracturing Hera.
  • Carefuljupiter
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I was collecting gear and shards since the last time Thrawn was out. I tried at least 20 times, and 19/20 Thrawn first move is fracture ability, and my main problem is because he is always fracturing Hera.

Well you could have better strategy. Chopper over Sabine. Chopper makes them survive so much longer.

This team beat it first try, with VERY good RNG I will admit (Chopper not Sabine):

Edit: actual link to my squad lol
    https://swgoh.gg/u/carefuljupiter/collection/?f=phoenix
    Post edited by Carefuljupiter on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Wow. This is way beyond even the normal conspiracy theory craziness around here. I am impressed.
  • I failed with g9 PS using Sabine, (first try) replaced with chopper, won the second time. Also, plenty of my guildmates did it with g8 PS, nothing is broken. They had to do many many attempts, but they managed. And for the record, health and protection mods would serve you better than speed. None of my PS cracks 200, not sure any crack 190
  • Git Gud buddy. There are no bugs/exploits/hacks or anything else. You are just veeeery bad at the game. Not being able to beat it with all g9 team is just laughable.
  • I got mine today with:

Hera g9
    Chopper g8
    Ezra g8
    Zeb g8
    Kanan g7

All uniques zetas and 200ish speed, except kanan 168 speed.
  • Hera G9, 219 speed
    Sabine G9, 210 speed
    Ezra G9, 211 speed
    Zeb G9, 201 speed
    Kanan G9, 178 speed
    All Omegas

Similar to my team. What mod sets did you use? If you load up damage to Ezra Sabine and lots of protection to kanan and Zeb you should be able to do it.

Remember to use kanan taunt and zebs protection up plus retribution. Makes a big difference. And backup plan on kanan.

Protect Ezra and Sabine and then it's doable. Leave Thrawn till last.
  • I didn't have any over 175 speed and used Chopper over Sabine. Maybe you're ,
    "strategy" isn't as strong as you think. I had Ezra at G10 and everyone else G8. I'm an iOS user too. Anymore myths you want debunking while we are here??
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    If Android are God Mods then Apple must be Devil Mods??
  • I used g8 with a lot if speed mods. Using chopper instead of Sabine. Took about 4 trys
  • 5 or 6 people in my guild did it with all g8, omega, and great mods. Just takes having a strategy and good rng. For one person, he cleared on his 66th attempt.
  • I was collecting gear and shards since the last time Thrawn was out. I tried at least 20 times, and 19/20 Thrawn first move is fracture ability, and my main problem is because he is always fracturing Hera.

Enter battle with a different lead, retreat, re-enter with Hera lead; see thrawn fracture someone else = win.

Let’s stop blaming your inability to adjust on “god” mode android users or some fantasy bug lol.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    I was collecting gear and shards since the last time Thrawn was out. I tried at least 20 times, and 19/20 Thrawn first move is fracture ability, and my main problem is because he is always fracturing Hera.

Well you could have better strategy. Chopper over Sabine. Chopper makes them survive so much longer.

This team beat it first try, with VERY good RNG I will admit (Chopper not Sabine):

https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/phoenix/

That's not a link to your Phoenix toons
  • If you havent chooper, you are a looser? If you haven't speed mods, you are a looser?Try 200x times, is it normal? Yoda, Palpatine weaker then Thrawn?..All events ok with g8 , now need chooper and luck..this is the problem.Sy my english, but just enought the lucky players comments and "strategic tips"
  • farferi wrote: »
    If you havent chooper, you are a looser? If you haven't speed mods, you are a looser?Try 200x times, is it normal? Yoda, Palpatine weaker then Thrawn?..All events ok with g8 , now need chooper and luck..this is the problem.Sy my english, but just enought the lucky players comments and "strategic tips"

There are literally 100s of videos on the thrawn event and unlocking him. Google/YouTube/Siri... these are your friends. Use them.