Dark Side Territory Battle Map: Ideas and Predictions?

Replies

• We will now all experience the full powwah of the dark side
    NO. NEVER.

I fainted when I saw DS TB. Only g11 DS character I have is DN and Krennic

Lol good. On a side note of all the dark side characters krennic is one of the the toughest to get to 7 how did that happen?

well I did him for Imperial Grand Maneuveur (hence the near 6* Shoretrooper)
  • Omeah wrote: »
    We will now all experience the full powwah of the dark side
    NO. NEVER.

Lol good. On a side note of all the dark side characters krennic is one of the the toughest to get to 7 how did that happen?

@SadSpartans he said G11, not 7*

I have a g11 7* Krennic, https://swgoh.gg/u/anzgc-flyingfalcon/
  • I think it will be Hoth cause it's there already
  • Omeah wrote: »
    NO. NEVER.

Wow. You literally have almost no dark side characters whatsoever. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an unbalanced roster before.
  • Why not... Endor... or Scarif ? Both include ground and "air" combat...
  • It is actually going to be Endor.
    Empire vs Endor rebels and ewoks.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    NO. NEVER.

Wow. You literally have almost no dark side characters whatsoever. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an unbalanced roster before.

For 2 years though the devs have allowed this to not only be a winning / viable strategy, but arguably a smart one in terms of resources. He's basically ignored the entire faction - whole section of the game and SW universe. Notice his average arena rank - 2 - so achieving at the highest level of what most have considered the key content in the game since inception.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    NO. NEVER.

For 2 years though the devs have allowed this to not only be a winning / viable strategy, but arguably a smart one in terms of resources. He's basically ignored the entire faction - whole section of the game and SW universe. Notice his average arena rank - 2 - so achieving at the highest level of what most have considered the key content in the game since inception.

Very true. Arguably, the only thing a player would have missed out on that has been worth having is unlocking R2 with Empire.

Other than that, there has not been any significant strategic reason to farm DS characters, and that just seems insane after two years but it is true.
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member
    Shame to hear Jakku - I was hoping for a DS map on Geonosis, but we do have the separatist event on Geo as well as AAT so I guess it's kinda been done.

Still would have been cool I think.
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member
    I think It would be nice just to flip TB Hoth to Darkside, as well as create new TB maps such as Jakku, Geonosis etc etc and have light and dark side versions of each - jest keep alternating week to week - that'd be cool and provide some sort of variety to the game, where essentially it is the same thing over and over.
  • Scarif
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    NO. NEVER.

SadSpartans he said G11, not 7*

I disagree, ignoring DS the way he did definately held him back one way or the other. Not as much as it would have held a player back that ignored LS they way he ignored DS though, that much is true. Ignoring either LS or DS will hurt a player's overall progress. Looking at his swgoh.gg account i'm reasonably sure there was some spending involved (no judgement), but it's a factor in his overall performance/progression that needs to be taken into account.
    I do have more LS characters g11+ than DS characters though. 24 LS, 14 DS. In my humble oppinion i did reasonably well in every aspect of the game, so i do consider gearing more LS characters beneficial for performance/progression. It probably could have been less skewed without "hurting" me though, maybe even beneficial, i dunno.
    Anyway, i actually like DS just as much as LS, the LS options were just more appealing to me at the time. Since the DS map is comming it's a great moment to start foccussing on DS a little more. I wanted to farm certain factions/teams for a while and now there's a good enough reason to prioritize those farms ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Scarif
    I'm guessing it will require empire
    Only other faction with a sub-faction; troopers
    Many of the DS toons we have were active during the period
    Plus, ta-da! It would require Krennic, Death & Shore troopers, Veers, etc. which would force many people to spend money.
  • Geonosis would be great, IMO, and give them a way to have a setting for Jango Fett, Padme, and such.

Endor, Death Star II, seems especially likely, given the mix of space and land.

I hope it's not Hoth. It makes sense what they did for the rebels, since there is infrastructure that you, as the defender, can build up (the Ion Cannon, the Power Generator for the shields). Flip the field and what infrastructure will the empire folks be building up? It makes more sense to be the defender in these territory battles, I think.
  • Aachthor wrote: »
    Why not... Endor... or Scarif ? Both include ground and "air" combat...

I was trying to focus ones around other factions rather than Empire vs Rebels, but those are both preferable ideas to another Hoth map
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Geonosis would be great, IMO, and give them a way to have a setting for Jango Fett, Padme, and such.

Endor, Death Star II, seems especially likely, given the mix of space and land.

I hope it's not Hoth. It makes sense what they did for the rebels, since there is infrastructure that you, as the defender, can build up (the Ion Cannon, the Power Generator for the shields). Flip the field and what infrastructure will the empire folks be building up? It makes more sense to be the defender in these territory battles, I think.

It doesn't have to be infrastructure to build up -- it can just as easily be things you can take down.
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Jedi Temple

New characters
    DS Anakin
    Inquisitors
    Knights of Ren

Final boss
    Jedi Zombie Han Solo
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    KueChael wrote: »
    Sand and snow don't mix. I see bounty hunters, empire, imperial troopers. As the 3 main factions for extra missions.

Brrrrrr This White Sand is ccccc cccoooollld!
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    NO. NEVER.

Arena rank doesn't mean jack squat so long as there are discord channels determining who gets what payout. You can ignore whatever faction you want under that sort of system
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NO. NEVER.

Arena rank doesn't mean jack squat so long as there are discord channels determining who gets what payout. You can ignore whatever faction you want under that sort of system

Not until recently has anyone been able to beat anyone however. If you wanted to stay high in arena, you needed certain toons, hence the meta. Arena chats are primarily so you don't have to be watching your rank non stop for an hour.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NO. NEVER.

That is not true at all. My shard communicates but is VERY competitive. You still have to beat the squad you’re attacking and that’s not a given.
  • Grrrrrreeevious!
  • leef wrote: »
    NO. NEVER.

SadSpartans he said G11, not 7*

I disagree, ignoring DS the way he did definately held him back one way or the other. Not as much as it would have held a player back that ignored LS they way he ignored DS though, that much is true. Ignoring either LS or DS will hurt a player's overall progress. Looking at his swgoh.gg account i'm reasonably sure there was some spending involved (no judgement), but it's a factor in his overall performance/progression that needs to be taken into account.
    I do have more LS characters g11+ than DS characters though. 24 LS, 14 DS. In my humble oppinion i did reasonably well in every aspect of the game, so i do consider gearing more LS characters beneficial for performance/progression. It probably could have been less skewed without "hurting" me though, maybe even beneficial, i dunno.
    Anyway, i actually like DS just as much as LS, the LS options were just more appealing to me at the time. Since the DS map is comming it's a great moment to start foccussing on DS a little more. I wanted to farm certain factions/teams for a while and now there's a good enough reason to prioritize those farms ;)

I did spend a bit, btw i didnt see any point of getting ds after maxing nihilus who did ds battles for me...
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    NO. NEVER.

Not until recently has anyone been able to beat anyone however. If you wanted to stay high in arena, you needed certain toons, hence the meta. Arena chats are primarily so you don't have to be watching your rank non stop for an hour.
    NO. NEVER.

That is not true at all. My shard communicates but is VERY competitive. You still have to beat the squad you’re attacking and that’s not a given.

Guys, it's not like his Arena team is Ugnaught and nothing else. My point is he could put together a droid team or sith team or whatever, so long as it's good enough to beat the number one, and then otherwise completely ignore light side and still be number 2 every day.

My point is that saying the devs "allowed him" to do well enough by ignoring dark characters is disingenuous because he'd have done just as well by ignoring light side because of Arena rank fixing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    NO. NEVER.

NO. NEVER.

Guys, it's not like his Arena team is Ugnaught and nothing else. My point is he could put together a droid team or sith team or whatever, so long as it's good enough to beat the number one, and then otherwise completely ignore light side and still be number 2 every day.

My point is that saying the devs "allowed him" to do well enough by ignoring dark characters is disingenuous because he'd have done just as well by ignoring light side because of Arena rank fixing.

I can’t speak for everyone’s shard, but with mine you are incorrect. There is no “fixing”, just an agreement not to attack within an hour of someone’s payout.

Top teams cannot be beaten with just any squad.
  • @NicWester unless you had very specifcally built and strong DS teams though, strong includes as good or better mods than your opponents, for many parts of this game's tenure you could not win with DS against the LS teams. Arena payouts are not fixed or rigged, they are just agreements to not attack in certain hours, but there's no hand-out wins. Droids haven't been able to take 1 reliably for quite some time. Additionally, if you didn't have great mods on DS teams, not only would you be incapable of winning, but you'd drop like a rock in rank. The LS teams, GK + Zarriss for example or anything with Rex as a lead, are not really mod dependent....same with Chaze when it was at its peak. Just let all the heal mechanics / TM gain do it's thing.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Darkside teams are still very capable of taking 1st easily.....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    NO. NEVER.

NO. NEVER.

I can’t speak for everyone’s shard, but with mine you are incorrect. There is no “fixing”, just an agreement not to attack within an hour of someone’s payout.

Top teams cannot be beaten with just any squad.

wait what? you're switching teams in order to be able to win on offence? edit
    My shard chat is the same btw, we don't hit eachothers pay-out outside of our own pay-out. Not all shard chats are the same though, some are more pro-active when it comes to keeping strangers out of the top10 and locking eachother for 10/15 minutes by attacking eachother. I even heard of players removing mods in order to let their friend take their rank, but admitedly i don't think that's a very common thing to happen.
    Save water, drink champagne!