Prev1
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited October 2017
**Changes are ichor green.**

Old Daka
Defensive Nightsister Healer who Stuns and Revives

Basic: Insightful Blow
Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 75% [up from 60%] chance to Stun them for 1 turn. Deal Physical damage to a random enemy with a 55% chance to Stun them for 1 turn.

Special: Chant of Resurrection
Revive a random defeated Nightsister ally at 1 Health with a 35% chance (doubled on Nightsisters) to revive other defeated allies at 1 Health. All allies recover Health equal to 50% [up from 30%] of Old Daka's Max Health. (Cooldown 4)

Leader: Nightsister Elder
Nightsister allies gain 50% [up from 10%] Health and 50% [up from 40%] Defense.

Unique: Serve Again (REWORKED)
When another ally is defeated, Daka gains 50% Turn Meter and the cooldown of Chant of Resurrection is reduced by 1. When another ally is revived while Old Daka is active, the revived ally gains 20% Turn Meter and gains Offense Up and Defense Up for 2 turns, and [Zeta upgrade only] Old Daka gains +10% Max Health (stacking) until the end of battle.

Asajj Ventress
Nightsister controller with healing who generates attack power as characters are defeated

Basic: Cruel Strike
Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% [up from 35%] chance to Stun for 1 turn.

Special 1: Strike Fear
Dispel all buffs on all enemies and Nightsister allies recover 40% Health. For each buff dispelled, that enemy has a 50% chance to lose 20% [up from 10%] Turn Meter and Nightsister allies recover 10% [up from 9%] Health. This attack can't be Evaded or Resisted. (Cooldown 3)

Special 2: Endless Wrath
Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns. Refresh all cooldowns on a finishing blow. (Cooldown 3)

Leader: Nightsister Swiftness
Nightsister allies have +30 [up from +28] Speed, +30% Offense, gain 50% Turn Meter when they fall below 100% Health, and have a 50% chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted.
(From Zeta Upgrade: +25% Turn Meter Reduction Chance, +10% Turn Meter Reduction, Nightsisters gain 50% Turn Meter when they fall below 100% Health)

Unique: Rampage (REWORKED)
When any ally or enemy is defeated, Asajj gains 35% [down from 50%] Turn Meter, and, gains 15% Offense, 15% Critical Chance, and 5% Max Health (stacking) until the end of the encounter. Asajj has +15 Speed for each enemy with no buffs.
(From Zeta Upgrade: +75% Turn Meter Gain Chance, +5% Offense, +5% Critical Chance, and when any ally or enemy is defeated Asajj gains 5% Max Health until the end of the encounter)

Talia
Aggressive Healer that sacrifices Health so allies can recover Health and Turn Meter

Basic: Draining Strike
Deal Physical damage to target enemy, dealing +50% damage if Talia is below full Health. Nightsister allies recover Health equal to the damage dealt.

Special 1: Water of Life
Dispel all debuffs on all Nightsister allies. Talia consumes 20% of her Max Health and gains 15% Turn Meter for each active Nightsister ally. Other allies recover 50% [up from 40%] Max Health and gain 30% Turn Meter.

Special 2: Harrowing Assault
Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Damage Over Time and Stagger for 2 turns. If Talia has full Health, consume 10% of her Max Health to deal double damage, otherwise she immediately uses Draining Strike.

Nightsister Acolyte
Stealth attacker with some enemy debuffing and self healing ability

Basic: Strike from the Shadows
Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% [up from 55%] chance to gain Stealth for 2 turns and, if Nightsister Acolyte has Stealth, she attacks again.

Special: Sacrificial Magicks
Deal Special damage to target enemy. On a Critical Hit, gain 30% Turn Meter and Dispel all debuffs on a random Nightsister ally. This attack gains 20% Critical Damage for each active Nightsister ally and each debuffed enemy. On a finishing blow, reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1. (Cooldown 3)

Unique: Thrill of Victory
Nightsister Acolyte has +25% [up from +15%] Critical Chance and recovers 20% Health on each Critical Hit. While Nightsister Acolyte has Stealth, she has +50% Offense.

Nightsister Initiate
Critical-focused Attacker that can render enemies immune to buffs

Basic: Slice Open
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Damage Over Time for 3 turns. On a Critical Hit, inflict Damage Over Time for 3 turns.

Special 1: Cut Down
All allies gain Critical Chance Up for 3 turns. Then, deal Physical damage to target enemy. (Cooldown 3)

Special 2: Severing Strike
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns.

Unique: Nightsister Retaliation
If Nightsister Initiate has full Health, she has +100% Counter Chance. Otherwise, she has +100% Offense.
(ZETA): +30% Counter Chance and +50% Offense

General Strategy, Synergy and Utilization

The new and improved Nightsisters have emerged from the shadows of Dathomir to claim their place among the top-end Arena squads and deal serious damage in PvE content. Their synergy with the new “Plague” debuff, and their ability to sustain battles via revive mechanics, make them a powerful and fun squad to use strategically during battle. On the other hand, facing off against the Nightsisters is a unique and exciting challenge that feels equal parts satisfying and terrifying.

Mother Talzin
PvP - Mother Talzin is crucial to a top-tier, competitive Nightsister squad. She is the only source of Plague, a new debuff unique to Nightsisters that serves as their primary source of damage in the first half of a fight. A well-constructed Nightsister squad is particularly difficult to beat on defense unless you bring the proper tools. The Zeta upgrade on “The Great Mother” provides a nearly unstoppable source of assists, generating bonus damage and extra control utility throughout each fight.

PvE - Mother Talzin brings a completely new and fresh gameplay experience to the Nightsisters. In the Heroic Tank Raid, she offers an impressive amount of AoE damage through the use of “Plague” combined with “Ichor Lightning”. “Spirit Blade Assault” has the ability to revive all Nightsister allies, creating a powerful sustain mechanism which allows Nightsisters to recover from what would otherwise be a weak Raid attempt. Additionally, “Plaguebearer” makes Talzin a must-have for Nightsisters, whether she is under Asajj's lead or her own, and will ensure she is a mainstay of the squad for many, many full moons.

Asajj Ventress
PvP - Asajj Ventress has claimed her rightful spot as the top damage dealer in the Nightsister faction. Asajj’s Turn Meter gain and scaling Offense, Critical Chance, and Max Health on “Rampage” fits perfectly with the Zeta upgrade on Mother Talzin's leader ability, “The Great Mother.” Asajj deals immense amounts of damage late in the fight, presenting players with another high value target to strategize around. Asajj also gains squad utility due to her special, “Strike Fear,” now healing all Nightsister allies.

PvE – Asajj Ventress is now the primary damage-dealer who elevates the Nightsisters to the next level in PvE encounters. Her ability to increasingly scale damage and health based on the number of defeated units during an encounter makes her an offensive powerhouse who grows stronger over time, and is able to deal extremely large amounts of damage with each basic attack. Her healing, buff dispelling, and removal of enemy Turn Meter makes her essential in most Nightsister squad configurations.

Nightsister Acolyte
PvP – After her rework, Nightsister Acolyte deals greater damage, enters Stealth more often, and can now attack a second time while Stealthed.

PvE - Nightsister Acolyte is a key part of a Nightsister squad in PvE. Her damage output makes her useful in certain phases, while her ability to gain Stealth with “Strike from the Shadows” makes her pivotal in Phase 3, where she can't be counter-attacked, yet removes Turn Meter from the boss under Asajj lead.

Nightsister Initiate
PvP - Nightsister Initiate’s “Cut Down” now grants her allies Critical Chance Up for three turns. She has also gained a new Unique ability, “Nightsister Retaliation,” that can grant her either +100% Counter Chance or +100% Offense, making her even stronger in Arena.

PvE - Nightsister Initiate, and her Critical Chance Up, provides a welcome boost to a Nightsister squad. She can inflict a decent amount of damage with “Cut Down,” and provides utility with Buff Immunity from “Severing Strike.” Initiate can fill a niche role in a Nightsister squad by using her ability to boost the squad's damage during certain phases of a Raid.

Old Daka
PvP - Old Daka is integral to a truly competitive Nightsister squad. Her consistent Revives and heals prove troublesome if allowed to go unchecked. Once you’ve unlocked the Zeta upgrade on Mother Talzin’s leader ability, “The Great Mother,” your enemies will have to think twice about defeating Daka first. If they do, Daka will begin to be called to Assist from beyond the grave, potentially inflicting two Stuns each time!

PvE - Old Daka is vital to the Nightsisters in any long-term battle that is not ultimately susceptible to an Enrage timer. Thus, she will be extremely powerful in Galactic War, Dark Side Battles, and Cantina Battles, as she keeps the team sustained and locks down the enemy with impunity.

Talia
PvP - Talia is a solid healer for lower Arena brackets, and can function decently under a Mother Talzin lead in high-end Arena. Since “Water of Life” can now dispel all debuffs on all Nightsister allies, she will always be considered during squad building.

PvE - Talia brings a solid amount of dispelling and healing to a squad, and can be exceedingly useful against debuff-heavy features. She deals a significant amount of damage and can easily keep the squad healed up with “Draining Strike,” “Water of Life,” and “Harrowing Assault” chaining into an effective combo.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    So @CG_Kozispoon @CG_feltz916 will NS acolyte be changed to gain stealth before dealing damage like wicket, Chief Nebit and Sith Assassin?

Overall looks good.
  • I don't know why Nightsister Initiate & Talia inflict DOT instead of the new debuff plague. Decent rework anyway, i hope they are effective
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    That green font is burrowing into my brain
  • When is this going live? And how do we get Talzin?

As a full 7 stat NS owner, I'm quite excited!!
  • Kozispoon
    Teague wrote: »
    When is this going live? And how do we get Talzin?

7f7.gif

We should have more details with our next game update. Based off the feedback from players with previous events, we hope to address as many questions as we can to set all of you up for spoopy success.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Spooky with an extra dose of poo. I am intrigued.
  • Teague wrote: »
    When is this going live? And how do we get Talzin?

7f7.gif

We should have more details with our next game update. Based off the feedback from players with previous events, we hope to address as many questions as we can to set all of you up for spoopy success.

I know I don't know anything about how you handle your inner communications. But is it just really that difficult to release that single piece of info with these types of reveals? I mean, you obviously know how they'll be released, so why not just say it and prevent all of this unnecessary speculation? If it is that difficult, why not just wait to reveal until you can also give the acquisition method?

These silly games are honestly becoming tiresome. But do whatever I guess.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member

Unique: Nightsister Retaliation
    If Nightsister Initiate has full Health, she has +100% Counter Chance. Otherwise, she has +100% Offense.
    (ZETA): +30% Counter Chance and +50% Offense

@CG_Kozispoon - Just to clarify on Nightsister Initiate. Does she have 70% Counter Chance without zeta that gets bumped up to 100% on zeta or is there a reason to need 130% Counter Chance? Is someone coming around that can reduce the counter chance?
  • @CG_Kozispoon - Oh man, no way for initiate to gain Taunt? Under her special - with the Zeta, only when Mother Talzin goes under 50% life? On a full moon? Please.

This is a very good update for them, and TBH I don't know if you've improved the stats for them, it wasn't stated. But if they're still similar and squishy, this team needs that tank to be able to pull damage as a back up plan - as a simple ability block thwarts the 'rise from your grave!' strategy a little too easily.
    rise-from-your-grave-o.gif
    Thank you, merci, arigatou.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I thought I read somewhere that we are getting multiple new nightsisters. Is that still the case or is Talzin the only new one coming? Either way im really excited! My first arena squad may finally come out of retirement!
  • In typical CG fashion, they release something awesome but accidentally release something awful that overshadows it (7 star mods)

Hope those aren't coming! Night sisters rework looks great as does the old lady talzin !
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Kat
    31 posts Member
    Really nice job for this rework, i hope we will see them take their place in top arena cause they deserve it and they have everything for eject this rebel pass which becoming really annoying.
    Hey be indulgent pls, my english is just basic!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Forey2 wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere that we are getting multiple new nightsisters. Is that still the case or is Talzin the only new one coming? Either way im really excited! My first arena squad may finally come out of retirement!

I read that the world was going to end september 23rd. Is that still the case?
  • Forey2 wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere that we are getting multiple new nightsisters. Is that still the case or is Talzin the only new one coming? Either way im really excited! My first arena squad may finally come out of retirement!

They did, my uneducated guess is we'll see a few marquee events with a Mother Talzin Legendary...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • @CG_Kozispoon - Oh man, no way for initiate to gain Taunt? Under her special - with the Zeta, only when Mother Talzin goes under 50% life? On a full moon? Please.

This is a very good update for them, and TBH I don't know if you've improved the stats for them, it wasn't stated. But if they're still similar and squishy, this team needs that tank to be able to pull damage as a back up plan - as a simple ability block thwarts the 'rise from your grave!' strategy a little too easily.

+1000 for Altered Beast GIF! WOW!
  • Did any of their stats change? Or are they still going to be like "start-of-the-game stats"? Meaning low health, speed and damage still.

+1000 for Altered Beast GIF! WOW!

Right. "Rise from your grave!"

• Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Altered Beast.... epic!
  • No coincidence that NS initiative , the easiest to farm, got the worst rework so she's the one you leave out of a NS team. Great job
  • will nihilus's omega ed stop resurrection on annihilate stop the resurrection assists or does it work different from the regular revive?
  • All this nightsister synergy.... means that they are unlikely to ever see the light of day. Unless their synergy it top of arena, it's useless. And because much of their strength comes with synergy, if you don't have them all, they are weak. See first order..... all synergy based, so they don't shine at all unless you have them all, maxed, and even that's not good enough. At least they have future characters coming soon. Maybe we'll get more nightsister characters this month, but after that.... probably years before we see another.

These types of characters are fun to tinker with and have little use. I'd rather characters that are good with multiple types of teams. Where is Asajj's bounty hunter tag? She was only a bounty hunter, ohh, a good part of her existence. But they way she is built, you would never even want her on a BH team.

Also, what good is an ability where a small faction gains TM when health falls below 50%? Most characters only fall below 50% in the process of dieing. zHan doesn't care about 50% -- he kills you from full health. So does Leia, Nihilus, and a whole host of other characters. We don't want abilities that trigger when health goes below 50% in a world with protection! I thought you all learned that with Kylo Ren!

Narrow characters = no use. Unfortunate.
  • Minowara wrote: »
    All this nightsister synergy.... means that they are unlikely to ever see the light of day. Unless their synergy it top of arena, it's useless. And because much of their strength comes with synergy, if you don't have them all, they are weak. See first order..... all synergy based, so they don't shine at all unless you have them all, maxed, and even that's not good enough. At least they have future characters coming soon. Maybe we'll get more nightsister characters this month, but after that.... probably years before we see another.

These types of characters are fun to tinker with and have little use. I'd rather characters that are good with multiple types of teams. Where is Asajj's bounty hunter tag? She was only a bounty hunter, ohh, a good part of her existence. But they way she is built, you would never even want her on a BH team.

Also, what good is an ability where a small faction gains TM when health falls below 50%? Most characters only fall below 50% in the process of dieing. zHan doesn't care about 50% -- he kills you from full health. So does Leia, Nihilus, and a whole host of other characters. We don't want abilities that trigger when health goes below 50% in a world with protection! I thought you all learned that with Kylo Ren!

With TBs though this older thinking doesn't hold. Arena isn't the only important area of content. DS TBs coming up they will be very good.
  • Minowara wrote: »
    All this nightsister synergy.... means that they are unlikely to ever see the light of day. Unless their synergy it top of arena, it's useless. And because much of their strength comes with synergy, if you don't have them all, they are weak. See first order..... all synergy based, so they don't shine at all unless you have them all, maxed, and even that's not good enough. At least they have future characters coming soon. Maybe we'll get more nightsister characters this month, but after that.... probably years before we see another.

With TBs though this older thinking doesn't hold. Arena isn't the only important area of content. DS TBs coming up they will be very good.

I disagree with that from this perspective: They can force them to be necessary, not good. There are enough other DS teams out there, such as Empire, bounty hunters, droids, sith, first order, that others already have, so why spend all the time gearing and starring nightsisters unless we are forced to?

They may be good as a whole, but how much effort will it take to max these guys all out and get zetas for a TB when in 3 months they will already be outdated? They had to rework Phoenix characters 5 months after release because they were already so bad. I doubt we will see another nightsister rework.
  • Kozispoon
    Vicarious wrote: »
    You give us these “reveals” and yet you purposely leave out the requirements needed to unlock such new content. You like to see your players/customers scramble? I am beginning to wonder if there is a sadist or two in charge with providing us info.

We know you know who will be needed for such events well in advance, these things take programming which takes time. It’s getting old really quick.

Hiya!
    These posts are specifically to showcase and detail the character kits and open up discussion (in this case) over the changes.
    Details regarding the events they are a part of and the requirements will be provided in further detail via the game update coming up soon.
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    You give us these “reveals” and yet you purposely leave out the requirements needed to unlock such new content. You like to see your players/customers scramble? I am beginning to wonder if there is a sadist or two in charge with providing us info.

We know you know who will be needed for such events well in advance, these things take programming which takes time. It’s getting old really quick.

Hiya!
    These posts are specifically to showcase and detail the character kits and open up discussion (in this case) over the changes.
    Details regarding the events they are a part of and the requirements will be provided in further detail via the game update coming up soon.

Looking forward to it! I've been playing so long, I don't even remember why I collected Nightsisters in the first place.

My guild could use some P3 help though. Thanks.

• Why no increase on ventress basics stun? Thought it should have gone to at least 50%
  • Ruivussan wrote: »
    Vicarious wrote: »

Hiya!

Looking forward to it! I've been playing so long, I don't even remember why I collected Nightsisters in the first place.

My guild could use some P3 help though. Thanks.

Ha. I farmed them too, thinking there's 5 of them. They gotta have some good synergy lol
  • Basic: Slice Open
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Damage Over Time for 3 turns. On a Critical Hit, inflict Damage Over Time for 3 turns

@CG_Kozispoon Is that meant to read on a critical hit inflict another damage over time for 3 turns?