Why are they moving/hiding bugs and issues?

So bugs and issues at being moved to Answers HQ, where "players can help players" understand why daily tickets are STILL not fixed, or why that new recruit just got booted from your guild.

Why the rug sweep?

Replies

• Options
    Nielsen ratings are going down because Sith are taking a knee during the Republic anthem
  • Options
    It's not just those that get buried either, but general issues that have no other place but to be in the general discussion get moved to obscure boards that barely anyone frequents.
    I fight the good fight
  • Options
    why had ships dodging resist and focused target been increased so much since crystal update with no word
  • Options
    So that the praise and thanks threads don't get buried in general, obviously.
    It's already hard enough to find them amidst all the useless speculation threads in there.
  • Options
    Most things negative get deleted or moved for sure... heads in sand
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    coeuss wrote: »
    Most things negative get deleted or moved for sure... heads in sand

Actually not true (about deleted). On the things that violate ToS or Forum Guidelines get removed. As for negative there is plenty of that around, so....yeah.

As for the move, there is more to the forums than the first 3 pages of General, under the guidance of our fearless leader (Kozi) we are trying to bring life to different areas and also change the layout to make it more useful (as seen by the new "events" section.

OP:

I don't know the reasoning but from my understanding they are consolidating Bugs and Issues with EA Answers HQ to help get a better flow of information and work flow for bugs and issues. There is nothing nefarious going on.
  • Easybee
    140 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    OP:

I don't know the reasoning but from my understanding they are consolidating Bugs and Issues with EA Answers HQ to help get a better flow of information and work flow for bugs and issues. There is nothing nefarious going on.

I hope you are right. As a sign of good faith they could acknowledge that daily tickets is way overdue, and stop closing threads on the auto boot bug claiming it has been fixed when it obviously has not.

• Options
    The only plausible excuse is so whomever sorts through bug reports has an easier job, but by doing so you are creating much more work for mods and employees that have to move/delete threads that are about bugs posted in the wrong forum; more work for user, that they have to go through two forums to report a bug. It is a nightmare for players and whatever manager made that decision, I'll just say I wouldn't hire them.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner