Guild Vs. Guild... Who asked for more content?

Replies

• Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I am pretty much retired. Getting thrawn because hell, figure I should. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on new player thing. Been playing nine months and still wouldn't be on interest to a major guild, even with cls.

My guild is top 100. Lowest GP we have is 1.2 mil. Only have 2 or 3 under 1.7. So for 9 months you are probably right.
  • 100% agreed. I always thought how is it possible that people complain about content when only very few players have a complete 100% collection. There is always something to do, to improve. Most recent example would be...how many guilds did 45 stars in TB? It will be probably 0 to 2 for a while...
    But now, it is definitely too much content, too fast. From the numerous packs, character releases, mods, etc...this is just too much. Please slow down the content release...we have enough with TB for few months already.
  • They equate time spent inside the app as a success indicator. Hahaha go figure
  • aeaswen wrote: »
    I honestly don't understand. The main complaints in this game is the time that it consumed. Terrority battles have made it just that much worse. You'd think they'd announce a change to GW or something that would reduce the time suck of this game. Instead, they've announced another game mode and a second terrority battle. Even more farming. Haven't we all seen the amount of burn out happening in the guilds lately?

I don't find TB riveting, nor do I find it cumbersome. It only takes maybe ten minutes a day. I can full auto the ship battles, and the first three days I can full auto the special battles.

I think TB is yet another waste, but I don't think it's that big a time sink......
  • @SWGAMER6

One would think by the lack of contributions of your posts you probably lack anything worthy of contributions in real life as well.

nothing more sad than a married man child like yourself attempting to troll on some forums for a game intended for 11 year olds lol.

I bet you're a real winner in real life....haha.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • G v G wont work until there are a range of teams that can win on defense
  • I asked for more content
  • No one said you have to participate
  • @SWGAMER6

One would think by the lack of contributions of your posts you probably lack anything worthy of contributions in real life as well.

nothing more sad than a married man child like yourself attempting to troll on some forums for a game intended for 11 year olds lol.

Sticks and stones tough guy...sticks and stones.
  • aeaswen wrote: »
    I did! I asked for more content! I asked for Guild vs Guild!

Who knows how well this will be executed, but the thing I love about PVP is you never outgrow it. Most other areas of the game have become ridiculously easy for long term players. I can auto GW. Most of my guild can solo the raids. TB are difficult now but eventually they will be the same way. But PVP modes are dynamic and will always be a challenge. So even though I obviously can't comment about how fun this mode will be, it's guaranteed to present an ever present challenge for guilds to work towards.

Please do tell what squad you have that can auto through CLS lead teams in Nodes 6, 9, 11, & 12.

wait, you still have node 11/12 to fight? mine are 4* toons >< but my node 6 is a pain in the rear haha
  • I dont see how G v G is considered more content...its just more of the same. I guess that's why I see TB as a disappointment. There is literally nothing new about it. Its the same stuff as the regular game, just added to a map with some requirements. Same style combat...same style ship combat and so on. I get that this is a mobile game and there are limitations, but if you take a chocolate cake, and slap on some frosting and some sprinkles, it doesnt change the fact that its still a chocolate cake

TB was just another string, in a long string of ways, EA gets "whales" and those who dont want to farm for months to spend more money by releasing new characters. Han with a new jacket, Leia in a new outfit and Old Herbert Yoda. The one thing I do like about TB is it sort of makes ya utilize all the junk characters to fill out platoons and so on
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    i been playing since launch and it only takes me 30 mins tops to do gw and dailies. Auto the pit in 8 mins . We clear the Haat in about 30 mins . Tb battles takes 20 mins tops and have all day to do it . Sounds like the people that don’t like G v G just haven’t been playing that long. Resistance easily beats GW farm them if you don’t have yet. New content seems to be geared as endgame content and there’s a lot of us been playing a couple years that are more than ready for that if your not be patient grind it out all we have is time in this game .
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »
    Yes the game is becoming too time consuming. Many people cry for more content, but these are a vocal minority who spend a lot of time on the forum and play the game 24/7. If you're playing the game 24 hours a day, then yeah, there won't be enough content but that's how the game was when most of us started playing. You could log in 10 minutes a day and do your dailies, no problem. Now it's taking more time each day, sometimes hours. I don't even bother with GW but TB is an obligation and a very time consuming one. It would be even worse still with 12 hour phases.

I don't play 24/7, barely an hour daily but I still want the content. Stop trying to fit everyone into two groups.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • TukkuRask
    79 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    " reduce the time sink (fixed that for you) of this game"

Amazing to me that so many people who play mobile games make statements like this, clearly showing they have given no thought about the (rather obvious) business goals of the companies that make them. They *want* us to spend as much time in game as possible.

And you can bet they have a junior analyst or two who spits out (not literally) reports every day to the "decision makers" with all kinds of metrics with fancy names and/or acronyms like Time in Game, Cost per Conversion, Bundle Conversion Rate, and of course my favorite, Pack Rewards Minimum Efficiency Rate - essentially how many suckers are getting the minimum reward in the over-priced packs they sell vs. the maximum reward (Hint: You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than pulling 330 shards).

However, I do agree with OP that with TB the game is an even bigger time sink than it was. There is a tipping point and I believe that with another TB coming out they'll cross it. Sure, there are thousands of people who play this game that, for whatever reason, have 5,6,10 hours a day of leisure time to spare so they'll be okay, but for anyone that can't or won't devote their life to SWGOH success will fall behind and likely quit.

Just ask CG's junior analyst, she's probably got a infographic already done up on this.
  • SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    @SWGAMER6

Aww...look the little married man child trolling the forums.

How old are you 30? Grow up there buddy. I'm sure your wifey would appreciate it.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Tman wrote: »
    Yes the game is becoming too time consuming. Many people cry for more content, but these are a vocal minority who spend a lot of time on the forum and play the game 24/7. If you're playing the game 24 hours a day, then yeah, there won't be enough content but that's how the game was when most of us started playing. You could log in 10 minutes a day and do your dailies, no problem. Now it's taking more time each day, sometimes hours. I don't even bother with GW but TB is an obligation and a very time consuming one. It would be even worse still with 12 hour phases.

I don't play 24/7, barely an hour daily but I still want the content. Stop trying to fit everyone into two groups.
    So you're telling me you do your dailies, hit all your refreshes, clear a GW, hit the raids and clear all your combat missions while listening to deployment orders in less than one hour? Something doesn't seem right there, I'm not sure if my comments even apply to you. You seem more like a person who doen't consume the entirety of available content yet you're still greedy for more.
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Pre-TB for an advanced player there was literally almost nothing to do. Clearing GW in less than 10/20 mins, spend your energy, couple of arena battles and a raid registration. And every 3 or 4 days you did HAAT, which unless you had a GK at 7* isn't worth the effort spending 2/3 hours in there.

TB is straining mainly on the leaders/officers as they have to coordinate heavily, but they signed up for it. An officer might spend roughly 4 hours a day and a regular member finishes his CM's in 10 mins and deploys.

So yes, we need more (better) content because there isn't enough to do. The game has gotten stale again, a couple of snowtrooper waves don't add much to our entertainment.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Faa wrote: »
    a regular member finishes his CM's in 10 mins and deploys.
    It takes me longer than that just to decide how I'm going to distribute my squads between combat missions and platoon missions. Thats before I even start on the combats.

• Matke wrote: »

Thank god they will add guild wars, i was about to quit the game due to how boring TB is

I am with you. TBs are way too long and very boring.
  • There does seem to have been a content overload lately. Not a bad thing but, yeah I see your point. Hopefully we can choose lightside/darkside TB to mix it up a bit.
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    GvG is fine, thats a game mode most players have wanted for a long time.

At the same time many of the comments on this thread are very true. Many parts of the game are stuck in early 2016 design while the game has grown a lot heading into 2018.

GW originally existed to be a place to use your whole collection. Now TB has replaced that role so GW is just a tedious time suck. GW can be consolidated into 3 hard nodes that together pay out the same prizes as current GW

Challenges were put on timers to help keep players logging in multiple times per day. Ship challenges were added on top of regular challenges. Now with 2 arenas, 2 raids, TB, normal node farming, plus whatever rotating event is on, and soon GvG, there are many many built in time deadlines that will incentivize multiple sign ins per day. Challenge timers are an anachronism whose purpose has been replaced by other parts of the game. Remove challenge timers and allow simming all rounds of all 3-starred challenges at once is a good next step

Arena matching - again arena matching shows the highest person you can attack based on RNG instead of a slider simply as a way to force game engagement. Back when there was only 1 arena and only challenges to keep you signing in, this was a cheap way to achieve the goal. But now with 2 arenas, and everything else listed above, it is more like a slap in the face re how much CG wants to waste time rather than an understandable feature. Arena matching also should show all possible battles and remove the rng element. This will actually reduce server load and is in CGs interest as well now that other forms of the game make it irrelevant.

Pack opening - this should be a batch, not single process. use a slider to select the number of packs to open then open them all. Also reduces server load for CG, also the right move heading in to 2018

The game is growing in good ways with new content. But that growth is only hampered by not re tuning other older parts of the game when their purposes are replaced by new content. The time suck is real. CG has the power to fix it. They should.
  • deadeye wrote: »
    What is wrong with "having" to play a game you already presumably like to play more than you already play it? Are you not enjoying just simply playing the game?

Emphasis on the word having, because you don't have to play the game, unless you want to constantly stay at the elite level and if you do want to play at that level, then you should be naturally be required to spend the most time playing. I mean that is pretty much the general rule of everything in life, right? Those who spend the most time doing something are usually better than those who spend less time doing it.

Why on earth would you fault the developers to adding more content

So you're telling me you do your dailies, hit all your refreshes, clear a GW, hit the raids and clear all your combat missions while listening to deployment orders in less than one hour? Something doesn't seem right there, I'm not sure if my comments even apply to you. You seem more like a person who doen't consume the entirety of available content yet you're still greedy for more.

Agreed. No way one plays close to fully in an hour.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member

Yes. I just treat this GAME as it was supposed to be treated as: a GAME!
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • @SWGAMER6

****. Harsh funny but harsh
  • Matke wrote: »

Thank god they will add guild wars, i was about to quit the game due to how boring TB is

Agreed
  • GvG is one of the things most guilds have been asking for since guilds got into the game, at least any competitive guild.
  • More content is great. But first if you could please fix daily ticket numbers, or stop auto-booting new recruits, that would be better.

Otherwise you are just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic...
  • I did! I asked for more content! I asked for Guild vs Guild!

Who knows how well this will be executed, but the thing I love about PVP is you never outgrow it. Most other areas of the game have become ridiculously easy for long term players. I can auto GW. Most of my guild can solo the raids. TB are difficult now but eventually they will be the same way. But PVP modes are dynamic and will always be a challenge. So even though I obviously can't comment about how fun this mode will be, it's guaranteed to present an ever present challenge for guilds to work towards.

Which characters do you use to auto GW?
  • SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    @SWGAMER6

Aww...look the little married man child trolling the forums.

How old are you 30? Grow up there buddy. I'm sure your wifey would appreciate it.

sdlbayO.jpg