Players Who Would Not Switch Guilds

Seeing that this topic is not really about Guild events nor character strategies, i opted to post it in General Discussions hoping to get honest feedback from players who might have similar thoughts or understand the topic at hand.

I hear the game had come a long way since 2015. With Territory Battles out, a lot of players do seem to have grasped the number of ways to maximize TBrewards. One of the simplest is to join other available already-established guilds.

I think the game even recommends us inviting more players as the most simple and effective means to get stronger in TB, and enjoy better rewards. Now, i had just read a DevPost encouraging players to join strong guilds. And that's ok. That's cool.

but, what happens to guilds with active / loyal members/ officers, who just want to see their group grow?

Some guilds promote merging with other better/stronger guilds, some try to recruit or pirate other players off of other existing guilds. It's all part of the game i suppose.

For this one, i can only use my guild as an example, i started playing StarWars Galaxy of Heroes by the end of January 2017, on my first week i joined a guild with 1/50 as its population. I will avoid naming players, but that player was surprised to see me join her/his newly founded guild. And w've been guildmates ever since.

What's a bit discouraging is our humble guild currently have about 20M Galactic Power only, and we have about 10 to 12 active members out of the 45 we have, and, i'm even one of the heavy hitters in the community (please note that I'm not that strong yet with only 1.4M GP, i can hold my own but im not quite there yet, no GK, no HanSolo, no QGJ no zMaul, no CLS, no R2, no Chaze, im on my way though but admittedly not quite there yet is what im saying, lol) On a side note, i did get plenty of offers welcoming me to other guilds but i had to humbly decline, but who knows?

So, are there any other players with similar thoughts or experience? I mentioned reading a dev post, part of what i read was the possibility of getting better gear12 rewards in the future. We're hoping that's true and can be made effective someday soon.

With such loyal members, we're all certain to be left behind. But the good thing is, we, in our guild understand and accept, that we will be left behind AS a guild.

the intention of creating this thread is to appeal to veterans and players who can maybe give constructive thoughts about the matter. We can all agree that we all enjoy this game with such passion and enthusiasm! But it does make me wonder, what happens to loyal players who would not switch guilds? no other hope?

Replies

• In all honesty, if you are 100% content not growing faster and getting better rewards and GK/Raid Han shards, then staying to help your guild grow is the best bet. I, myself grinded hard to build myself up and tirelessly recruited for my guild when no one else would. I stepped on people's toes, we lost some "loyal" people, but after MONTHS (Feb '17- Now), I've been able to make my roster one of the top in my guild (1.8 M GP) and we now clear HAAT with ease. Where we do struggle now is TB and getting full participation which requires more toe stepping and recruiting.

In all, the point of everything above is that I stayed in my guild and built it up and it was worth all the grind.
  • i am not recruiting though, this post is intended to increase awareness regarding players with similar situations, and a plea for earning satisfactory rewards as the devs gradually make adjustments.
  • It's all about what you want to do.

As soon as guilds were introduced into the game, my friends put one together and we've been playing since then. Occasionally someone would stop playing, so we needed to either merge or just all go our separate ways. What we ended up deciding is that if we merged, we might end up with people who take the game too seriously, and if we go our separate ways it wouldn't be fun because we wouldn't really be playing together anymore, just playing alongside one another. So what we did instead was just start accepting any and all comers who applied. A whooole bunch of low-level newbies and the occasional high level player who stumbled across us. A lot of those folks went inactive after a couple months, and we booted them to make room for more new folks. But a lot of them have stuck around and are cool folks.

So, bottom line, you have to decide what's most important to you. I want to play with my friends, so I don't mind growing slowly. I'm at 17/100 on Raid Han and still 0 GK, but it's fine. We're getting there.

If you decide you want to ditch your guild to grow faster, that's fine. It's your choice. I'd rather walk into the ocean, but that's just me.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • that's just it, i admit i'm tempted, but i know i will not act upon it since this game is a reflection of the player playing it. Loyalty is priceless. I'm proud of what i accomplished, @ 110/145 HanSolo, but 0/145 for GK, we tried 1x HaAT and we were suuuper unqualified to finish it lol

the post about having better gear12 rewards might be something that can alleviate the discrepancy with finishing 25* or 35* and 40-45* are just too unfair for guilds that can hardly finish 15*.

my guild can only finish 12-13* as we're too small a community for better rewards.
  • I admire your dedication to your group, and I'm the same way. I started a guild with a few other friends and we've grown considerably since those early days. We recruit daily (you can see a recruitment post for my guild in the Guild Recruitment area right now!) and it's hard out here to get new players to join your guild, especially when you're not an already established HAAT guild.

We've had people join, and we've had people leave without a word, all to move on to "greener pastures", but the ones that remain are the dedicated ones who aren't afraid to buckle down and meet the challenges head on. I commend anyone who decides they'll either work to succeed or fail trying, because it's the same conclusion we came to.

Now, we have a few members who have been doing nothing but working on HAAT teams and we're going to give it a try in November. Hopefully we'll do well, but if it doesn't work out, we'll at least know where we stand and what else we need to improve. In short, we're making up for the members we don't have by focusing and trying harder to actually accomplish the challenges, rather than riding the coattails of someone who has already done it.

Keep your head up. You may remain a smaller, less powerful guild for a long time, but eventually you and your loyal guild mates will become strong enough to topple the HAAT yourselves and once you've met that challenge, you'll have no trouble getting more players in, and everything will fall into place then. (At least, that's what I'm counting on!)
  • Tb changed the game. I have seen more guilds fall apart because of it. Good guild with good players. It's sad. Now you have to recruit daily to be competitive or risk losing momentum. If you are lucky enough to have a high GP you can almost right your own ticket to a higher gp guild. I had a post today and around it were five other guilds with very similar stats. On the other side guilds looking for a merge but not will to join another group. It all a little crazy and I have seen more players retire from the game in the last month then I can remember. I have hopes it gets better but sure it will get worse before it does. I hope I am wrong. We will see
  • I have been playing since about June of 16. Started out in the first guild I came across. It was baddddd. I was there a couple months and we never had enough tickets for a raid. I was promoted to officer without ever talking to anyone. Ever had tickets for a raid, knew nothing about game. I finally left and stumbled upon my second guild. Met some good people there but leader was AWOL. Would show up about once a week. Was promoted to officer, but we had a half dozen officers that hadn't been there in months. So, the active officers and I bolted. One became leader, I am in charge of recruiting. We had our vision for the guild. Team spirit, help each other grow and we took about 40 of the members with us.

We are now a top 100 raiding guild, but only have about 66 million gp. I myself have over a 2 mil GP, but I will never swap guilds. Half the fun of this game is progressing together.
    Never tell me the odds...
  • i feel so small, lol.

we only have about 4-5members with GP higher than 1M (thats including me), the rest.. well, we're at 20M GP sooo you do the math.

its all good. Here's to hoping for a more competitive/fair rewards for the little guys. lol
  • Don't give up. Hang true to what you want as a guild!
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    also some factors i seem to have come across about switching guilds and some members' sentiments about it are as follows:

1. Language barrier: Not all players feel comfy in multilingual guilds. Some just go for communities that uses specific dialects/language.

2. Contributions: Not everyone can afford to leave their weaker guild and startover in a stronger one especially if they are still starting out. Everyone's realWorld lives and schedule differs from one another.

3. Commitment and Obligations to each other and the guild: Per player motivation and willingness to keep up with the grind are two things to consider here. You cant expect everyone to be AS excited or as willing to put in the hours and prepare research behind this meticulous game. I can again, only speak for my guild, but we really do try to expedite gear development even thru smaller means like GuildRequests. They fear their new guilds might not be as generous. Bearing in mind that Generosity is being selfless and giving without expecting anything in return. This topic branches out some more, as there is a fine line between receiving said requests, and parasitism.

4. Loyalty : We've covered this, I know this is a sensitive topic, and we are not alone. I know that other players are fairly content and comfy in their own guild. And that should be commended and (i think) should earn some form of Reciprocated benefits. Also, bare in mind, i mean no offense as im sure others have done the opposite of this and are not an issue to them. It's just that, Loyalty is very hard to comeby ingame and in the real world. i've seen partnerships destroyed and companies crumble down due to the promise of "greener pastures".

5. Fun. we generally installed this game because it's a part of our modern lives that we like to enjoy. i know I started playing swgoh because i became a SW fan only since TheForceAwakens ep7. If the guild you're in is fun, there can never be any existing thoughts of leaving or transferring to other guilds.

6. Discord: Not everyone likes to use outside apps apart from Heroes, some liked the game because everything can be managed with using one app, one phone, and an internet access. And some players do not want to bother using helpful apps such as Discord. (Although i dont use it myself, i have respect for everyone who does and do not. Maybe i will try it someday? i dunno)

Soooo, going back.. What happens to us now? "us" as in players in guilds who do not want to change guilds? Will we be just left behind? GW nodes set to get harder and harder over time as most established players will just get stronger too quickly and the average ones only get stronger so little. It does not compare as equal.
  • This is a good topic.
    There are times I want to jump ship from my guild and say screw it. Mainly when I lose a very active player. Then I just say no, I'll hold on a few more days and see what happens.
    After my last defector, just when TB was starting I decided was gonna call it quits when it was all over. I mean it leaves me with 11 active but that's ok. Well heck we got more stars this time then we ever had and I said ok, I'm going at this a little longer.
    Do I want to be in a guild that does raids every day? Yeah would love to, but I know it's not gonna happen.
    The reason being, a guild should grow together and we're still growing
  • @CG_Kozispoon , this is my first time sharing this topic to a Dev, it might be worth it to try.
  • and im sorry for some typo's here and there
  • @Enye164 I'd say that the short answer to your question is: Yes, you will be left behind. But not because of TB. My guild gets 30k tickets every single day. So we raid nearly everyday, get lots of gear and guild currency, can compete more in the arena, get more crystals from arena, can purchase refreshes and gear with those crystals, etc. You were already being left behind. TB has now made it glaringly apparent, though.
    I absolutely admire your loyalty. Absolutely. To me, loyalty is so important in every area of life.
    So I think the more important question is how you are using your loyalty and why. What is the goal and expectations of you and of your guild. It appears to me that your loyalty is being wasted by a guild you care about but hardly anyone else does. If you have 35/45 inactive members, they will hardly care what happens to you or the guild. So your loyalty is to the name of your guild, which only has importance to you and a few others.
    If your goal is to advance as quickly as possible in the game, then your guild is not being effective at that and your loyalty is misplaced. If the goal of the guild is to work together and strive to be the best you can as a team, I applaud you and think you should stick with it. But it sounds like that's only the goal of ten of you, and the rest are just there cause it's better than having no guild at all.
    I propose you take your ten active members and find a guild that wants ten active members. Bring your loyalty to them and you all will benefit more for it. The only ones hurting from that would be your 35 inactives who probably won't care in the least.
    Those are my thoughts. I just don't want you to be committed so much to people that don't give a **** about your loyalty and commitment. You will still be left behind and most of your guild won't even appreciate your commitment.
  • I know you repeatedly said you don't want to move guilds, which I still admire, but as long as that's the case, your options are doing lots and lots of hard recruiting (not many people looking for sub-15* guilds) or be left behind. It's the cold truth as I see it.
  • i wish it was that easy. its only a game afterall. But for whatever effort we all put into this game, I wish everyone is still having fun playing SWGOH regardless of content, old or new. It's going to be hard pleasing everyone. I cling to whatever tweaking and readjusting the devs might creatively think of to make the gaming experience more satisfying for players who go the extra mile.

There's lots of positive feedbacks relating to many aspects of the game. We appreciate listening ears and we expect an even more satisfying entertainment which would infact be mutually beneficial between the creators/makers and players/consumers of the game.
  • Enye164 wrote: »
    i wish it was that easy. its only a game afterall. But for whatever effort we all put into this game, I wish everyone is still having fun playing SWGOH regardless of content, old or new. It's going to be hard pleasing everyone. I cling to whatever tweaking and readjusting the devs might creatively think of to make the gaming experience more satisfying for players who go the extra mile.

There's lots of positive feedbacks relating to many aspects of the game. We appreciate listening ears and we expect an even more satisfying entertainment which would infact be mutually beneficial between the creators/makers and players/consumers of the game.

Something that might have been a good idea to add incentive to sticking with a guild would have been to have more Guild oriented achievements. Stuff like "Finish X amount of raids in the same guild" and the number would reset if you were guild hopping.

Of course that would be great to reward those of us who stick with our guilds, but I also feel that it would be unfair to punish people whose guilds go south through no control of their own, plus putting other people in charge of a person's progress in such an achievement could present some unfortunate situations.... Still, something along those lines would be interesting to consider in terms of encouraging people to stick with their guilds.
  • win-win scenarios would be much more preferred. Just have to be creative about it.
  • I left a guild because I felt the communication was bad. I never could figure out what raids I was allowed to participate in and when I could contribute.
    Then after talking with some friends at work we decided to form our own guild. Some of us even have second accounts to help generate raid tickets. It feels good to be able to see everyone grow together and we all help the newer players get stronger.
    When TB came into the game we discussed disbanding the guild and joining better established guilds so that everyone could receive better rewards. Ultimately we decided to stay together. It is a real sense of accomplishment when we get another star.
    It's not the biggest guild but it's our guild and I wouldn't want it any other way.
  • As someone who founded a guild on day 1 of guilds being available, which was 25th April 2016 I think.

I still run this guild, and we have lots of fun, everyone has GK, and OG Han because a few of us carried the guild. TBs has been good as well with the prize tier within 31 - 41. The satisfaction of doing it as a whole guild is priceless.

Here's my 2 cents...

How serious are you about the game?

Communication:
    If you are, then figure out if you want the guild to be serious as well, get everyone together. Make sure you setup Discord, LINE, or Whatsapp chat groups, personally I recommend Discord.

Farming:
    Get everyone aligned to farm the right toons to get across raids, and TBs. The latter requiring more but start with Captain Han, and the Hoth Brothers.

Have fun!

If you are serious but don't like managing things, join a bigger guild or merger with another.

• Enye164
    267 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    do we have any updates about getting better rewards in TB ? especially for guilds who can only 10*-12* TB's.
  • EA/CG legitimately wants you to boot lackluster members who don't pay to play, and recruit players who do. Every update they push just reinforces this.
  • i dont mind being in a small guild, ours is just really homey and fun. but the TB rewards are just merciless for guilds like us
  • You need to build your guild up a little bit then, that's going to be the answer to increasing your TB ranking
  • You need to have a booting policy. If you have inactives, remove them. You will just have to get into the dog eat dog world of recruiting. It takes some practice, but an ad can make or break you. If someone posted a half hour ago, 99 out of 100, you won't hear from them and don't waste your breath. I would venture to say that everyone that has posted here is the guild recruiter.
  • Just came across this post - and in all honestly, I was about to create a similar post...
    I feel your pain - I share you pain - I live your pain.
    I'm in a small guild too - 34 members, with about 20 'active' ones. My GP (which is about 2M) is MORE 10% of the entire guild GP. So it's descent, but the way the guild is growing, it's going to take YEARS (if I'm lucky) before I'm going to be able to see some GK shards :-(
    And it's HARD to see all the 'good stuff' flash by.

Easy answer is to bail, and switch guilds, go for the gold and glory.
    BUT:
    - That just reinforces the whole issue - When the 'good' or 'established' players leave, it leaves behind the rest of the guild in 'shambles', make it even harder to grow and get better (not to mention blows all their hope to do another heroic rancor raid)
    - And thus perpetuate the problem of being 'stuck' in a small guild...
    - Which demoralizes the players that get left behind (and create a situation where people will NEVER again talk to you anymore :-( )

And yes, I've been actively looking around, trying to recruit or get people to join, but it's hard, because you have a CONSTANT turnover of players (either quitting to play, or moving on to another guild)

What I'm suggesting / throwing in the ring:

I do feel that a portion of the Raid and TB rewards should be based on the 'effort' the guild makes.
    Silly -unrealistic- example, but it illustrates the point I'm trying to make:
    - If you have have a guild with a total GP of 10M - and score 10 stars in TB
    - You should get MORE rewards than a guild with over 100M, that scores only 10 stars (or even 20 stars)...
    The number of stars can be a piece of the rewards, but there SHOULD be some kind of participation reward...
    (Positive note about TB: Hermit Yoda shards - It will go slowly, but at least you CAN get some, even in a small guild...)

And just to throw another 'idea' out there:
    Q) Why not add a 'participating price' for doing non-heroic rancor and AAT raids? (like 1 Han Solo or GK shard for all participating players in the raid)
    That one shard is not going to make a HUGE difference for the rest of the SWGOH community, but it's a morale booster, and at least gives players something to strive for, even in their small guild...
    With just 1 shard per raid, it would still take over 2 years to get a 7* toon if you were able to do a raid every 2 day. ( For rancor raids, it can be tiered - like top-3 for tier4, top-5 for tier5, etc... <- Give players that incentive to get better, and go for the 'higher' raid...)
    And realistically: If you can do Raids every 2 days and finish them, you probably have enough power to start thinking about heroic ones anyways, and go for the full allotment of shards...
    The way it works now in my guild, we do 3 NAAT raids every 2 weeks - So with 1 shard per raid, would still mean over 4 years to get the GK complete...
  • Everyone has been obsessed with GP ever since it was introduced. It kind of leaves all of the in-between guilds in a tough spot, merge to increase TB rewards for your guild or lose your top members to poachers. The fun in building a quality guild through loyalty and teamwork has kind of disappeared. It’s less about what a player can provide to the guild and more about what GP they are bringing. Also the small recruting window between TBs makes it difficult to gain any ground you lose if members leave for a “better” guild.
  • Amen - Agree 100%
    Which is also the reason I have NOT switches guilds - So we can build and 'grow'...
    But it's like you said - sloooow going....
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    again, not here to recruit. im talkin about rewards so we, the type of guilds with limited resources, can somehow help ourselves be better and maybe someday we can help others cuz we were able to help ourselves (slowly but surely).

its really hard to extend help to others if u cant help yourself.

• _

-