Breaking the Rule?

I am a leader of a guild, and i set a rule for heroic battles of a 24 hour zero tag. A member (not officer) blatently broke the rule (and scored a decent size), so i kicked them ot. my questiuon is, if a person has been removed from a guild in swgoh can they rejoin? I made a note of their sign in name (they may change it i know), but if they want to rejoin the same guild i will remove them.

Replies

• Yes they can rejoin. It's unlikely though.
  • Thats quite extreme even for a blatant disregard of a guilds rules, usually you at least off them a chance to apologise and sit out the next raid. However given you did kick them its as @Nack_Alfaghn says they will be unlikely to want to rejoin you.
    I fight the good fight
  • I asked for them to reply and explain but no reply.
    Since then I have found out that underage players cannot see the chat, so sooner or later if they keep doing it they will learn, maybe they should look at advice on here or the net to learn more.
  • I certainly dont blame you. Too many leaders/officers arent willing to enforce their own rules.
    Anyways, you could always make the guild invite only.
  • I certainly dont blame you. Too many leaders/officers arent willing to enforce their own rules.
    Anyways, you could always make the guild invite only.

I don't blame him either, but let me offer a slightly different perspective.

I'm a guild leader and also have the zero damage for 24hrs rule. BUT the way I see it is that rule is there to prevent the raid from being completed in matter of minutes. So I have a couple of guys/girls who either can't see the chat because of age or don't speak English, and as such post damage in the zero damage period. The damage they post is likely to be around 200k, as the damage they post isn't "raid changing" and since they ARE good contributors elsewhere I don't worry about it too much. Hell it doesn't even really effect the overall scoreboard, because the scores they post are so minimal. Now I know that some might point out that if they posted 0 then they would be tying with all the other 0's and because they aren't it's unfair... True I suppose but as the scores are easily overtaken personally I don't worry about it.

I could continually toss people out but I don't think that it would drive my guild to the next level, if I thought it would I'd do it. But I don't.

• I think you had to kick them btw.
  • The person looks like an adult as they had a proper sign in name, they had over 700k damage and I checked twice and it was still increasing, I asked them to stop and message me, they refused so I booted them. We had 50 members and the top 3 could easily complete the heroic in about 15-30 mins so I wanted everyone to get rewards not just the top ones. Also the person I kicked out had scored decent damage in the Tank and was in the top 8 so they had a decent squad, not fair on the rest of the guild. I have said to the guild if you cannot post a zero score then that is ok tell me and explain and we will accommodate ( for instance if they only have 1 squad of 7 star toons then we know they won't do a massive hit on the raid).
    Maybe lessons to learn from me but the rest of the guild especially the top members are adhering to the rules.
    Allys fair in love and war they say!
  • Not thought about nite only, how does it differ from normal guild?
    Pros and cons?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    if you really don't want him to rejoin your guild, screenshot the ally code.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sadly I did not get the ally code.
  • @FredsFatties I see your point. But the game chat has become increasingly unreliable. Most guilds require better communication for raids and TB. Maybe they were using discord or line, not sure. But if a member shows they are unwilling to communicate, then they are unwilling to be a team player.

@jaguarxjsport Do you mean invite only? Same as any normal guild. But you have to actively look for people to recruit instead of letting randoms join up.
    Pros: the people you do find are often more reliable and willing to help the guild grow and reach your goals.
    Cons: Like i said, takes a bit more effort in recruiting. There are plenty of resources though. This forum has a recruiting area and discord has a good recruitment server.
  • The person looks like an adult as they had a proper sign in name, they had over 700k damage and I checked twice and it was still increasing, I asked them to stop and message me, they refused so I booted them. We had 50 members and the top 3 could easily complete the heroic in about 15-30 mins so I wanted everyone to get rewards not just the top ones. Also the person I kicked out had scored decent damage in the Tank and was in the top 8 so they had a decent squad, not fair on the rest of the guild. I have said to the guild if you cannot post a zero score then that is ok tell me and explain and we will accommodate ( for instance if they only have 1 squad of 7 star toons then we know they won't do a massive hit on the raid).
    Maybe lessons to learn from me but the rest of the guild especially the top members are adhering to the rules.
    Allys fair in love and war they say!

Guild leader of a haat and 32/45 TB guild. You did the right thing removing him, its unfair on your other members who actually follow the rules, minor damage of under 50k can be given a warning but if the person was doing 700k+ id kick them in a heartbeat, if you want an organised and successful guild people who cant follow simple instructions are not worth having. the fact he was an officer makes it even worse.
  • Tuscan21
    514 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Best advice I ever received was don't take any cute kittens as a guild leader.
  • @ kenjamin, yes invite only
    @ zaraos, they were just a member not an officer, was in rancor heroic, and they were in top 6 in AAT raids, so decent squads.
    Also they have rejoined the guild,I now have their ally code, I have asked for an explanation but so far no reply, if I don't hear anything is it right I make the guild invite only, the other members especially the top ones who could clear at least a phase out are following the rules.
  • I also passed my email on to the guild for increased information and top ones replied, so they are definitely on board.
  • How do I make it invite only?
  • I suggest you start an external guild chat (Discord is nice), and make it mandatory to join. Discord has notifications, so anything important can be posted and tagged with every guild member.

I believe you had the right idea kicking that player. Truth is, people get unruly once one person gets away with breaking the rules. One person's actions basically just upset 49 other players. It's better to have one slightly disgruntled player, than a whole guild of rightfully upset members.

Once you get the guild chat going on Discord or wherever, you can explain why you kicked that player (although they are likely gone for good at this point), so that everyone knows that it's not okay to break the 0 damage rule. You can make some kind of guideline where you kick a player who scores too early in a match, but reinvite them immediately afterwards. They won't get rewards for the raid, so no one else loses out for the misfire. This obviously has to be tweaked for TB.

Just my two cents. It sounds harsh at first, but down the road you will be glad you put down some basic rules and consequences.
  • @ exarthekun , thank you for that I will look, into it, the member rejoined about 2 hours ago, I ask for areas on why they did what they did, no reply as yet, I know they will not get rewards for the raid , I want it to be fair for everyone follow the rules and everyone a winner.
    Maybe I will have to get in touch with ea games and ask if they can permanantly stop them fom rejoining with same name or different name, the ally code will remain the same though , so I know who it is.
  • invite only will stop him from rejoining, and I agree you should kick him. My guild when we let in someone like that we always say hello and try to get some conversation going in game and inform them of the line chat we use. If there is no reply from the person then its almost always a bad sign. They will not know the rules and break them and get kicked every time.
  • I do the same thing, I boot for blatant disregard of rules and no apology, etc. We need to be able to remove people from TW the same way, though. I have a few members that recently joined, didn't offer up any reason why they joined TW and did not participate, and before I could boot, they joined the very next TW without response... They will be gone after this one if no response and no participation. Simple rules, but so many see fit to not be chat active, responsive, etc. Hoping SWGOH reads these and considers adding the option to leaders/officers to remove people from TW's too. I take screenshots of those before I boot of their ally code so they don't come in under another name too, which has happened to me before too. Just a thought for leaders!
  • Ensoniq
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    We're having the same issues in the guild I'm in. It always the the same players reoffending. One, I have only seen post once in chat, The other does here and there. It ends up upsetting me and I don't want these guys grabbing number one so I basically have to step in and stop them. Its been over a handful of times.
    One earns tickets and one doesn't and he's an officer. The officer is good to have on our side because he's a decent player, however, You can't see no participation in TW.
    Our guild just moved to another account and lost half of our guild, but, they where awol anyway and we couldn't use the full options of the game because the leader disappeared. So the officer from that guild is now the leader and rightfully so.
    We're now down to under 30, players and a great bunch of guys. So we're not really in a position to be tossing people.. Stinks because I would like other players to at least be able to see the first phase but you got these 2, yahoo's always jamming the raid up.
    Seemed we had no trouble with people joining our last guild, but, i have yet to see a player at level 85, come through.
    I mean we're having a hard enough time just getting players to sign up for TW. We have a GP of 23, mil.
    So we end up battling guilds with 50, members and we actually go in to war with 19, level 85, players..we've lost only once... Its been kind of
    Stressful sorry for the gab..
    I mean should we just boot them and cut our losses?
  • Ensoniq wrote: »
    We're having the same issues in the guild I'm in. It always the the same players reoffending. One, I have only seen post once in chat, The other does here and there. It ends up upsetting me and I don't want these guys grabbing number one so I basically have to step in and stop them. Its been over a handful of times.
    One earns tickets and one doesn't and he's an officer. The officer is good to have on our side because he's a decent player, however, You can't see no participation in TW.
    Our guild just moved to another account and lost half of our guild, but, they where awol anyway and we couldn't use the full options of the game because the leader disappeared. So the officer from that guild is now the leader and rightfully so.
    We're now down to under 30, players and a great bunch of guys. So we're not really in a position to be tossing people.. Stinks because I would like other players to at least be able to see the first phase but you got these 2, yahoo's always jamming the raid up.
    Seemed we had no trouble with people joining our last guild, but, i have yet to see a player at level 85, come through.
    I mean we're having a hard enough time just getting players to sign up for TW. We have a GP of 23, mil.
    So we end up battling guilds with 50, members and we actually go in to war with 19, level 85, players..we've lost only once... Its been kind of
    Stressful sorry for the gab..
    I mean should we just boot them and cut our losses?

Repeat offenders have to be booted. You can't ask the majority to hold back and just live with the few bad ones. It may seem to hurt you in the short term, but you'll be far better off in the long run.

In my guild description I wrote that they must say hi and ask for rules upon joining. If they have no chat ability, or can't follow such a simple rule, i don't even waste my time with them. I also watch login frequency. If someone joins and then doesn't log in for 24hrs they're gone.