Please make the Thrawn event more challenging

OMGILOVEBANANAS
64 posts Member
edited February 8
(removed)
Post edited by OMGILOVEBANANAS on

Replies

• They should add an extra just for funzies tier to all legendary events.
  • OMGILOVEBANANAS
    64 posts Member
    edited February 8
    (removed)
  • Thrawn event too ez...? is this a troll. Its actually incredibly hard. I barely scraped by because I moved all my best mods to phoenix but its much harder of an event than r2 or bb8 events
  • OMGILOVEBANANAS
    64 posts Member
    edited February 8
    (removed)
  • PiffGuru wrote: »
    Thrawn event too ez...? is this a troll. Its actually incredibly hard. I barely scraped by because I moved all my best mods to phoenix but its much harder of an event than r2 or bb8 events

Lots of people cleared it with g8 and some of us even did it with g7 peppered in. My opinion is that legendary characters like Thrawn should require more investment. All the ones so far have been super easy to get, even for free players, and for characters of this caliber, I feel that the bar should be set higher (and we should be given more notice to prepare accordingly though as well).

Ok so I agree Ive seen people SAY they cleared thrawn with all g8 and no speed mods but I gotta say I find that very hard to believe. Also Im not against hard events, they should be hard but I dont want to see events changing difficulty. So if this was easy the first time then gets incredibly hard the next time thats just a slap in the face cause people are setting their toons up to the level needed the first time just to find out that its much harder now and will possibly miss the event cause they were mislead.

But with the increasing number of legendary events I dont want to see them all require g11+ zetad+heavily modded toons to beat cause its very difficult to focus so many teams at the same time as Im sure everyone knows by now.
  • Those of us really that are struggling to 7* really appreciate posts like this. Way to go OP. Obviously if 95% of people are having a hard time this is exactly what they want to read. Thanks.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    I completed the event with g8 Phoenix, I think the event is fine
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • That’s more appropriate than saying it’s too easy when others are struggling. I have all g8 but unfortunately Sabine over chopper. I have no problems with people winning if I don’t. Just the too easy comment was unnecessary. Over the span of last 20-30 attempts he’s fractured Hera or Ezra 100% of the time. I can’t do anything with it. I’m over 150 attempts. Had him alone 4 times. Even 4v1 and he destroys my team. Zeb will not stun him. Even when he’s staggered or whatever. He will not stun. I don’t get it. By far the most frustrated I’ve ever been playing this game
  • Agreed. I beat it, now make it harder for everyone else. Sounds awesome. I’m so much farther ahead on Phoenix than I was with new hope. CLS is as OP as Thrawn of more and I easily beat that first go round. Please explain how to win if/when he fractured Ezra or Hera every single time OR one shots zeb before kanan even can go to taunt
  • OMGILOVEBANANAS
    64 posts Member
    edited February 8
    (removed)
  • This is such a troll post. We get it, you got Thrawn. Some of us are still struggling to land him without dropping a fortune. So sad that you need this kind of ego affirmation from a game... I'm hoping you are a little kid.

So you’re saying that you’re worse at this game than little kids?
    @Sirlagzalott
    If not a little kid, certainly the intellectual and emotional equivalent
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • OMGILOVEBANANAS
    64 posts Member
    edited February 8
    (removed)
  • It shouldn't be harder. It took me hours of attempts, mod switches, and re-attempts to win with an all gear 8 squad. And to the guy above who said they doubt anyone did it this time around with gear 8 and low speed, my team had speed sets of + 44, 33, 25, 9 and 4--- nothing fast.

I appreciate that it was this difficult. I wish the EP and R2 events had been like this; it makes it more rewarding when you finally complete it.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Your_mom wrote: »
    That’s more appropriate than saying it’s too easy when others are struggling. I have all g8 but unfortunately Sabine over chopper. I have no problems with people winning if I don’t. Just the too easy comment was unnecessary. Over the span of last 20-30 attempts he’s fractured Hera or Ezra 100% of the time. I can’t do anything with it. I’m over 150 attempts. Had him alone 4 times. Even 4v1 and he destroys my team. Zeb will not stun him. Even when he’s staggered or whatever. He will not stun. I don’t get it. By far the most frustrated I’ve ever been playing this game

What is your potency like on Greb?
  • OMGILOVEBANANAS
    64 posts Member
    edited February 8
    (removed)
  • ExSoldier wrote: »
    It shouldn't be harder. It took me hours of attempts, mod switches, and re-attempts to win with an all gear 8 squad. And to the guy above who said they doubt anyone did it this time around with gear 8 and low speed, my team had speed sets of + 44, 33, 25, 9 and 4--- nothing fast.

I appreciate that it was this difficult. I wish the EP and R2 events had been like this; it makes it more rewarding when you finally complete it.

I hope the devs don't read your post, seriously :))) No reward is gonna make up for the grey hair this event got me. If what they did with Thrawn event is gonna repeat with Yoda, R2-D2, Commander Like, I'm out. December may be the last month with this game if they continue with this bad practice.

None of the events you mentioned were even remotely challenging, and all could easily be cleared with G8 or less and typically on autoplay. This game needs MORE challenging content, not LESS.

You got over places to get that challenge, TB as an example. It should be hard, but not overpowered, random, and I think sometimes a little bit scripted. I've seen the videos with the completion of the event. Thrawn was just a puppet until very late in the fight. Why? Did the "good mods" and high gear scared him?
  • Your_mom wrote: »
    That’s more appropriate than saying it’s too easy when others are struggling. I have all g8 but unfortunately Sabine over chopper. I have no problems with people winning if I don’t. Just the too easy comment was unnecessary. Over the span of last 20-30 attempts he’s fractured Hera or Ezra 100% of the time. I can’t do anything with it. I’m over 150 attempts. Had him alone 4 times. Even 4v1 and he destroys my team. Zeb will not stun him. Even when he’s staggered or whatever. He will not stun. I don’t get it. By far the most frustrated I’ve ever been playing this game

Story of my life :(
  • OMGILOVEBANANAS
    64 posts Member
    edited February 8
    (removed)
  • Your mature response just told me all I need to know. I'll humbly go back to the real world where I've nothing to prove. Enjoy your superiority in mobile gaming.

Wow. You are really mature. Maybe you should argue about something that you were not apart of some more so that everyone can read your name. I bet you love it don't you
  • So you‘re saying f2p players shouldnt be able to complete kegy events? Yeah totally
  • OP is trolling. He can’t win in life. Me on the other hand, winning!
  • PiffGuru wrote: »
    Thrawn event too ez...? is this a troll. Its actually incredibly hard. I barely scraped by because I moved all my best mods to phoenix but its much harder of an event than r2 or bb8 events

Lots of people cleared it with g8 and some of us even did it with g7 peppered in. My opinion is that legendary characters like Thrawn should require more investment. All the ones so far have been super easy to get, even for free players, and for characters of this caliber, I feel that the bar should be set higher (and we should be given more notice to prepare accordingly though as well).

So your saying since you were able to scrape by with some G7 characters EA should make it harder for the rest of us since you already have your legendary character? would you be willing to give up your thrawn and redo the event after gearing and modding them to the difficulty YOU think it should be and trying again? if not then your plea has no merit. It would seem almost like since you have your legendary character you dont want many others to have it as well so you could "enjoy the moment."
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    this can't be a real thread
    Maybe End Game isn't for you