Thrawn event 7*

2Next

Replies

• Bz183
    170 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Bz183 wrote: »
    My reaction to everyone complaining about RNG.

N2fEOxE.gif
    Winstar wrote: »
    Don't understand all you whiners. You all want one of the best toons in the game handed to you. If you did any research you would have known g8 px would require very good rng and take many attempts.

Cool "told you so" post bro

Not really an "I told you so" more so an "I'm not lazy, and did a quick Google search to find out what was required to complete the event" post bro

lol pretty sure most understood what was required. The event simply got harder and RNG is huge. I beat it, so I'm good now but I'm not blind to the fact it's an RNG nightmare.

It should be an "rng nightmare" if you only invest the minimum.

Hmmm so Zezra g10, Hera g10, kanan g9, Sabine g9, Zeb g8 is minimum? Interesting....whale fanboy

https://swgoh.gg/u/bz/

Lol you zetad Ezra. Lolololol check out my px. Notice the 7* thrawn as well.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Finally 7*d Thrawn with

All mods leveled to 15, speed like low 200 or near 200 on Chopper, Sabine, Ezra, Hera, lots of protection and crit damage sets. All abilities Omega'd. No one zeta'd.

For gear:
    G9 Ezra
    G9 Hera
    G8 Zeb, Kanan, and Chopper/Sabine (rotated between Chopper/Sabine, but my win came using Chopper).

ivPXal6.jpg

I stuck to this plan rigidly until the stars aligned perfectly:
    First focused on removing the taunt from the taunting lame stormtrooper, then lgnored him completely and proceeded to: Kill the two deathtroopers, then the other white armored troopers, then finally killed the taunter, then finally killed Thrawn. Threw the kitchen sink at him.

Took me an hour+ of messing around with mods, gear, and for the perfect RNG moment FTW.

Good luck everyone. I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to do it, but I did, and boy is it satisfying.

Glad I didn't have to G9 or 10 anyone else to seven star Thrawn but was prepared to go balls out to do so. I'm going to have my cake and eat it. :#

Here's when the magic happened:

LwG21TS.jpg

Prepare to die, you you crystal vacuum nerf smurf herder!
  • Bz183 wrote: »
    My reaction to everyone complaining about RNG.

N2fEOxE.gif
    Winstar wrote: »
    Don't understand all you whiners. You all want one of the best toons in the game handed to you. If you did any research you would have known g8 px would require very good rng and take many attempts.

Cool "told you so" post bro

Not really an "I told you so" more so an "I'm not lazy, and did a quick Google search to find out what was required to complete the event" post bro

lol pretty sure most understood what was required. The event simply got harder and RNG is huge. I beat it, so I'm good now but I'm not blind to the fact it's an RNG nightmare.

It should be an "rng nightmare" if you only invest the minimum.

Hmmm so Zezra g10, Hera g10, kanan g9, Sabine g9, Zeb g8 is minimum? Interesting....whale fanboy

https://swgoh.gg/u/bz/

Lol you zetad Ezra. Lolololol check out my px. Notice the 7* thrawn as well.

Yeah? Ezra is a good toon. I'm not struggling for zetas so why not? PS is required for TB and Ezra has multiple uses. Why are you being such a **** to everyone on the forum? Compensating for something maybe?
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    I tried somewhere around 200-300 times (Literally) with All G8 except Chopper (All abilities level 6/7, Omeaged Kanan and Hera Lead). Best I got was everyone dead except for thrawn down to half health where he proceeds to fracture Zeb (Dead) and finished the rest of my team :(
  • Landshark
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Just keep trying. Survival mods, health primary with survival secondaries except Sabine had with crit chance/health I think, but I already stripped the mods so I can't speak about them, apologies.

https://swgoh.gg/u/landsharkian/collection/

• farqs
    116 posts Member
    Hmmm so Zezra g10, Hera g10, kanan g9, Sabine g9, Zeb g8 is minimum? Interesting....whale fanboy[/quote]

I had a similar team setup and I'm not a whale.... don't get bitter, get better
  • I really don't know how the F*** you guys are doing this at gear lvl 8?

I have Hera, Sabine, Kanan, Zeb at G8. Ezra at G9. Everything is easy peasy until I get to the last wave, and then I just get ****. And yes, I've read all the suggestions. I've switched out my mods. I've maxed whatever Omegas I can. I make sure I have all my cooldowns ready by the 4th wave. And yes, I always try to use Zeb to assist to get his stun. That is when he's not fractured and dies.

Regardless of speed. The Deathtroopers always attack first. Even if I get a flourish against the taunting stormtrooper, someone gives out a buff and suddenly the stormtrooper has taunt again. Any character that gets fractured is pretty much good as dead. I place Backup Plan on them, and they get killed by a Deathtrooper they don't revive. Great. My best attempt so far I've managed to kill one Deathtrooper. I'm utterly bewildered how you guys are beating this at G8?
  • I just managed it last night - I think I tried somewhere in the region of 20 times(felt like 40) I had:

Ezra G10 Hera/Chopper/Zeb/Kanan at G8 all uniques omega'd and with an absolute max of +25 speed on each one of them mod wise(in other words nothing special)

I just kept plugging away, follow the kill order, and eventually it's going to go your way. Now I'm an F2P veteran of CLS and R2, I strongly believe that this RNG lottery is great! And here's why. These characters shouldn't be a gimme, and the fact that you have to play so many times mean that you actually know how to play with toons you don't use normally!
  • I really don't know how the F*** you guys are doing this at gear lvl 8?

I have Hera, Sabine, Kanan, Zeb at G8. Ezra at G9. Everything is easy peasy until I get to the last wave, and then I just get ****. And yes, I've read all the suggestions. I've switched out my mods. I've maxed whatever Omegas I can. I make sure I have all my cooldowns ready by the 4th wave. And yes, I always try to use Zeb to assist to get his stun. That is when he's not fractured and dies.

Regardless of speed. The Deathtroopers always attack first. Even if I get a flourish against the taunting stormtrooper, someone gives out a buff and suddenly the stormtrooper has taunt again. Any character that gets fractured is pretty much good as dead. I place Backup Plan on them, and they get killed by a Deathtrooper they don't revive. Great. My best attempt so far I've managed to kill one Deathtrooper. I'm utterly bewildered how you guys are beating this at G8?

Have you tried replacing Sabine with Chopper?
  • Lumovanis wrote: »

Sigh. I don't have Chopper 7* nor have I bothered to farm him. Had I known Chopper would have made this encounter easier, I would have farmed him instead of Sabine.

Sigh. I don't have Chopper 7* nor have I bothered to farm him. Had I known Chopper would have made this encounter easier, I would have farmed him instead of Sabine.

I feel your pain
  • I did it chopper at gear 7 and no ezra.
    Keep trying takes alot of tries.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/richyreynolds44/collection/?f=phoenix

Why "instead of"? They are in two different places, farming one doesn't interfere with the other. You can farm both at the same time.

Why "instead of"? They are in two different places, farming one doesn't interfere with the other. You can farm both at the same time.
    To play Devil's Advocate, there are a lot of really, really strong characters in the Cantina store. If you think you can do the event without Chopper, then you're likely to prioritize the other important characters--Poe, QGJ, Ahsoka, 5s, Scout... Heck, with BB8 now even First Order Officer.

To those folks, I would highly recommend that as soon as you finish whatever character you're farming, you immediately start Chopper so you're for sure done by the next time Thrawn comes around.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • My reaction to everyone complaining about RNG.

N2fEOxE.gif

• did it without chopper, all gear 8.
    mods
    kanan - health mods max protection.
    zeb - health, potency and tenancy sets, with 2 protection, defence, tenancy and sec potency.
    sabine - heath, speed sets, sec offese
    ezra - heath sets, sec crit chance, tenancy (for double attacks), protection and speed arrow
    hera - health seat, with sec speed and extra protection, health

did about 30-40 battles
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    YEAY I finally 7* Thrawn with G8 Hera, Kanan, Ezra, Sabine and G9 Zeb, omegaed Ezra, Kanan unique and Hera Lead.