Why can't raids run like territory battles?

Have each phase last 12 hours. This way there is no special "rules" requiring 0 damage and what not. Keep the same format with toon usage then everyone gets their payout just like they do now. As a guild officer, it would take pressure off trying to enforce these rules. It takes 2 days anyway to refill tix for rancor so it wouldn't change anything.

Replies

• Dreislao
    380 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    One major issue is the sheer amount of micromanagement that is needed to run it efficiently. Not to mention the logistics of trying to get 50 people to hold, deploy, do Combat Missions across timezones. It's a nightmare already for a lot of guilds moving it to 12 hours would break up a good many of those. The same would apply to raids, often the ) damage phase is there to protect people who might be absent for whatever reason and so register a 0 to at least get rewards.
    I fight the good fight
  • There is no such thing as "Zero Damage" in raids. This is a rule set by your guild leader and officers. You're free to leave your guild if you don't like it. That''s what they decided to do and what works for the majority of people.
  • There is no such thing as "Zero Damage" in raids. This is a rule set by your guild leader and officers. You're free to leave your guild if you don't like it. That''s what they decided to do and what works for the majority of people.

They need to give rewards to everyone. Just auto post a 0 essentially. Requiring guilds to plan around that is just silly.
  • Omeah wrote: »
    1 person kills the whole phase in 5 mins, other 49 can't even register for 12 hours. Great idea ;@(&:!*]¥] Go learn to play by the rules or get lost

i think the idea is that the raid will have so much hp needed to kill it each phase (like how we need so many GP in each territory) so after the hp reaches the certain amount the phase is considered beat the next phase will unlock after 12 hours, but the current phase will still be there for people to attack all they like (just like territories, where you can still do everything even if the points are already maxed out)
  • Thank you Flux. Maybe I didn't explain what I meant but you did
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    That's actually a neat idea, you don't have to be around at the exact right 15 minute window to participate that way.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    Rcassino wrote: »
    Have each phase last 12 hours. This way there is no special "rules" requiring 0 damage and what not. Keep the same format with toon usage then everyone gets their payout just like they do now. As a guild officer, it would take pressure off trying to enforce these rules. It takes 2 days anyway to refill tix for rancor so it wouldn't change anything.

As long as the rewards are similar for everyone I could definitely be behind this. So then it's a team effort and there is no competing for the top spot. Just completing the raid as a team and getting rewarded as a team.
  • People already complain a lot that they have to log in too many times because of all the different things to do. 12 hour phases would definitely trigger a lot more of it