T6 Thrawn-how?

First off, I'm not thrilled how you have to slog through 3 other fights first, whereas all other Legendaries were single fights. Trying to take out some of the underlings like Death Trooper first seems to be a waste of time, but Thrawn has a truckload of Protection and HP-so, help?

Replies

• Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Taunt with kan dispell Storm trooper with ezra kill the dt's then healers/tank lastly thrawn
  • Options
    Taunt with kan dispell Storm trooper with ezra kill the dt's then healers/tank lastly thrawn

Yeah, basically.

Are you using chopper, OP?
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Im guessing G8 won't cut it, with all chars in the low 70s, some 6 stars though.
  • Options
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Im guessing G8 won't cut it, with all chars in the low 70s, some 6 stars though.

Gear 8 can cut it, I beat tier 7 with only gear 8. But I had them at level 85, all uniques omega'd, some decent mods (not necessarily speedy mods though since I had chopper instead of sabine) and some luck.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Would Chopper help over Sabine? More defense vs more offense?
  • Options
    Gear 8 definitely cuts it. I did it. All uniques omegas. Ezra lvl 85, Zeb, Kanan, and Chopper lvl 82 and Hers lvl 80. Heras lead omegaed too btw.

Choppers unique omega was the big difference maker.
  • Options
    If there both G8 chopper
  • Options
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Would Chopper help over Sabine? More defense vs more offense?

Generally speaking Chopper is easier. People who beat tier 7 with sabine usually report having to put more speed on the characters.

Chopper gives another taunter, another dispeller and health regen from his unique. Also his unique gives protection up and a chance at more counters.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    I probably should level them up a bit more to access omegas.
  • Options
    Fo sho. Worth it if you want Thrawn.
    -Sun Tzu
  • WhoVille_Sheriff
    263 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I beat 6* with all g8 Kanan, Hera Zeb, Sabine, and Ezra. They were all 6*.

Kanan was lvl 80, protection mods, omega on unique
    Zeb was 74, protection mods, unique level 7
    Sabine was 72, used my crit chance mods from my Leia (+55 speed), unique level 6
    Ezra was 73, critical chance mods, unique level 5
    Hera was 78, mixed bad mods, Leadership omega

Took over 100 tries over 3 days, but finally was able to dispel taunter and rightmost death trooper. Then killed death troopers, taunter, healer and had all 5 to take on Thrawn. Luckily, he fracted Kanan, so I used every assist call for Zeb which froze thrawn once. Only lost Kanan before Thrawn fell.

You can do it, just keep trying out different combination of character position, tactics, and prayers!
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Options
    To be fair, this is Thrawn we're talking about. His event has to be the most difficult one.
    I did it with G9 Hera, Sabine and G8 Zeb, Ezra and Kanan (Kanan got his zeta, but honestly it wasn't game changing).
  • Options
    Also, Chopper helps a lot in keeping your team alive. Now with the omega in his unique, he can be pretty much the difference. Lots of assists, buffs and CD reduction.
  • Options
    I beat tier 6 with all g7, lvl 82. I moved my arena mods so that helped with the diff. Now im trying to get to g8 and hope i can get him at 7 star
  • Options
    Is anyone else experiencing a glitch where heras backup plan doesn't revive characters?
  • Options
    Ryanthos wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing a glitch where heras backup plan doesn't revive characters?

If deathtroopers use terminate I think it overrides backup plan.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Thrawn is way Op’d and the event might actually be fair if you could use your entire Phoenix team
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Took 2 attempts for 6* Thrawn. 81 Kanan Omega Gs 8, 81 Zeb Omega GS 8, 82 Hera Omega GS 8, Ezra 80 Omega GS8, 83 Sabine Omega GS 9. Sabine only 6* everyone else 7*.

Screwed up on first attempt and went after DTs First instead of Stormtroopers. And was early on Kanan Taunt to take Thrawn’s hit. As long as you time Kanan or Zeb to absorb Thrawn whack a mole you should be good. Sabine does good damage and that dark saber strike is amazing in getting armor down so Ezra and Hera can whittle them down faster.
  • Options
    Well it's redundant. I dont have the money to get them up to high 70s-80, so, a 5 star Thrawn is what I'll have for the next 6 months. I still say these Legendaries should stick to the single fight. And I guess having everyone at 7 stars will help.
  • Options
    7 star and properly modded. Strategy game.

Now you know what you need, so focus on your Phoenix squad which will give you 2 Jedi for Yoda, 5 Rebels for Emperor, 5 Rebels for tenacity Mods challenge, 5 Rebels for health mod challenge, again 2 Jedi for Defense mod challenge, and a team that can steam roll GW and Cantina.
  • Options
    I have Yoda at 7, EP at 6. And getting them was way easier than trying to get thrawn in terms of the fight difficulty.